343 Success - Halo 5’s Weapons

I want to take the time to compliment 343’s weapon designers on perfecting the weapons in Halo 5. They are all perfectly balanced and refined, by far the best set of weapons in Halo’s history. Not only are the weapon’s mechanics and gameplay perfected, but their artistic design as well. They are all absolutely gorgeous to hold and behold(hehe). I especially love how they implemented the Smart-Link or Smart-Scope into all of the weapon designs. Take the Carbine for example, the way it has those two lights on top that create a holographic scope when you zoom in, it’s an ingenious design that both looks great and works great. And I love how the Promethean weapons separate and take a different form when zooming in, it’s really cool! I also love the reload and melee animations on all of the weapons, very well done! I know a lot of people don’t like the new Rocket Launcher design for some (stupid) reason, but I LOVE it! I love the way the reload animation sounds and looks. The clank-clunk noise when reloading as you watch the rockets fall into the chamber just feels so badass! I could just go on an on about how amazing the weapons in Halo 5 are. I mean, I don’t think I could find any flaws in any of the weapons made for Halo 5’s Arena multiplayer. They are all just absolutely perfect in every way. Amazing work 343! :slight_smile:

That being said, I am starting to feel like 343 is getting pressured by fans to make more classic weapons, or make the H5 weapons more like the classic versions, which I do not like. I love the weapons in Halo 5 and I think they are far better than any of the pervious versions in the Halo series. I don’t want to see them change or get replaced. I don’t want to see the H5 BR shelved and replaced with the H2 BR. I honestly don’t want to see the H2 BR or the HCE Magnum in Arena at all. It’s fine for unranked, less competitive game types and playlists, but I don’t want to see them in any ranked Arena game types or playlists. I also recently heard that 343 may be bringing back the Plasma Rifle. I wasn’t excited by this news because I think the Storm Rifle is far superior in every way, both esthetically and mechanically.

I especially hope that the Plasma Rifles return does not mean a return for dual-wieldable weapons. I hope dual-wieldable weapons die with Halo 3 and never come back. They only hurt Halo’s sandbox, because, while dual wielding, you cannot melee (without dropping the second weapon), you cannot switch weapons, and you cannot grenade. I remember someone at Bungie back in the CE days, say that what makes Halo so much fun is the sandbox of the gun, melee, and grenade. But for some reason, they didn’t realize until Reach, that if you allow dual-wielding, you destroy that sandbox. You go from a gun-melee-grenade sandbox to just two guns, and that’s all. I highly doubt that 343 will add dual wielding to Halo 5 though (thankfully), I’m sure pro-team would discourage that idea if it did come up.

Anyways, to sum up this rant and ramble, I just want to say that 343 perfected Halo 5’s weapons, and I hope they don’t undermine them by making a bunch of classic weapons from the old games. The old weapons are not half as good as the new ones. Sure, I’ll always love the classics for their nostalgia, but being logical, Halo 5’s weapons are far superior in every way. The looks, the sounds, the mechanics, all perfected beyond anything seen in the past Halo games. We don’t need the superior H5 weapons to be replaced by inferior, though nostalgic, classic weapons.

If only they can make the guns see through when you zoom in.

> 2535409103705542;2:
> If only they can make the guns see through when you zoom in.

Do you mean X-ray?

I literally just made a thread discussing about balancing some of the weapons the weapons. I guess we differ in opinions here is the link to it if you wanna check it out

> 2535409103705542;2:
> If only they can make the guns see through when you zoom in.

Yeah, I was using the classic scoped BR in Warzone for a while (not the H2 BR), because it stopped the gun from getting in the way of your view, but I switched to the regular H5 BR because I want to be used to it for Arena. I’ve realized it doesn’t really bother me that part of the gun is in the view. SWAT really got me used to it. I like the zoom animation better with the H5 BR as opposed to the classic scope H5 BR.

> 2533274867266391;4:
> I literally just made a thread discussing about balancing some of the weapons the weapons. I guess we differ in opinions here is the link to it if you wanna check it out

Nice, yeah, I just read it! I don’t think any of the weapons need any tweaks in Halo 5 really, however, I do agree with what you said about the Binary Rifle. In Halo 4, it had the laser that showed everyone where you were because the Binary Rifle was essentially a Nornfang. One shot kill. But with Halo 5, the weapon has changed a lot. It shoots a continuous stream for a second or so, instead of just a quick shot. This makes the weapon much more balanced, and more difficult to use than it use to be, which is good. But I agree, they should have removed the laser that shows everyone where you are. It’s harder to get a kill with the Binary than it is with a Beam or Sniper. You can’t just snipe someone in the head as they are running by, you’ve got to keep your reticle on the enemy for the whole second or so. I agree, they should remove the laser, but otherwise, it’s flawless, and much better than it was in Halo 4.

I agree, I think the weapons are definitely an area where 343i have excelled. I agree with the above about how the binary rifle is annoying regarding showing a laser beam, but I like it and it’s not as bad the Spartan laser because you can shoot instantly.

Don’t hate on dual wielding. It was the awesome. It made Halo’s multiplayer extremely fun. Plus it was your choice to dual wield. Its not like you’re forced to anyway. I think 343 bringing back dual wielding would be fantastic. However in my opinion, they should only make it exclusive to Custom Games and Social Playlists to avoid people getting asshurt in Arena.

> 2535430834886694;8:
> Don’t hate on dual wielding. It was the awesome. It made Halo’s multiplayer extremely fun. Plus it was your choice to dual wield. Its not like you’re forced to anyway. I think 343 bringing back dual wielding would be fantastic. However in my opinion, they should only make it exclusive to Custom Games and Social Playlists to avoid people getting asshurt in Arena.

Dual wieldable weapons is completely pointless. In order to make weapons dual wieldable, 343 would have to dumb down weapons like the SMG, so that when you have two of them, you don’t just destroy people in half a second. So what’s the point? Why not just leave it at one weapon and keep that weapon’s power normal? Then you can still grenade and melee! It hurts Halo’s sandbox for absolutely no reason but to visually see yourself holding two weapons instead of one. It pointlessly damages the Halo sandbox.

I always thought dual weilding should be a high level REQ unlock in Warzone.

> 2601632999026533;10:
> I always thought dual weilding should be a high level REQ unlock in Warzone.

Dual wielding is pointless.

I don’t think they did a good job.
Just look at the TTK and play some arena.
Now it is all about CQB weapons with the lowest TTK a storm rifle can easy do more damage then a sniper rifle.
The weapons might be great in Warzone but for arena it isn’t that good.

> 2601632999026533;10:
> I always thought dual weilding should be a high level REQ unlock in Warzone.

Same

I like the new rocket launcher. The SPNKR is just nore badass.

I have to agree with you. Recently I have been going through my weapon commendations and I have found that every weapon plays an important role, nothing is left out. Good job 343!

> 2533274808132968;14:
> I like the new rocket launcher. The SPNKR is just nore badass.

I agree

> 2533274808132968;14:
> I like the new rocket launcher. The SPNKR is just nore badass.

I agree

Absolutely no duel wielding if the noob combo makes a comeback. And I agree, I like the smg it is, don’t needed it nerfed for dual wielding, because then we are just stuck with another crappy AR basically.

> 2533274921373075;12:
> I don’t think they did a good job.
> Just look at the TTK and play some arena.
> Now it is all about CQB weapons with the lowest TTK a storm rifle can easy do more damage then a sniper rifle.
> The weapons might be great in Warzone but for arena it isn’t that good.

Storm rifle will get nerfed no doubt.

> 2533274831612446;18:
> Absolutely no duel wielding if the noob combo makes a comeback. And I agree, I like the smg it is, don’t needed it nerfed for dual wielding, because then we are just stuck with another crappy AR basically.

Umm I noob combo every match it hasn’t gone anywhere.