343: time to shine and fix the sound FX!!

I am excited for 343 to take over the Halo series, I think bungie did a great job but there is lots can be improved on IMO. what I would like to see (or hear) more than anything is beefy sound FXs. Download the Bodycount demo and you will know exactly what I mean. When I fire a gun it should make me feel like a God delivering terrible wrath, everything else should be drowned out by the sound. Please 343 if you read this play that demo and take notes Halo fans will love you for it!

I think the sound effects are fine the way they are. The shooting of a gun should not sound like “God delivering [a] terrible wrath”, that would be a little over the top. Have you have played Halo with HD surrond sound? Or with a Turtle Beach headset? I think you’d be satisfied if you did. The sound effects are amazing.

NO I use a 7.1 speaker set which is very nice, but I have not tried on headsets. I dont think the Sound FX are bad by any means they just need to be beefier IMO.

> NO I use a 7.1 speaker set which is very nice, but I have not tried on headsets. I dont think the Sound FX are bad by any means they just need to be beefier IMO.

Beefier might seem, as I said before, a little too over the top and extravagant. It’s one of those things that makes Halo “Halo”. Changing the sound effects too much would alter the Halo experience.

I will admit that hearing a grenade explode while listening with my Turtle Beach headset is quite amazing. Probably my favorite sound in all of Halo…besides the Covenant Cruiser going over you in the Tsavo highway level of Halo 3. That’s what made me buy my first surround sound system.

Frankie showed it off at the IMAX theater a month before the games’ release. I knew then that I had to make an audio upgrade!

I personally like it when the guns aren’t so loud that I can hear other things, like music, dialogue, etc.

Damn you all!! I see I am not going to get any help from you guys lol. Still I say play the demo Bodycount and tell me I am wrong.

I would like maybe a bit more bass on the explosions (Turtle Beach Bass Boost FTW!), but then again, my opinion can be a bit biased because of my obsession with bass sounds.

Anyway, I really like the way 343i does their sound effect recording.

Judging by there work with the Anniversary audio, I think the FX are in good hands. The Halo 4 audio video, shown at PAX, was pretty impressive, too.

> > NO I use a 7.1 speaker set which is very nice, but I have not tried on headsets. I dont think the Sound FX are bad by any means they just need to be beefier IMO.
>
> Beefier might seem, as I said before, a little too over the top and extravagant. It’s one of those things that makes Halo “Halo”. Changing the sound effects too much would alter the Halo experience.

Not really maybe in the past but not any more why neglect the use of good new sound effects for a little nostalgia I think that they should fill Halo with deep sub base sounds when you fire a plasma based weapons it would make the game feel really amazing by giving it that fleshier feel to it.