343 take your time.

Don’t make the same mistake as Bungie did with Reach as far as content goes. Things like the mountable Guetta, boat mission, drivable scarab and what ever else was cut from the game due to time constraints and will now never see the light of day, please take your time to insure those special moments are not taken from us in the end.
If Microsoft forces you to cut content please, please, please send me the person responsible information.
<3 Enigma

> Don’t make the same mistake as Bungie did with Reach as far as content goes. Things like the mountable Guetta, boat mission, drivable scarab and what ever else was cut from the game due to time constraints and will now never see the light of day, please take your time to insure those special moments are not taken from us in the end.
> If Microsoft forces you to cut content please, please, please send me the person responsible information.
> <3 Enigma

I agree 110%. I wish every game never had a deadline. I am sick of hearing all these awesome things that were supposed to be in game but were cut out due to time constraints ad/or deadlines.

You guys are so right! It’s kind of ironic too because it seems that Microsoft only cares about making money, but by rushing a product no one will want to buy it, or the next one.

> You guys are so right! It’s kind of ironic too because it seems that Microsoft only cares about making money, but by rushing a product no one will want to buy it, or the next one.

-crashes the window-

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT!!!

Okay, now this is a good idea. BUT…

Lets remember what happened to the companies of DukeNukiem were they kept delaying games because they wanted to add more stuff and in the end one of their games took 10 YEARS to come out and was okay. So I belive deadlines are a good thing but make it not to soon.

> > Don’t make the same mistake as Bungie did with Reach as far as content goes. Things like the mountable Guetta, boat mission, drivable scarab and what ever else was cut from the game due to time constraints and will now never see the light of day, please take your time to insure those special moments are not taken from us in the end.
> > If Microsoft forces you to cut content please, please, please send me the person responsible information.
> > <3 Enigma
>
> I agree 110%. I wish every game never had a deadline. I am sick of hearing all these awesome things that were supposed to be in game but were cut out due to time constraints ad/or deadlines.

IMO it was overkill (pun intended) making the news of Halo 4 and CE public at the same time, they could have kept 4 under wraps until much later in the year at which time they could have push out the release date. That is only if they needed the time, they could have been working on this for a while…

> > You guys are so right! It’s kind of ironic too because it seems that Microsoft only cares about making money, but by rushing a product no one will want to buy it, or the next one.
>
> -crashes the window-
>
> WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT!!!
>
> Okay, now this is a good idea. BUT…
>
> Lets remember what happened to the companies of DukeNukiem were they kept delaying games because they wanted to add more stuff and in the end one of their games took 10 YEARS to come out and was okay. So I belive deadlines are a good thing but make it not to soon.

True but I didn’t mean by ten years.

> > > Don’t make the same mistake as Bungie did with Reach as far as content goes. Things like the mountable Guetta, boat mission, drivable scarab and what ever else was cut from the game due to time constraints and will now never see the light of day, please take your time to insure those special moments are not taken from us in the end.
> > > If Microsoft forces you to cut content please, please, please send me the person responsible information.
> > > <3 Enigma
> >
> > I agree 110%. I wish every game never had a deadline. I am sick of hearing all these awesome things that were supposed to be in game but were cut out due to time constraints ad/or deadlines.
>
> IMO it was overkill (pun intended) making the news of Halo 4 and CE public at the same time, they could have kept 4 under wraps until much later in the year at which time they could have push out the release date. That is only if they needed the time, they could have been working on this for a while…

Dude videogame companies have time… Do you actually belive that when they announced halo CE and 4 you don’t belive they didn’t finish it, oh they did… But now their just adding new things… So they do have time.

I’m kinda 50/50 with this. On one hand the lack of a deadline means you can add ever little thing you ever wanted with it, but that means that we may never see it for 5, 10 or an infinite amount of years. On the other hand, a dead set deadline make sure the game will get out when it’s suppose to, but at the price of content and quality.

Some developers fall prey to the “Oh this would be cool to add” style during mid and late production, and the game either never comes out or it just becomes one big mess because it wasn’t properly planned out (i.e. Duke Nukem Forever). There should be a priority on story, gameplay, and the game engine, and any “cool extras” should be secondary to that. It’s always a shame when a game doesn’t live up to what it should have been because of poor planning and strict deadlines.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t something like that happen to Halo 2? I remember a rumor that during mid development that the game was being developed on the wrong engine and essentially had to be started over, given a stricter deadline, and pretty much had half the development time. I mean, we all remember what was show at E3 for Halo 2, right? And what it is now.

I mean the BR was single shot, not 3 burst. And there was a massive city you were entering in the middle of a war with some large vehicle sections, not the little sun soaked city with extremely linear progression. So ya, I guess I’d lean more on the side of getting enough time to properly develop the game so it at least has the chance to be what it was meant to be.

There has to be deadlines, or else we’ll be waiting even longer than 3 years per Halo game.

Yes, a lot of awesome stuff gets cut, but that’s with all games. The concept art just blows my minds with the possibilities…

The struggle is making those possibilities into a reality. In a decent time frame.

As long as they’re able to give us the stuff they truly believe are the most important elements of the next Halo game, I’ll be happy.

But, the only thing I’d hate is for them to hold back because they’re afraid. Don’t hold anything back. Bring it at us at 150 MPH straight to our brain stems. Don’t be afraid of changing the game up and introducing your own original ideas to the Halo franchise.

As long as they stick to those principles, the next Halo game literally can’t fail.

> > Don’t make the same mistake as Bungie did with Reach as far as content goes. Things like the mountable Guetta, boat mission, drivable scarab and what ever else was cut from the game due to time constraints and will now never see the light of day, please take your time to insure those special moments are not taken from us in the end.
> > If Microsoft forces you to cut content please, please, please send me the person responsible information.
> > <3 Enigma
>
> I agree 110%. I wish every game never had a deadline. I am sick of hearing all these awesome things that were supposed to be in game but were cut out due to time constraints ad/or deadlines.

dont forget we lost the epic space battle. and we didnt get one map at launch besides forge world that wasnt in the campaign(which also sucked)

however they get 4 years total with this so i wouldnt worry too much

Don’t forget the campaign travesty that was Halo 2. Microsoft demanded the game be released in time for Christmas, and look what happened.

Don’t get me wrong we need deadlines but they need to be a little flexible as far as content goes. We probably missed out on another 3-4 hour worth of game play on Reach and the Multiplayer beta should have ran longer so that more bug would have been tested and fixed.

If you were to add what we lost as DLC you are probably looking at a good amount of money that the cash cow -Yoink!- missed out on.

Really all I am saying is if it came down to “We need 4 more month”, I think they should get it…

Either way I am sure the forums will be running wild about how (insert whatever) is overpowered/ underpowered/ should be in forge/ caused me to get booted/reset/ is a hacker/ owes me money/…

343i have been working on halo 4 since before reach came out, that is a long time. I’m sure they won’t rush anything. But I hope they don’t waste time on stupid stuff and put in pelicans in forge and campaign and things like that.

At E3 2011, instead of saying ‘summer 2012’, it should just have said ‘Coming 2012’ so that they have some extra time if they need it but if they want they can release it earlier or later than summer. That’s the way I would release my game.

> 343i have been working on halo 4 since before reach came out, that is a long time. I’m sure they won’t rush anything. But I hope they don’t waste time on stupid stuff and put in pelicans in forge and campaign and things like that.
>
> At E3 2011, instead of saying ‘summer 2012’, it should just have said ‘Coming 2012’ so that they have some extra time if they need it but if they want they can release it earlier or later than summer. That’s the way I would release my game.

I believe it is coming out around the holidays (winter).

> Don’t get me wrong we need deadlines but they need to be a little flexible as far as content goes. We probably missed out on another 3-4 hour worth of game play on Reach and the Multiplayer beta should have ran longer so that more bug would have been tested and fixed.
>
> If you were to add what we lost as DLC you are probably looking at a good amount of money that the cash cow -Yoink!- missed out on.
>
> Really all I am saying is if it came down to “We need 4 more month”, I think they should get it…
>
> Either way I am sure the forums will be running wild about how (insert whatever) is overpowered/ underpowered/ should be in forge/ caused me to get booted/reset/ is a hacker/ owes me money/…

Oh there will always be complaining, especially on forums! No amount of development time can stop that.

4 more months!? That’s crazy. That’s a substantial amount of time, especially missing out on the Christmas season. Literally millions upon millions of revenue lost.

The most logical conclusion to their comments about new Halo games being developed quicker is that they will be having at least one a year. Like this year we get a remake in Halo: Anniversary, then next year Halo 4.

After that we could get Halo Wars 2, then Halo 5. All of these games would be just in time for the Christmas season.

Halo is basically THE game that can’t be missing its deadlines. Halo 5 potentially could be the system seller Halo 1/2/3 were (Halo 1 for original Xbox, Halo 2 for Xbox Live, Halo 3 for next-gen Halo).

I have all confidence in 343i’s though to work well with the deadlines and deliver us yet another solid Halo game. They haven’t proven themselves yet though, so it’s definitely up for discussion!

> > 343i have been working on halo 4 since before reach came out, that is a long time. I’m sure they won’t rush anything. But I hope they don’t waste time on stupid stuff and put in pelicans in forge and campaign and things like that.
> >
> > At E3 2011, instead of saying ‘summer 2012’, it should just have said ‘Coming 2012’ so that they have some extra time if they need it but if they want they can release it earlier or later than summer. That’s the way I would release my game.
>
> I believe it is coming out around the holidays (winter).

Oh yeah, I always got mixed up with that.

> > > 343i have been working on halo 4 since before reach came out, that is a long time. I’m sure they won’t rush anything. But I hope they don’t waste time on stupid stuff and put in pelicans in forge and campaign and things like that.
> > >
> > > At E3 2011, instead of saying ‘summer 2012’, it should just have said ‘Coming 2012’ so that they have some extra time if they need it but if they want they can release it earlier or later than summer. That’s the way I would release my game.
> >
> > I believe it is coming out around the holidays (winter).
>
> Oh yeah, I always got mixed up with that.

I really dont care what day it’ll be ill get it no matter.

> > Don’t get me wrong we need deadlines but they need to be a little flexible as far as content goes. We probably missed out on another 3-4 hour worth of game play on Reach and the Multiplayer beta should have ran longer so that more bug would have been tested and fixed.
> >
> > If you were to add what we lost as DLC you are probably looking at a good amount of money that the cash cow -Yoink!- missed out on.
> >
> > Really all I am saying is if it came down to “We need 4 more month”, I think they should get it…
> >
> > Either way I am sure the forums will be running wild about how (insert whatever) is overpowered/ underpowered/ should be in forge/ caused me to get booted/reset/ is a hacker/ owes me money/…
>
> Oh there will always be complaining, especially on forums! No amount of development time can stop that.
>
> 4 more months!? That’s crazy. That’s a substantial amount of time, especially missing out on the Christmas season. Literally millions upon millions of revenue lost.
>
> The most logical conclusion to their comments about new Halo games being developed quicker is that they will be having at least one a year. Like this year we get a remake in Halo: Anniversary, then next year Halo 4.
>
> After that we could get Halo Wars 2, then Halo 5. All of these games would be just in time for the Christmas season.
>
> Halo is basically THE game that can’t be missing its deadlines. Halo 5 potentially could be the system seller Halo 1/2/3 were (Halo 1 for original Xbox, Halo 2 for Xbox Live, Halo 3 for next-gen Halo).
>
> I have all confidence in 343i’s though to work well with the deadlines and deliver us yet another solid Halo game. They haven’t proven themselves yet though, so it’s definitely up for discussion!

I seriously doubt halo will become yearly franchise unless they have multiple studios working on differnt game.

and CEA is getting developed fast because it’s just being re-mastered, not being made from the ground up.

plus halo 4 by it’s release will have taken 4 years to develop, their is no way they can make halo 5 in 1 or two years unless graphics stay the same

> br />
> I seriously doubt halo will become yearly franchise unless they have multiple studios working on differnt game.
>
> and CEA is getting developed fast because it’s just being re-mastered, not being made from the ground up.
>
> plus halo 4 by it’s release will have taken 4 years to develop, their is no way they can make halo 5 in 1 or two years unless graphics stay the same

Taking 2 years per game shouldn’t be too difficult… 3 is just too long. Call of Duty does just fine in two years (I know, disregard your own personal opinions of it, it works for the most part) per game. With the development power behind Halo, two years will mean a lot more to them. It won’t just be rehashes and the same exact gameplay.

Halo 5 needs be out either for current generation consoles in 2014, or be released along side the next generation consoles (rumored to be 2014, but if it’s 2015 Halo 5 will definitely be delayed until then).

And yeah I meant multiple developers. Halo Wars was made by Ensemble Stuidos (RIP!), and the Remake is being worked on by other developers (Mostly). A yearly franchise wouldn’t mean just the main Halo trilogy. It would be spin-offs and remakes. Who knows, maybe even expansions on their current games!

Overall, there definitely needs to be more Halo. Maybe not yearly, but there needs to be more Halo out there. The wait is killing me year after year! (Only a one year wait after Halo: Anniversary though, so not as bad as Halo 3 to Reach!)

> Don’t forget the campaign travesty that was Halo 2. Microsoft demanded the game be released in time for Christmas, and look what happened.

Campaign levels have always been cut in Halo, and they have always been cut short because of Microsoft’s strict deadlines, but I’ll have to agree that Halo 2’s Campaign could’ve been so much better by light-years, even when you compare it to the other Halo games. There were so many scenes, so many levels, so many characters and other content that was cut from Halo 2.