343, there's a reason kids can't vote

343, you know that gamers are OCD/ADD/ADHD superstitious creatures who live in their well-worn ruts.

Gamers decide quickly which maps “suck” and which “are OK.”

Check your logs. We are being taken hostage by Exile and Complex.

“But … it’s winning, so it’s majority rule.”

343, if you want players to play all your maps, change your voting procedure. Or, just make us play maps. Players might drop out, but another will join.

Until then, I’ll be drop in these maps.

Another thought: the “OCD Player’s Choice” with Exile/Complex 24/7

Yeah, playing on Ragnarok every single match of BTB is getting quite stale.

Bring back veto. problems solved.

> Bring back veto. problems solved.

this

> > Bring back veto. problems solved.
>
> this

this

Choose a map for us… Problem solved better. It would be much nicer to have a random map, even if you don’t like it, than the same one 5 times in a row.

Either pick automatic map for us or bring the veto system back.

> 343, you know that gamers are OCD/ADD/ADHD superstitious creatures who live in their well-worn ruts.
>
> Gamers decide quickly which maps “suck” and which “are OK.”
>
> Check your logs. We are being taken hostage by Exile and Complex.
>
> “But … it’s winning, so it’s majority rule.”
>
> 343, if you want players to play all your maps, change your voting procedure. Or, just <mark>make us play maps</mark>. Players might drop out, but another will join.
>
> Until then, I’ll be drop in these maps.
>
>
> Another thought: the “OCD Player’s Choice” with Exile/Complex 24/7

So rather than other people forcing us to certain play maps, you want other people forcing us to play certain maps?

I honestly don’t mind the voting and yes, sometimes you get a few of the same in a row but it’s not that bad.

The only other viable way is to just set an even % for every map in that playlist and let it do it random without recourse.

Of course everyone should realize that if 343i DID do that, there would be nothing but complaints on this forum with “Halo has always had voting!!! 343i is killing Halo!!!”

> Bring back veto. problems solved.

> > 343, you know that gamers are OCD/ADD/ADHD superstitious creatures who live in their well-worn ruts.
> >
> > Gamers decide quickly which maps “suck” and which “are OK.”
> >
> > Check your logs. We are being taken hostage by Exile and Complex.
> >
> > “But … it’s winning, so it’s majority rule.”
> >
> > 343, if you want players to play all your maps, change your voting procedure. Or, just <mark>make us play maps</mark>. Players might drop out, but another will join.
> >
> > Until then, I’ll be drop in these maps.
> >
> >
> > Another thought: the “OCD Player’s Choice” with Exile/Complex 24/7
>
> So rather than other people forcing us to certain play maps, you want other people forcing us to play certain maps?

I would like to play all the maps that shipped and that we paid for.

If 343 ran a rotation that made sure we got all the maps, that would be ideal.

Then, if a certain map is decided to be bad, 343 could fix it. Instead of having it avoided and most other maps as well.

> I honestly don’t mind the voting and yes, sometimes you get a few of the same in a row but it’s not that bad.
>
> The only other viable way is to just set an even % for every map in that playlist and let it do it random without recourse.
>
> Of course everyone should realize that if 343i DID do that, there would be nothing but complaints on this forum with “Halo has always had voting!!! 343i is killing Halo!!!”

The main issue is, are we getting to play all the maps?

No. We are getting more maps than others. Personally, I got Exile 8-11 times in BTB last night.

Players will complain about box art, menu colors, the shape of the pine cones on a certain map. It isn’t the point. The point is, are we getting to play all the maps we paid for. If not, there could be a solution as you say. I just want to play all maps.

> > > 343, you know that gamers are OCD/ADD/ADHD superstitious creatures who live in their well-worn ruts.
> > >
> > > Gamers decide quickly which maps “suck” and which “are OK.”
> > >
> > > Check your logs. We are being taken hostage by Exile and Complex.
> > >
> > > “But … it’s winning, so it’s majority rule.”
> > >
> > > 343, if you want players to play all your maps, change your voting procedure. Or, just <mark>make us play maps</mark>. Players might drop out, but another will join.
> > >
> > > Until then, I’ll be drop in these maps.
> > >
> > >
> > > Another thought: the “OCD Player’s Choice” with Exile/Complex 24/7
> >
> > So rather than other people forcing us to certain play maps, you want other people forcing us to play certain maps?
>
> I would like to play all the maps that shipped and that we paid for.
>
> If 343 ran a rotation that made sure we got all the maps, that would be ideal.
>
> Then, if a certain map is decided to be bad, 343 could fix it. Instead of having it avoided and most other maps as well.

You solution would lead to lots of people quitting when a certain map comes up, wouldn’t fix anything.

> > 343, you know that gamers are OCD/ADD/ADHD superstitious creatures who live in their well-worn ruts.
> >
> > Gamers decide quickly which maps “suck” and which “are OK.”
> >
> > Check your logs. We are being taken hostage by Exile and Complex.
> >
> > “But … it’s winning, so it’s majority rule.”
> >
> > 343, if you want players to play all your maps, change your voting procedure. Or, just <mark>make us play maps</mark>. Players might drop out, but another will join.
> >
> > Until then, I’ll be drop in these maps.
> >
> >
> > Another thought: the “OCD Player’s Choice” with Exile/Complex 24/7
>
> So rather than other people forcing us to certain play maps, you want other people forcing us to play certain maps?

No. It should be a random crap shoot. The vote system was broken in Reach and has carried over to Halo 4. It just leads to the same thing over and over again.

And what is the communities fascination with Exile. God that map is terrible.

> You solution would lead to lots of people quitting when a certain map comes up, wouldn’t fix anything.

But since there is JIP who cares if they quit.

> > You solution would lead to lots of people quitting when a certain map comes up, wouldn’t fix anything.
>
> But since there is JIP who cares if they quit.

Me, I care.

I don’t want to play a half full game all the way through and I also don’t want to consider quitting myself because I might hate a map. Some maps don’t work for certain gametypes, I shouldn’t have to play them.

There’s nothing “OCD” about that, in fact I’m making an informed choice by voting.

> > > > 343, you know that gamers are OCD/ADD/ADHD superstitious creatures who live in their well-worn ruts.
> > > >
> > > > Gamers decide quickly which maps “suck” and which “are OK.”
> > > >
> > > > Check your logs. We are being taken hostage by Exile and Complex.
> > > >
> > > > “But … it’s winning, so it’s majority rule.”
> > > >
> > > > 343, if you want players to play all your maps, change your voting procedure. Or, just <mark>make us play maps</mark>. Players might drop out, but another will join.
> > > >
> > > > Until then, I’ll be drop in these maps.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Another thought: the “OCD Player’s Choice” with Exile/Complex 24/7
> > >
> > > So rather than other people forcing us to certain play maps, you want other people forcing us to play certain maps?
> >
> > I would like to play all the maps that shipped and that we paid for.
> >
> > If 343 ran a rotation that made sure we got all the maps, that would be ideal.
> >
> > Then, if a certain map is decided to be bad, 343 could fix it. Instead of having it avoided and most other maps as well.
>
> You solution would lead to lots of people quitting when a certain map comes up, wouldn’t fix anything.

Are you fine paying $60 to play only 2-3 favored maps all the time? Let’s take choice out of the hands of OCD players and into a computerized system that lets us play the variety 343 made for us. Any solution gets all the maps played is fine with me.

> > > You solution would lead to lots of people quitting when a certain map comes up, wouldn’t fix anything.
> >
> > But since there is JIP who cares if they quit.
>
> Me, I care.
>
> I don’t want to play a half full game all the way through and I also don’t want to consider quitting myself because I might hate a map. Some maps don’t work for certain gametypes, I shouldn’t have to play them.
>
> There’s nothing “OCD” about that, in fact I’m making an informed choice by voting.

Players are quitting now. I’m quitting Exile, for sure. There is no balance of maps in the rotation. That is a problem.

The game has been out long enough that we shouldn’t have this OCD-rut already. Players are not the best judge of which map to play, clearly. Vote = no choice.

Slightly off-topic:

Halo anniversary only comes with two maps: Hang em High and Battle Creek.

> No, it comes with-

Not according to the voting system it doesn’t.

We need to go back to either Halo 2, where you get a map+gametype and that is it…or 343i just needs to take something else from CoD, and introduce map locking, where if a map is voted for twice in a row it is locked out from being voted for again until another map has been voted for.

> > > You solution would lead to lots of people quitting when a certain map comes up, wouldn’t fix anything.
> >
> > But since there is JIP who cares if they quit.
>
> Me, I care.
>
> I don’t want to play a half full game all the way through and I also don’t want to consider quitting myself because I might hate a map. Some maps don’t work for certain gametypes, I shouldn’t have to play them.
>
> There’s nothing “OCD” about that, in fact I’m making an informed choice by voting.

Right, and those certain maps that YOU don’t like I may enjoy. This is why the voting system sucks. I like variety even if I don’t like certain maps. Exile for example. I hate it with a passion but it wouldn’t be so bad if we actually got other maps instead of Exlie and Ragnarok. I’d like to play more Vortex, Longbow, and Meltdown.