343 taking out features from Halo games

I don’t know why is 343 taking out stuff that people like from the games, firefight in halo 4 and now splitscreen in halo 5; and putting in useless stuff that no one asked for, like kill cams, perks, ADS, spartan ops, weapon skins and spartan chatter.

And they even kept out firefight from the MCC when fans asked them to put it in with ODST.

I bet they’ll take out ‘‘forge’’ in halo 6 and add killstreaks along with custom crosshairs designs for the BR and DMR, and maybe if we’re lucky Snoop Dogg’s voice for your spartan!!!

Seriously, why are they doing this, i never heard anyone complain about firefight or splitscreen; and i bet they’ll say ‘‘well, we want the game to be 1080p and 60fps all the time to give you the best experience’’.

You know what’s fun and a great experience? playing with your brother, girlfriend or mates with splitscreen
You know what’s not fun and a bad experience? playing alone on your sofa with a headset while your brother sits next to you talking about how fun it was when we used to play the Halo campaigns togheter.

Taking out Gameplay features cause you need to have better graphics and 60fps is stupid, gameplay is what makes a game fun NOT the graphics.
Graphics should be sacrificed in order to accomodate gameplay not the other way around, or else you’ll end up like Ready at Dawn and their beautiful and boring short game the order 1886.

But hey, at least it’s 1080p and 60fps at all time, that’s fun right?

get out

> 2535459483445834;2:
> get out

This

Guess what’s not in Halo 5 that you listed?

• Perks

• Spartan Ops (as far as we know)

• Weapon skins
    Guess what’s optional in Halo 5 that you listed?

• Kill cam

• Spartan Chatter
    Guess what we don’t need in every Halo game?

• Firefight
    Guess what still exist in the game despite you saying it doesn’t?

• Two player co-op splitscreen in multiplayer

Holmes tweeted that there will be 2 player split screen. I don’t know anyone who would want to play on a tiny one fourth of a screen anyway and don’t know very many people who play split screen.

> 2535459483445834;2:
> get out

You heard the man

Can’t say I care for firefight or spilt screen.

343 added loadouts, perks, and ordinance in Halo 4.

Now they’ve removed them in Halo 5.

Are you looking at this timeline properly?

In all honesty? Split screen really hasn’t been a huge thing in halo since like, 2005

> 2533274883849234;3:
> > 2535459483445834;2:
> > get out
>
>
> This
>
> Guess what’s not in Halo 5 that you listed?
>
>
>
> - Perks
> - Spartan Ops (as far as we know)
> - Weapon skins
> Guess what’s optional in Halo 5 that you listed?
>
> - Kill cam
> - Spartan Chatter
> Guess what we don’t need in every Halo game?
>
> - Firefight
> Guess what still exist in the game despite you saying it doesn’t?
>
> - Two player co-op splitscreen in multiplayer

Allright, they removed perks, skins, and kill cams and spartan chatter, i was talking about the way they where putting in stupid things in halo 4 that no one asked for and remove firefight. Still i dont see why they removed campaing split screen (It was written in Game Informer) and 4 player split screen for local multiplayer, people still like that, just like they liked firefight.

You want to know why they took it out? Because the game would lag like hell! They would rather put everything they had into the graphics and framerate than have to worry about splitscreen working for the few people that actually use it.

> 2533274857398125;8:
> In all honesty? Split screen really hasn’t been a huge thing in halo since like, 2005

It still is for a lot of people, i use the 4 player split screen a lot and it’s one of the reasons why i bought an xbox one, so i could have a 4 player game if i had my friends around.

> 2535429617071748;9:
> > 2533274883849234;3:
> > > 2535459483445834;2:
> > > get out
> >
> >
> > This
> >
> > Guess what’s not in Halo 5 that you listed?
> >
> >
> >
> > - Perks
> > - Spartan Ops (as far as we know)
> > - Weapon skins
> > Guess what’s optional in Halo 5 that you listed?
> >
> > - Kill cam
> > - Spartan Chatter
> > Guess what we don’t need in every Halo game?
> >
> > - Firefight
> > Guess what still exist in the game despite you saying it doesn’t?
> >
> > - Two player co-op splitscreen in multiplayer
>
>
> Allright, they removed perks, skins, and kill cams and spartan chatter, i was talking about the way they where putting in stupid things in halo 4 that no one asked for and remove firefight. Still i dont see why they removed campaing split screen (It was written in Game Informer) and 4 player split screen for local multiplayer, people still like that, just like they liked firefight.

They don’t take things out just for the hell of it. It’s because the Xbox One isn’t powerful enough to handle four different instances of Halo 5’s graphics at a single time. Halo 4 was barely playable with four people and now the graphics are going to be even better with Halo 5.

For everything given something of equal value must be lost that is the law of equivalent exchange! Lol totally butchered that quote. Shoutout to my FMA fans.

Jokes aside did you just start gaming or something. This happened in almost any product in life. Not everything is kept and ported. Whether you like that feature or not or like what they added in exchange. All we can do for now is hope that the new stuff is as dope

> 2533274883849234;3:
> > 2535459483445834;2:
> > get out
>
>
>
> Guess what still exist in the game despite you saying it doesn’t?
>
> - Two player co-op splitscreen in multiplayer

Source?

> 2533274847074241;12:
> > 2535429617071748;9:
> > > 2533274883849234;3:
> > > > 2535459483445834;2:
> > > > get out
> > >
> > >
> > > This
> > >
> > > Guess what’s not in Halo 5 that you listed?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > - Perks
> > > - Spartan Ops (as far as we know)
> > > - Weapon skins
> > > Guess what’s optional in Halo 5 that you listed?
> > >
> > > - Kill cam
> > > - Spartan Chatter
> > > Guess what we don’t need in every Halo game?
> > >
> > > - Firefight
> > > Guess what still exist in the game despite you saying it doesn’t?
> > >
> > > - Two player co-op splitscreen in multiplayer
> >
> >
> > Allright, they removed perks, skins, and kill cams and spartan chatter, i was talking about the way they where putting in stupid things in halo 4 that no one asked for and remove firefight. Still i dont see why they removed campaing split screen (It was written in Game Informer) and 4 player split screen for local multiplayer, people still like that, just like they liked firefight.
>
>
> They don’t take things out just for the hell of it. It’s because the Xbox One isn’t powerful enough to handle four different instances of Halo 5’s graphics at a single time. Halo 4 was barely playable with four people and now the graphics are going to be even better with Halo 5.

Like i said, i my opinion you should sacrifice graphics to accomodate gameplay, splitscreen is one of the things that make halo great, it’s what made halo ce great, taking it out (talking about 4pss and campaign ss) cause of graphics isn’t gonna go unnoticed. I bought the xbox one and mcc cause i like to play with my brother and our friends, and i was really looking forward to halo 5 cause the beta was fun. A lot of people still used that feature, especially students who shared homes or in college dorms, this thing is gonna piss people off.

> 2535429617071748;15:
> > 2533274847074241;12:
> > > 2535429617071748;9:
> > > > 2533274883849234;3:
> > > > > 2535459483445834;2:
> > > > > get out
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > This
> > > >
> > > > Guess what’s not in Halo 5 that you listed?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > - Perks
> > > > - Spartan Ops (as far as we know)
> > > > - Weapon skins
> > > > Guess what’s optional in Halo 5 that you listed?
> > > >
> > > > - Kill cam
> > > > - Spartan Chatter
> > > > Guess what we don’t need in every Halo game?
> > > >
> > > > - Firefight
> > > > Guess what still exist in the game despite you saying it doesn’t?
> > > >
> > > > - Two player co-op splitscreen in multiplayer
> > >
> > >
> > > Allright, they removed perks, skins, and kill cams and spartan chatter, i was talking about the way they where putting in stupid things in halo 4 that no one asked for and remove firefight. Still i dont see why they removed campaing split screen (It was written in Game Informer) and 4 player split screen for local multiplayer, people still like that, just like they liked firefight.
> >
> >
> > They don’t take things out just for the hell of it. It’s because the Xbox One isn’t powerful enough to handle four different instances of Halo 5’s graphics at a single time. Halo 4 was barely playable with four people and now the graphics are going to be even better with Halo 5.
>
>
> Like i said, i my opinion you should sacrifice graphics to accomodate gameplay, splitscreen is one of the things that make halo great, it’s what made halo ce great, taking it out (talking about 4pss and campaign ss) cause of graphics isn’t gonna go unnoticed. I bought the xbox one and mcc cause i like to play with my brother and our friends, and i was really looking forward to halo 5 cause the beta was fun. A lot of people still used that feature, especially students who shared homes or in college dorms, this thing is gonna piss people off.

So they should sacrifice graphics on the off chance that the occasional few will play splitscreen?

I don’t think so.

> 2535429617071748;1:
> I don’t know why is 343 taking out stuff that people like from the games, firefight in halo 4 and now splitscreen in halo 5; and putting in useless stuff that no one asked for…spartan ops,

Umm personally I thought Spartan Ops was an exceptional add-on bc it was like another game and it added more stories to the Halo Lore, firefight was fun but whenever you can add more to Halo Universe in storytelling I would rather have that then enemies rushing me

> 2535429617071748;1:
> Seriously, why are they doing this, i never heard anyone complain about firefight or splitscreen; and i bet they’ll say ‘‘well, we want the game to be 1080p and 60fps all the time to give you the best experience’’.

Uh… What, where have you been? People complain about that all the time, and I give the same answer every time. I’ll give it once more for you. Its about resources. Resources besides Framerate and Resolution. Resources like Manpower, Time, and Money, to develop additional gameplay features, that in this day and age, only the MINORITY cares about. Is it a bummer for people that are missing out? Of course it is, and I feel for you guys, but maybe 1 in 10 players (if not fewer) will be adversely affected by the lack of splitscreen. Even if focusing on great graphics was the reason they could not focus on splitscreen, they have a business to run and a game to sell. From a Non-Halo Fan perspective, more people will buy the game because of the shiny graphics, then because its got splitscreen on it.

I don’t understand how people seem to forget that having 4 player local splitscreen puts a huge toll on the xbox one’s hardware. Especially given the amount of graphical upgrades and physics as well as large scale combat that Halo 5 will be having. People are so quick to judge 343i claiming they are taking a step backwards and not treating Halo fans right and this and that. It honestly gets really tiring seeing these uninformed crybabies talk smack to these developers and programmers without knowing the logistics behind the decisions they have to make in order to release a well polished game.

Honestly would you all be happier to have them put in 4 player local splitscreen only to have it perform on sub par levels? Framerate drops, crashes, laggy control movement, etc.? I know I wouldn’t.

I don’t know what the big deal is. Most people usually have one other friend to play splitscreen with anyway so still having the 2 player limit for local play is awesome. You are all also able to still play 4 player coop on LIVE without a Gold membership. That’s huge. That’s a win in my book. Plus it will be running on dedicated servers so it should make the experience much better.

The only thing I agree with him on is that Halo Should always have fire fight.
Cod zombies is the main reason cod sells and I think fire fight could be our version as it’s virtually the same thing