343 stay true to your vision of halo 5

You know what you want it to be, your vision is clear. If your vision is to evolve the arena style multiplayer and have added in features that you believe will help aid in your vision don’t change it. I’ve seen countless games die or get unsupported due to the developers losing sight of their vision and started catering to a piece of their fanbase who wouldn’t even give their vision a chance. I have seen and understood what you are trying to do with this game. You want to mix modern day shooter features while staying true to the arena styled multiplayer which in turn creates something new. You aren’t copying one or the other instead you are making something unique.

I hope that you will not remove any of the features that you have added in this game to appeal to a small crowd that can’t accept that time goes forward not backwards.

You have mine and lots of others support. Believe in yourselves stay confident in your decisions and keep and maintain a hold of your vision.

> 2533274874192460;1:
> I hope that you will not remove any of the features that you have added in this game to appeal to a small crowd that can’t accept that time goes forward not backwards.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

> 2533274818439205;2:
> > 2533274874192460;1:
> > I hope that you will not remove any of the features that you have added in this game to appeal to a small crowd that can’t accept that time goes forward not backwards.
>
>
> Winner winner chicken dinner.

hes right though they shouldn’t cater to the halo purists they need to stay to their vision

I second this, there is no need to re-create something that was already done in 2004 and 2007. 343 has put together something that represents what they believe a Halo game should be. And I, along with many others, favor this new take on Halo over the older ones.

Sticking to a vision and having some idea as to where your game is going is very important. If they bend every which way every time a different group of people starts shouting then they aren’t going to get anywhere.

Everyone seems to think that they know what’s best for Halo. Imagine how hard it is for 343 to sort through all of the arguing and debating that goes on here? Surely its no cake-walk. But at the end of the day, they have to decide what’s best. Halo 4 didn’t work out, so they went back to the drawing board. But it looks like they’ve learned a great deal from that experience.

> 2533274912254619;5:
> Sticking to a vision and having some idea as to where your game is going is very important. If the bend every which way every time a different group of people starts shouting then they aren’t going to get anywhere.
>
> Everyone seems to think that they know what’s best for Halo. Imagine how hard it is for 343 to sort through all of the arguing and debating that goes on here? Surely its no cake-walk. But at the end of the day, they have to decide what’s best. Halo 4 didn’t work out, so they went back to the drawing board. But it looks like they’ve learned a great deal from that experience.

Agreed.

> 2533274912254619;5:
> Sticking to a vision and having some idea as to where your game is going is very important. If the bend every which way every time a different group of people starts shouting then they aren’t going to get anywhere.
>
> Everyone seems to think that they know what’s best for Halo. Imagine how hard it is for 343 to sort through all of the arguing and debating that goes on here? Surely its no cake-walk. But at the end of the day, they have to decide what’s best. Halo 4 didn’t work out, so they went back to the drawing board. But it looks like they’ve learned a great deal from that experience.

Agreed

> 2533274874192460;1:
> You know what you want it to be, your vision is clear. If your vision is to evolve the arena style multiplayer and have added in features that you believe will help aid in your vision don’t change it. I’ve seen countless games die or get unsupported due to the developers losing sight of their vision and started catering to a piece of their fanbase who wouldn’t even give their vision a chance. I have seen and understood what you are trying to do with this game. You want to mix modern day shooter features while staying true to the arena styled multiplayer which in turn creates something new. You aren’t copying one or the other instead you are making something unique.
>
> I hope that you will not remove any of the features that you have added in this game to appeal to a small crowd that can’t accept that time goes forward not backwards.
>
> You have mine and lots of others support. Believe in yourselves stay confident in your decisions and keep and maintain a hold of your vision.

I agree too many people want to remove everything and put Halo back to Halo 2 for some odd reason. Now that they have all working games on Halo 1-4 on Xbox One, that’s still not good enough. They want all future titles to have BR only, no sprint, no abilities, just BRs all over the place.

> 2533274795233660;8:
> > 2533274874192460;1:
> > You know what you want it to be, your vision is clear. If your vision is to evolve the arena style multiplayer and have added in features that you believe will help aid in your vision don’t change it. I’ve seen countless games die or get unsupported due to the developers losing sight of their vision and started catering to a piece of their fanbase who wouldn’t even give their vision a chance. I have seen and understood what you are trying to do with this game. You want to mix modern day shooter features while staying true to the arena styled multiplayer which in turn creates something new. You aren’t copying one or the other instead you are making something unique.
> >
> > I hope that you will not remove any of the features that you have added in this game to appeal to a small crowd that can’t accept that time goes forward not backwards.
> >
> > You have mine and lots of others support. Believe in yourselves stay confident in your decisions and keep and maintain a hold of your vision.
>
>
> I agree too many people want to remove everything and put Halo back to Halo 2 for some odd reason. Now that they have all working games on Halo 1-4 on Xbox One, that’s still not good enough. They want all future titles to have BR only, no sprint, no abilities, just BRs all over the place.

Agreed, I mean that is what the mcc is for so you can re experience the old halo games.

> 2533274978553590;4:
> I second this, there is no need to re-create something that was already done in 2004 and 2007. 343 has put together something that represents what they believe a Halo game should be. And I, along with many others, favor this new take on Halo over the older ones.

Actually, Halo 4 was the game they believed Halo should become. But it didn’t work (I don’t mean this in a mean, provocative way)

I think Halo 5 is like a cross between 343i’s vision and the classic communities vision. Halo returned to the arena gameplay, which is great. But they improved the gameplay by adding spartan abilities, and not only improved, but also refreshed it.

Which is what most people asked for: Fundamentals with some new features - not a complete overhaul of the game (which Halo 4 partially was).

People who think games are built for gamers, seem to forget quite alot that the developers are gamers too. They’d like to play the game they’ve been making, that they’ve been striving to improve. They shouldn’t have to backtrack because it’s "NOT HALO ANYMORE" they should keep going, and let people know that it is in fact Halo, just bigger, and better.

Exactly my thoughts.

> 2533274874192460;1:
> You know what you want it to be, your vision is clear. If your vision is to evolve the arena style multiplayer and have added in features that you believe will help aid in your vision don’t change it. I’ve seen countless games die or get unsupported due to the developers losing sight of their vision and started catering to a piece of their fanbase who wouldn’t even give their vision a chance. I have seen and understood what you are trying to do with this game. You want to mix modern day shooter features while staying true to the arena styled multiplayer which in turn creates something new. You aren’t copying one or the other instead you are making something unique.
>
> I hope that you will not remove any of the features that you have added in this game to appeal to a small crowd that can’t accept that time goes forward not backwards.
>
> You have mine and lots of others support. Believe in yourselves stay confident in your decisions and keep and maintain a hold of your vision.

It’s not like they could change it vastly when we’re only a few months away from release. They also have no reason to change it for anyone in particular.

> 2533274873783305;11:
> People who think games are built for gamers, seem to forget quite alot that the developers are gamers too. They’d like to play the game they’ve been making, that they’ve been striving to improve. They shouldn’t have to backtrack because it’s "NOT HALO ANYMORE" they should keep going, and let people know that it is in fact Halo, just bigger, and better.

" I think the surest way they (343) could fail would be to look backwards. You can’t walk forward while you’re looking backward. They need to make a bet, and hopefully its a big bet."

  • Jaime Griesemer, former employee of Bungie who had worked on all of the their Halo games. Here’s the interview it came from.Its time to move forward. And I am so ready to do so.

> 2533274912254619;14:
> > 2533274873783305;11:
> > People who think games are built for gamers, seem to forget quite alot that the developers are gamers too. They’d like to play the game they’ve been making, that they’ve been striving to improve. They shouldn’t have to backtrack because it’s "NOT HALO ANYMORE" they should keep going, and let people know that it is in fact Halo, just bigger, and better.
>
>
> " I think the surest way they (343) could fail would be to look backwards. You can’t walk forward while you’re looking backward. They need to make a bet, and hopefully its a big bet."
>
> - Jaime Griesemer, former employee of Bungie who had worked on all of the their Halo games. Here’s the interview it came from.Its time to move forward. And I am so ready to do so.

Great find I remember watching a portion of that video but never got around to finishing it.

> 2533274874192460;15:
> > 2533274912254619;14:
> > > 2533274873783305;11:
> > > People who think games are built for gamers, seem to forget quite alot that the developers are gamers too. They’d like to play the game they’ve been making, that they’ve been striving to improve. They shouldn’t have to backtrack because it’s "NOT HALO ANYMORE" they should keep going, and let people know that it is in fact Halo, just bigger, and better.
> >
> >
> > " I think the surest way they (343) could fail would be to look backwards. You can’t walk forward while you’re looking backward. They need to make a bet, and hopefully its a big bet."
> >
> > - Jaime Griesemer, former employee of Bungie who had worked on all of the their Halo games. Here’s the interview it came from.Its time to move forward. And I am so ready to do so.
>
>
> Great find I remember watching a portion of that video but never got around to finishing it.

Its a pretty great interview. They even talk about splitscreen and how it did and can have negative effects on a game’s design.

Dumb thread is dumb.

“We don’t have to remake 2004 and 2007”

No one’s asking for a remake. We’re asking for a games similar to Halo 1 2 and 3, which 343 will not deliver because they think features like sprint and clamber will make them marketable. We’re not moving forward, we’re moving way backward.

> 2533274874192460;1:
> You know what you want it to be, your vision is clear. If your vision is to evolve the arena style multiplayer and have added in features that you believe will help aid in your vision don’t change it. I’ve seen countless games die or get unsupported due to the developers losing sight of their vision and started catering to a piece of their fanbase who wouldn’t even give their vision a chance. I have seen and understood what you are trying to do with this game. You want to mix modern day shooter features while staying true to the arena styled multiplayer which in turn creates something new. You aren’t copying one or the other instead you are making something unique.
>
> I hope that you will not remove any of the features that you have added in this game to appeal to a small crowd that can’t accept that time goes forward not backwards.
>
> You have mine and lots of others support. Believe in yourselves stay confident in your decisions and keep and maintain a hold of your vision.

Well said.

> 2533274859193782;17:
> Dumb thread is dumb.
>
> “We don’t have to remake 2004 and 2007”
>
> No one’s asking for a remake. We’re asking for a games similar to Halo 1 2 and 3, which 343 will not deliver because they think features like sprint and clamber will make them marketable. We’re not moving forward, we’re moving way backward.

We aren’t moving backwards cause as I said they are doing something different. They aren’t exactly making cod, and they aren’t exactly making halo 1 and 2. They’re mixing the two for a more unique experience. They would be going backwards if they were just making cod ( halo 4) and if they were just making a repeat of halo 1,2 and 3. We are moving forward not backwards

People need to stop hiding behind this notion of games “progressing” when they add features that do not work well with the gameplay.

People said the exact same nonsense during Reach when Bungie added sprint, bloom and armor lock.