343 try listening to us...

who knows we might actually make your game better…

> who knows we might actually make your game better…

I doubt it the majority of the time.

They are listening.

The trick is knowing who to ignore

Most of this forum

> They are listening.
>
> The trick is knowing who to ignore
>
> Most of this forum

you ever think there lies the problem… they ignore the forums aka their community and leave us in the dark and wonder why the population continues to decline… maybe if they listened to what people want people wouldnt leave…

> > They are listening.
> >
> > The trick is knowing who to ignore
> >
> > Most of this forum
>
> you ever think there lies the problem… they ignore the forums aka their community and leave us in the dark and wonder why the population continues to decline… maybe if they listened to what people want people wouldnt leave…

Here’s the thing: this forum is the focal point of where every person who has a problem with the game comes to complain.

“Everyone” includes, not just people with legitimate posts and problems, but fanboys of the previous games who think nothing should have changed and hate that it’s not Halo 2.1/3.1, and children and whiners who got killed once or twice thanks to a certain weapon, AA, or vehicle, and came here to hate on this “bad” game. The latter two are the most common and vocal here (which actually doesn’t say much, it’s just the tiny minority all congregating on one point)

I remember, when the game first came out, two of the most common complaints were “The SAW needs to be nerfed” and “The Mantis is overpowered”. Now, most people realize they’re perfectly fine.

Some people just DON’T have legitimate complaints or even opinions. They’re too immature or clouded by nostalgia.

they will listen to things that have a decent point behind it, they cant spend all day on the forums having to sort through the actual issues vs the whiners :confused:

in all honesty i dont blame the developers not having alot of input on the forums, they dont need to show their presence because they can read what people have put, most people put detail in their posts if there’s a actual problem plus if the were on here it would just make them a target for a inbox full of whiners

> > > They are listening.
> > >
> > > The trick is knowing who to ignore
> > >
> > > Most of this forum
> >
> > you ever think there lies the problem… they ignore the forums aka their community and leave us in the dark and wonder why the population continues to decline… maybe if they listened to what people want people wouldnt leave…
>
> Here’s the thing: this forum is the focal point of where every person who has a problem with the game comes to complain.
>
> “Everyone” includes, not just people with legitimate posts and problems, but fanboys of the previous games who think nothing should have changed and hate that it’s not Halo 2.1/3.1, and children and whiners who got killed once or twice thanks to a certain weapon, AA, or vehicle, and came here to hate on this “bad” game. The latter two are the most common and vocal here (which actually doesn’t say much, it’s just the tiny minority all congregating on one point)
>
> I remember, when the game first came out, two of the most common complaints were “The SAW needs to be nerfed” and “The Mantis is overpowered”. Now, most people realize they’re perfectly fine.
>
> Some people just DON’T have legitimate complaints or even opinions. They’re too immature or clouded by nostalgia.

i think the population speaks for itself…

the population has decreased by over 50% meaning more people have stopped playing the game than the amount of people still playing the game…

> > > > They are listening.
> > > >
> > > > The trick is knowing who to ignore
> > > >
> > > > Most of this forum
> > >
> > > you ever think there lies the problem… they ignore the forums aka their community and leave us in the dark and wonder why the population continues to decline… maybe if they listened to what people want people wouldnt leave…
> >
> > Here’s the thing: this forum is the focal point of where every person who has a problem with the game comes to complain.
> >
> > “Everyone” includes, not just people with legitimate posts and problems, but fanboys of the previous games who think nothing should have changed and hate that it’s not Halo 2.1/3.1, and children and whiners who got killed once or twice thanks to a certain weapon, AA, or vehicle, and came here to hate on this “bad” game. The latter two are the most common and vocal here (which actually doesn’t say much, it’s just the tiny minority all congregating on one point)
> >
> > I remember, when the game first came out, two of the most common complaints were “The SAW needs to be nerfed” and “The Mantis is overpowered”. Now, most people realize they’re perfectly fine.
> >
> > Some people just DON’T have legitimate complaints or even opinions. They’re too immature or clouded by nostalgia.
>
> i think the population speaks for itself…

Except it doesn’t. The population is fine. Don’t try to pull up that silly Halocharts site; that’s been debunked as a valid population source so many times it’s sad people still do.

Find me a source that counts the entire Halo 4 population exactly like Halo 3 (the game the population is most compared to) did.

Then show me a source showing Halo 3’s population at about the same time as now in Halo 4’s lifetime.

THEN we’ll have a legitimate source for debate.

> They are listening.
>
> The trick is knowing who to ignore
>
> Most of this forum

this attitude right here is killing this game.

you have to listen to everyone, listen more to the people that are voicing a problem with the game then the people who constantly say the game is great, the reason for this is to know where there is a problem in your game, an area that is weak or causing issues creating a more frustrating anyoing experience then an enjoyable one, if the problem is a lot more widespread, I.E constantly brought up over and over and over then there is a seriously problem hindering the enjoyment for most likely the majority of the player base.

its also important to ignore all feedback from the first few weeks of the game being released unless its a bug report.

> > > > > They are listening.
> > > > >
> > > > > The trick is knowing who to ignore
> > > > >
> > > > > Most of this forum
> > > >
> > > > you ever think there lies the problem… they ignore the forums aka their community and leave us in the dark and wonder why the population continues to decline… maybe if they listened to what people want people wouldnt leave…
> > >
> > > Here’s the thing: this forum is the focal point of where every person who has a problem with the game comes to complain.
> > >
> > > “Everyone” includes, not just people with legitimate posts and problems, but fanboys of the previous games who think nothing should have changed and hate that it’s not Halo 2.1/3.1, and children and whiners who got killed once or twice thanks to a certain weapon, AA, or vehicle, and came here to hate on this “bad” game. The latter two are the most common and vocal here (which actually doesn’t say much, it’s just the tiny minority all congregating on one point)
> > >
> > > I remember, when the game first came out, two of the most common complaints were “The SAW needs to be nerfed” and “The Mantis is overpowered”. Now, most people realize they’re perfectly fine.
> > >
> > > Some people just DON’T have legitimate complaints or even opinions. They’re too immature or clouded by nostalgia.
> >
> > i think the population speaks for itself…
>
> Except it doesn’t. The population is fine. Don’t try to pull up that silly Halocharts site; that’s been debunked as a valid population source so many times it’s sad people still do.

what is this halocharts you speak of i said nothing about that… you can see the population in game smart one… when the game came out there were over 500k people playing it… now there is under 150k and this is coming from in game not your bs little halocharts…

population does indeed speak for itself its people like you that make 343 think its ok to ignore more than 50% of their community and focus solely on people that like the game the way it currently stands…

> you have to listen to everyone, listen more to the people that are voicing a problem with the game then the people who constantly say the game is great, the reason for this is to know where there is a problem in your game, an area that is weak or causing issues creating a more frustrating anyoing experience then an enjoyable one, if the problem is a lot more widespread, I.E constantly brought up over and over and over then there is a seriously problem hindering the enjoyment for most likely the majority of the player base.
>
> its also important to ignore all feedback from the first few weeks of the game being released unless its a bug report.

Except problems like that are in the minority around here. It’s just a storm of “Armor mods and AAs are killing the game. Why? Because they weren’t in Halo t… I mean, because they’re dumb, and anyone who doesn’t think so is a noob who’s never played Halo 2 or 3.”

I’m perfectly willing to accept legitimate complaints (though I debate and disagree with some).

> > > > > > They are listening.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The trick is knowing who to ignore
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Most of this forum
> > > > >
> > > > > you ever think there lies the problem… they ignore the forums aka their community and leave us in the dark and wonder why the population continues to decline… maybe if they listened to what people want people wouldnt leave…
> > > >
> > > > Here’s the thing: this forum is the focal point of where every person who has a problem with the game comes to complain.
> > > >
> > > > “Everyone” includes, not just people with legitimate posts and problems, but fanboys of the previous games who think nothing should have changed and hate that it’s not Halo 2.1/3.1, and children and whiners who got killed once or twice thanks to a certain weapon, AA, or vehicle, and came here to hate on this “bad” game. The latter two are the most common and vocal here (which actually doesn’t say much, it’s just the tiny minority all congregating on one point)
> > > >
> > > > I remember, when the game first came out, two of the most common complaints were “The SAW needs to be nerfed” and “The Mantis is overpowered”. Now, most people realize they’re perfectly fine.
> > > >
> > > > Some people just DON’T have legitimate complaints or even opinions. They’re too immature or clouded by nostalgia.
> > >
> > > i think the population speaks for itself…
> >
> > Except it doesn’t. The population is fine. Don’t try to pull up that silly Halocharts site; that’s been debunked as a valid population source so many times it’s sad people still do.
>
> what is this halocharts you speak of i said nothing about that… you can see the population in game smart one… when the game came out there were over 500k people playing it… now there is under 150k and this is coming from in game not your bs little halocharts…
>
> population doesn indeed speak for itself its people like you that make 343 think its ok to ignore more than 50% of their community and focus solely on people that like the game the way it currently stands…

Halocharts. What all the whiners around here have been pulling up as “proof” the game is “dying”? I guess you’re new here.

A population decline from launch day is perfectly normal. People get the game, it’s a big deal, they play campaign and multiplayer a ton, then people cut back on playing it, come back to it every so often, etc. Hardly proof that the game is bad, especially when it’s #2 most played, behind only the “game to play” CoD.

Besides, the population counter only counts people on at the time, not unique users throughout the day like Halo 3 did.

> > you have to listen to everyone, listen more to the people that are voicing a problem with the game then the people who constantly say the game is great, the reason for this is to know where there is a problem in your game, an area that is weak or causing issues creating a more frustrating anyoing experience then an enjoyable one, if the problem is a lot more widespread, I.E constantly brought up over and over and over then there is a seriously problem hindering the enjoyment for most likely the majority of the player base.
> >
> > its also important to ignore all feedback from the first few weeks of the game being released unless its a bug report.
>
> Except problems like that are in the minority around here. It’s just a storm of “Armor mods and AAs are killing the game. Why? Because they weren’t in Halo t… I mean, because they’re dumb, and anyone who doesn’t think so is a noob who’s never played Halo 2 or 3.”
>
> I’m perfectly willing to accept legitimate complaints (though I debate and disagree with some).

and why aren’t those complaints legitimate? if thats whats being brought up as the main issue then obviously 343i have chosen a very very bad path to take halo down.

what 343i are trying to do is stand out from the crowd by blending in…

> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > you ever think there lies the problem… they ignore the forums aka their community and leave us in the dark and wonder why the population continues to decline… maybe if they listened to what people want people wouldnt leave…
> > >
> > > Here’s the thing: this forum is the focal point of where every person who has a problem with the game comes to complain.
> > >
> > > “Everyone” includes, not just people with legitimate posts and problems, but fanboys of the previous games who think nothing should have changed and hate that it’s not Halo 2.1/3.1, and children and whiners who got killed once or twice thanks to a certain weapon, AA, or vehicle, and came here to hate on this “bad” game. The latter two are the most common and vocal here (which actually doesn’t say much, it’s just the tiny minority all congregating on one point)
> > >
> > > I remember, when the game first came out, two of the most common complaints were “The SAW needs to be nerfed” and “The Mantis is overpowered”. Now, most people realize they’re perfectly fine.
> > >
> > > Some people just DON’T have legitimate complaints or even opinions. They’re too immature or clouded by nostalgia.
> >
>
> Except it doesn’t. The population is fine. Don’t try to pull up that silly Halocharts site; that’s been debunked as a valid population source so many times it’s sad people still do.
>
> Find me a source that counts the entire Halo 4 population exactly like Halo 3 (the game the population is most compared to) did.
>
> Then show me a source showing Halo 3’s population at about the same time as now in Halo 4’s lifetime.
>
> THEN we’ll have a legitimate source for debate.

I’ll just leave this here.

> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>
> Find me a source that counts the entire Halo 4 population exactly like Halo 3 (the game the population is most compared to) did.
>
> Then show me a source showing Halo 3’s population at about the same time as now in Halo 4’s lifetime.
>
> THEN we’ll have a legitimate source for debate.

alright first of all smooth move changing your post after i already qouted you on it…

second of all look at the post above me, thats a snapshot of h3… h3 had a consistant player base of between 200k-400k at any given time… this is not your dumb halocharts statistics… these are real numbers that i saw with my own eyes, every day… i used to play h3 every day… last time i played h4 was probly 5 days ago and only for a few games…

population speaks for itself

> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > you ever think there lies the problem… they ignore the forums aka their community and leave us in the dark and wonder why the population continues to decline… maybe if they listened to what people want people wouldnt leave…
> > > >
> > > > Here’s the thing: this forum is the focal point of where every person who has a problem with the game comes to complain.
> > > >
> > > > “Everyone” includes, not just people with legitimate posts and problems, but fanboys of the previous games who think nothing should have changed and hate that it’s not Halo 2.1/3.1, and children and whiners who got killed once or twice thanks to a certain weapon, AA, or vehicle, and came here to hate on this “bad” game. The latter two are the most common and vocal here (which actually doesn’t say much, it’s just the tiny minority all congregating on one point)
> > > >
> > > > I remember, when the game first came out, two of the most common complaints were “The SAW needs to be nerfed” and “The Mantis is overpowered”. Now, most people realize they’re perfectly fine.
> > > >
> > > > Some people just DON’T have legitimate complaints or even opinions. They’re too immature or clouded by nostalgia.
> > >
> >
> > Except it doesn’t. The population is fine. Don’t try to pull up that silly Halocharts site; that’s been debunked as a valid population source so many times it’s sad people still do.
> >
> > Find me a source that counts the entire Halo 4 population exactly like Halo 3 (the game the population is most compared to) did.
> >
> > Then show me a source showing Halo 3’s population at about the same time as now in Halo 4’s lifetime.
> >
> > THEN we’ll have a legitimate source for debate.
>
> I’ll just leave this here.
>
> http://i.imgur.com/qWEZN.jpg

that is unique players in 24 hours. Show unique halo 4 players in 24 hours. That pop is probably a couple days after launch.

Halo 4 is going nowhere but down, and whoever doesn’t see that is in complete denial.

> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > Find me a source that counts the entire Halo 4 population exactly like Halo 3 (the game the population is most compared to) did.
> >
> > Then show me a source showing Halo 3’s population at about the same time as now in Halo 4’s lifetime.
> >
> > THEN we’ll have a legitimate source for debate.
>
> alright first of all smooth move changing your post after i already qouted you on it…
>
> second of all look at the post above me, thats a snapshot of h3… h3 had a consistant player base of between 200k-400k at any given time… this is not your dumb halocharts statistics… these are real numbers that i saw with my own eyes, every day… i used to play h3 every day… last time i played h4 was probly 5 days ago and only for a few games…
>
> population speaks for itself

The picture means little. Halo 3, according to its population counter which counted everybody who had played throughout the day, had a little over a million people go through it throughout the entirety of the day at one point. And?

You still need to provide a source that DATES that picture, then find a source that counts the population of Halo 4 the same way at around the same time. Got it?

And saying “I saw it with my own eyes” means nothing. You must PROVE it if you’re going to start stating facts.

> Halo 4 is going nowhere but down, and whoever doesn’t see that is in complete denial.

Yet it’s sales are at 7,000,000 copies. Bought. Though obviously not that many people will be playing online at one time

halo 3 switched to 24hour counter after halo reach was released