343 these are the current requests for additions

Here is a list of nearly every single suggestion that has been posted in this thread so far. Maybe now we can avoid duplicates. :slight_smile:

Each link leads to the post where the suggestion was made. The links are all safe, I just had to shorten them so the post would fit.

Player TraitsGrenade Regeneration
Invincible to all but splatters

Random AAs
Shield/Health Vampirism/Decay
Health Modifier
Full Health Regen for Spartans (currently Elite-only)
Vehicle Damage Modifier
Camo Trait shouldn’t fade with movement
Drop your AA when you die
Spare Clips off-spawn
Edit softkill times
Teams without forced colors
Special Trait Zones
Big Head Mode
Weapon Pickup Disabled shouldn’t block objective pickup
Objective Pickup > Weapon Pickup

ForgeSave Forge settings
FFA

GeneralMore intervals for round/objective times
Toggle: Multi-Team Vehicles (already disabled in RR?)
Per-loadout traits
Show round number (Round X of Y) on scoreboard
Show score limit on HUD (“23 / 50”)
Toggle: Announcer
Toggle: Indestructible vehicles don’t protect driver
Nightvision

General BroAdd as GUI option for all gametypes
BRO_NO_SPAWN zones
Use normal waypoints so teammates on other Fireteams are more visible

AssaultBug: if multiple plants, only one gets waypoint
Toggle: require multiple people to disarm
Show waypoint on friendly AS_GOAL if it’s a vehicle/AA

Kill scoring

CTFSeparate flag spawn from return
Vehicle = Flag
Multiple flags per team
FFA
Kill scoring
Adjustable return radius

HeadhunterAdjust how many skulls a player drops
Adjust Skullamanjaro limit
Toggle: Can’t grab teammates’ skulls
Toggle: Only headshots give skulls
Ordered Drop Points

InfectionBetrayal bug
End round if lives enabled, all Zombies eliminated, and 2+ Humans alive
Next Zombie with “Fair” value
% Initial Zombies
Haven Contact Points (score for reaching a Haven)
Haven Time Points (per second in a Haven)
Score Humans by survival time, not kills
Zombies are Elites

Multiple active Havens
Fixed/Ordered Havens

Two-way Infection
Alpha Zombie Proximity Traits
Toggle: Team- or FFA-style chat
Initial Human Count

InvasionSeparate traits for Spartans, Elites
Beta or no forced colors
Reset Bomb/Core if they enter softkill, even if reset is disabled
INV_NO_CORE and INV_NO_BOMB zones
Territory Traits
Fireteam option (disable or set number per team)
If both teams clear all Phases, fastest team should win

Neutral capturable spawn areas
Instant arm time for Assault
If lives are enabled, allow the option to replenish them back to original at the start of the next phase.
Invasion Slayer with no drops whatsoever
SvS/EvE Invasion

Invasion Slayer kill-based analogue to Invasion’s INV_WEAPON
4th Phase (cosmetic)
4th Phase (playable)
Slayer Phases

Race Phases
VIP Phases
2-way Invasion
Phase Traits
Allow fewer than 3 Phases
Disambiguate Alpha/Bravo Territories in-game
Make Perfections possible in Invasion Slayer
Boardwalk/Powerhouse Territories have no sirens.
Tempest Territories constantly sound sirens.

InvasionSeparate traits for Spartans, Elites
Beta or no forced colors
Reset Bomb/Core if they enter softkill, even if reset is disabled
INV_NO_CORE and INV_NO_BOMB zones
Territory Traits
Fireteam option (disable or set number per team)
If both teams clear all Phases, fastest team should win

Neutral capturable spawn areas
Instant arm time for Assault
If lives are enabled, allow the option to replenish them back to original at the start of the next phase.
Invasion Slayer with no drops whatsoever
SvS/EvE Invasion

Invasion Slayer kill-based analogue to Invasion’s INV_WEAPON
4th Phase (cosmetic)
4th Phase (playable)
Slayer Phases

Race Phases
VIP Phases
2-way Invasion
Phase Traits
Allow fewer than 3 Phases
Disambiguate Alpha/Bravo Territories in-game
Make Perfections possible in Invasion Slayer
Boardwalk/Powerhouse Territories have no sirens.
Tempest Territories constantly sound sirens.

JuggernautAllow us to change Juggernaut’s weapon
Toggle: Juggernaut on fire
Allied Against Juggernaut
Timed Juggernaut

KOTHAllow scoring when Hill is contested
Radial Scoring

OddballReset Time
Heavier ball

Race/Rally/RR/RHRAllow Race without vehicles
Usable Team option
Add the new RR settings to standard Race/Rally
More vehicles
If team is too large, extra players should get an extra vehicle

Slayer scoring options
Toggle: No Teleporting

SlayerKill In Order
Spawn On Vehicle + Teleport Time

StockpileFix loadout camera timing bug
Ordered Flag spawns (Spawn Sequence)
Feature: rounds start with only 1 flag; more spawn as each one is scored.
Feature: sync flag count to elapsed time

TerritoriesCaptured territories can be spawned at using Bro system
Allow players in vehicles to affect cap timer
Toggle: Contesting
Explicitly set if scoring is time- or number-captured-based

SvE

VIPBring it back. Could be Juggernaut-based?

Generator DefenseBring it back, make it MP. (How?)

New GametypesPuzzles
King Capture the Slayer

You want something WORTH a TU (Title Update)?

Well here it is!

Hopefully 343i has taken a great look on Bungie.net over the past few months because every single bit of criticism on every flaw has been posted in those forums. Many of the things posted are clouded by the useless posts that are usually posted.
My hope is that every single glitch/flaw within the game are posted here on the 343i forums so we can actually have a more intellegent discussion about the TU. I’ve read multiple solutions that forum members have come up with over the past few months and their own constructive criticism has felt as if it has fallen on deaf ears. Hopefully this is not true, and 343i has taken into great consideration upon the Bnet community, and the 343/Waypoint forum community that is slowly growing.

> You want something WORTH a TU (Title Update)?
>
> Well here it is!

> Hopefully 343i has taken a great look on Bungie.net over the past few months because every single bit of criticism on every flaw has been posted in those forums. Many of the things posted are clouded by the useless posts that are usually posted.
> My hope is that every single glitch/flaw within the game are posted here on the 343i forums so we can actually have a more intellegent discussion about the TU. I’ve read multiple solutions that forum members have come up with over the past few months and their own constructive criticism has felt as if it has fallen on deaf ears. Hopefully this is not true, and 343i has taken into great consideration upon the Bnet community, and the 343/Waypoint forum community that is slowly growing.

Absolute agreement.

The Bnet community is awful, mainly because good and constructive criticisms made about Halo Reach, have been clouded by useless posts after useless posts.

We have to keep this new forum constructive, simple and to the point with what the Community of Halo players want. We have to show the maturity level, the well thought out organization, and the research that will help 343 help its consumers.

I posted these requests from Bnet here, because they will make Halo Reach AMAZING.

But I also posted this, because the post was well thought out, researched and completely reasonable.

Its your call to save Halo Reach 343, but we will be helping you out, every step of the way for Halo Reach, and your future Halo projects.

Um, try developing some stuff so we don’t have to click the link to understand.

> > Hopefully 343i has taken a great look on Bungie.net over the past few months because every single bit of criticism on every flaw has been posted in those forums. Many of the things posted are clouded by the useless posts that are usually posted.
> > My hope is that every single glitch/flaw within the game are posted here on the 343i forums so we can actually have a more intellegent discussion about the TU. I’ve read multiple solutions that forum members have come up with over the past few months and their own constructive criticism has felt as if it has fallen on deaf ears. Hopefully this is not true, and 343i has taken into great consideration upon the Bnet community, and the 343/Waypoint forum community that is slowly growing.
>
> Absolute agreement.
>
> The Bnet community is awful, mainly because good and constructive criticisms made about Halo Reach, have been clouded by useless posts after useless posts.
>
> We have to keep this new forum constructive, simple and to the point with what the Community of Halo players want. We have to show the maturity level, the well thought out organization, and the research that will help 343 help its consumers.
>
> I posted these requests from Bnet here, because they will make Halo Reach AMAZING.
>
> But I also posted this, because the post was well thought out, researched and completely reasonable.
>
> Its your call to save Halo Reach 343, but we will be helping you out, every step of the way for Halo Reach, and your future Halo projects.

A huge CG update would help the game, but new people wont be drawn in if gameplay in MM isn’t changed. If Custom Games gets a buff then the people currently playing will play for longer, but people who migrated to other games wont come back.

Updates to Custom Games will allow for new variants to become popular in the community, which will translate into Matchmaking playlists, such as the Classic Playlist in April as an example.

If all of these were implemented, I would have a Halo-gasm.

1. LISTEN TO THIS MAN.

Since I’ve seen a few people wondering what this is, it’s… well, absolutely irrelevant to the Waypoint/343 forum.

There’s a thread in Bungie.net’s Optimatch forum for gametype add-ons that Bungie can implement solely using gametype scripting, without the need to release a Title Update. The thread’s gotten pretty large and bloated, and people have been making a lot of repeat suggestions by mistake… So I went through the thread, compiled a list of every (relevant) suggestion in that thread, and posted it.

iKombo – known as “smc90” on BNet – saw the list and reposted an exact copy of it in the same thread. He then copied it to here. The BNet thread wasn’t dying or in need of a bump, and my list post hadn’t been buried, so it was kind of unnecessary (and very freaking annoying, given his previous childish/spammy behavior in that thread). The post here is likewise unnecessary; Bungie is in charge of gametype scripting, not 343.

I’m not sure what the dude’s thought process was when he made the reposts. I’m not sure if there was any kind of thought process at all, really.

TL;DR: This thread is 100% unnecessary and serves no purpose here, it’s just useless copypasta.

Totally worth it, comon we need more replies and comments, support this thread.

> Absolute agreement.
>
> The Bnet community is awful, mainly because good and constructive criticisms made about Halo Reach, have been clouded by useless posts after useless posts.

LOL. You mean like all the useless posts you put in Goat’s Custom Game thread in which you apparently ripped off and decided to post here?

And, you didn’t even give him credit or DavidJCobb.

O good here come the “great ideas” fromBnet users… Hopefully they don’t listen to these

343i, PLEASE release these in a Title Update. Currently, the only way we can get some of these settings is by asking Jeremiah (Bungie’s playlist fungineer) to create a special edited gametype and then manually downloading it from his fileshare.

Putting these settings in a TU would make our lives so much easier, and would expose more people to the changes.

iKombo, just a heads up:

Waypoint threads that consist of nothing but links to Bungie.net threads don’t seem to last long around here. If you want to start a discussion here about the individual gameplay tweaks that’s one thing, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this link dump of a thread gets locked soon.

Not trying to condescend or anything, but the Waypoint forums deserve to be more than just a place to constantly link collections of Bungie.net threads. I’d be glad to contribute to any thread you start here discussing these changes.

Feel free to post thoughts and opinions within our forums, but please don’t simply link to threads on external sites. Thank you in advance.