343 Some proof

200+ employee with the majority of them have at least 5 years in the industry most have above 10 years. Many of these employees have worked for AAA gaming studios, that created some of the top AAA games leading in Gameplay, Graphics, Mechanics, Coding, Netcode, many other aspects. And 12 of them are Ex Bungie employees that were some of the best people bungie had in each of the fields. Plus all 200+ employees are 100% fans of the franchise and are there to make the best halo they possibly can.

From the ViDoc we can see several things

• Base speed is increase (Halo 2)
  • Increased strafe speed (Halo 2)
  • jump height increase (Halo 2-3)
  • kill time decrease (Halo CE-2)
    -Sprint which is added upon the increased Base speed
    -Shield system (Halo 2-3)

Thing we have learned from 343
-Br-hitscan no bloom
-No bloom on any existing weapons
-There working with the competitive community, and MLG 3
-Building maps with competitive play In mind
-Building maps from scratch
-taking time building map and rebuild
-focusing on balanced play
-still focusing on core halo while adding their own personality
-Focusing on immersion of players

I will update with any more people and give me

Just putting this out there

There is a lot of good 343 is doing and it about time people realize this.

What else have you seen or heard 343 that encourages that halo 4 will be amazing

No negative thing We already heard these in every other thread out there but want to hear from you

where’d you get the 12 ex bungie members from? bs angel told us you could count the number of former bungie employees working at 343 on one hand.

> where’d you get the 12 ex bungie members from? bs angel told us you could count the number of former bungie employees working at 343 on one hand.

that one hand had twelve fingers :stuck_out_tongue:

kill time increase means it would be longer like reach

also heres the bad things

-perks

-loadouts

-armor abilities

-sprint

That it’s based off of the Forerunner Sega, and that Greg Bears has allot to with the campaign.
Me gusta

> where’d you get the 12 ex bungie members from? bs angel told us you could count the number of former bungie employees working at 343 on one hand.

looked it up online some where which has escaped my mind plus i think frank also said in on Gaf
So that the number ive been going with i was originally saying 5 but after read there was in fact 12 that when i started using that number

> > where’d you get the 12 ex bungie members from? bs angel told us you could count the number of former bungie employees working at 343 on one hand.
>
> looked it up online some where which has escaped my mind plus i think frank also said in on Gaf
> So that the number ive been going with i was originally saying 5 but after read there was in fact 12 that when i started using that number

well now I just don’t know what to believe

> kill time increase means it would be longer like reach
>
> also heres the bad things
>
> -perks
>
> -loadouts
>
> -armor abilities
>
> -sprint

While yes the concepts of these things frighten many people, the direction 343 seems to be heading means that there going to take several things into account and i personally believe that this thing will be implemented correctly but as there is no 100% fact besides that there in the game some shape or form.

That being said
-perks arent perk like the community believe and while this in its self can cause a little hesitation theres not enough info the judge then yet.

-Load outs, there is also not enough info te judge correctly how this will be implemented in halo 4

-armor abilities are yet to be confirmed only sprint which may not even be a AA but a standard ability. everything else has yet to be confirmed or explained

> That it’s based off of the Forerunner Sega, and that Greg Bears has allot to with the campaign.
> Me gusta

this is true and i personally cant wait to see how the campaign plays out if going to rock and i love the direction of feeling like a super soldier this is awesome in my mind.

> > > where’d you get the 12 ex bungie members from? bs angel told us you could count the number of former bungie employees working at 343 on one hand.
> >
> > looked it up online some where which has escaped my mind plus i think frank also said in on Gaf
> > So that the number ive been going with i was originally saying 5 but after read there was in fact 12 that when i started using that number
>
> well now I just don’t know what to believe

I would believe what frank oconner said on Gaf personally.
as for the other website I just remember searching 343 employees in google

> And 12 of them are Ex Bungie employees that were some of the best people bungie had in each of the fields.

I keep hearing people say that even though 343 has few ex-Bungie people, the people they do have were relatively important people on previous Halo titles. It would be nice to have some examples. Could you be specific in terms of what they did on previous games that was important in making those games what they were?

(Actually, I also keep hearing people say that 343 is mostly ex-Bungie people, but that’s a different story :P)

Why do you take everything for granted? Bungie said the exact same thing with Reach, and look at how that turned out

> From the ViDoc we can see several things
> - Base speed is increase (Halo 2-3)
> - Increased strafe speed (Halo 2-3)
> - jump height increase (Halo 2-3)
> - kill time increase (Halo CE-2)
> -Sprint which is added upon the increased Base speed
> -Shield system (Halo 2-3)

First of all, the kill times were decreased, not increased. In Halo 4 it should take less time to kill than in Halo 3 and Reach, just like it did in Halo CE and 2 which you put correct. Secondly, I would say the strafe speed and base movement speed would be more along the lines of Halo 2, not Halo 3. The movement in Halo 3 was slow, strafe especially. Otherwise all the information is correct.

> Why do you take everything for granted? Bungie said the exact same thing with Reach, and look at how that turned out

What are you talking about? Bungie completely ditched a core competitive gameplay experience, and they only boasted on about the playlist, Arena, which was supposedly competitive. Not to mention they thought bloom was a good idea for competitive play.

343, on the other hand, goes MILES out of their way to talk about how they’re designing the Multiplayer around competitive play, and that no existing weapon in Halo 4 has bloom. Why would they take the time to appropriately mention that the game is designed to be competitve, or that no weapon has bloom if they didn’t acknowledge the outcry with Reach?

And as a side note, I’m seeing a lot of people saying that there’s no way to please both the casual and competitive communities. Um, what? Competitive players can’t play casual (random, inherently dynamic gameplay), because casual players can enjoy virtually any kind of gameplay style. Casual players CAN enjoy Competitive gameplay for the exact same reason.

Me? All I want is a game that doesn’t constantly cheat me out of kills, like with bloom, certain AAs, etc.

Good thread.

> > And 12 of them are Ex Bungie employees that were some of the best people bungie had in each of the fields.
>
> I keep hearing people say that even though 343 has few ex-Bungie people, the people they do have were relatively important people on previous Halo titles. It would be nice to have some examples. Could you be specific in terms of what they did on previous games that was important in making those games what they were?
>
> (Actually, I also keep hearing people say that 343 is mostly ex-Bungie people, but that’s a different story :P)

Wish granted.

The only former Bungie employees still at 343 (there were five, not twelve) are Vic DeLeon, Frankie, and Shishka.

Vic’s an environmental artist. Since most companies have a few of those, it seems strange to single him out as one “of the best.”

Frankie wrote weekly updates and made awesome drawings in MS Paint. He didn’t really work on the games and was pretty much the only one in his field.

Shishka was the playlist manager for Halo 3. Most of the things he did were met scathing, childish backlash.

> -No bloom on any existing weapons

Not true.

> You will not see bloom as it currently exists in Vanilla Reach on any weapon, but there will be different methods for reticle targeting that vary depending on the weapon, and players will have a wide arsenal of weapons to choose from.

> -There working with the competitive community, and MLG 3
> -Building maps with competitive play In mind
> -Building maps from scratch
> -taking time building map and rebuild
> -focusing on balanced play
> -still focusing on core halo while adding their own personality

Just the usual PR crap. Every Halo (excluding Halo 1) devs have said they had the competitive community in mind. Plus, all maps are built from scratch, tested, and reiterated on. It’s just the way map design works. Again, every multiplayer game focuses on balanced play too. It’s like a car manufacturer stating, “we’re focusing on making a car that drives”. Well, dur! Whether they achieve it is another matter.

> > where’d you get the 12 ex bungie members from? bs angel told us you could count the number of former bungie employees working at 343 on one hand.
>
> that one hand had twelve fingers :stuck_out_tongue:

Well played xD

mlg -.-

Default movement speed is looking good so far, if it’s fast, then sprint is unnecessary. Get out of jail free card, when you’re sprinting you’re not shooting, when someone runs away, you sprint after them, when you’re both sprinting, neither of you are shooting = delayed outcome. I don’t agree with it, but if it has to be in the base speed has to be comparable to sprint and not slow as hell like in vanilla Reach.

Strafe speed is looking good, but won’t know until I feel it out.

Kill times are too early to decide, the BR probably has around the same kill time as in H3.

Just because they say they are trying to make competitive maps, doesn’t mean maps will be competitive, appreciation is deserved if focus is put on this, but you should maintain neutrality.

Focusing on balanced play is fluff, everyone has an idea of what “balanced” play is. Bungie said AA’s were balanced, 'nuff said, as if we weren’t all beating a dead horse on that topic anyways. -Yoink- ain’t balanced until we all see the entire- or at least most of the sandbox.

They are not focusing on “core” Halo if sprint is in the game, this is not a debate on whether any of you like it or not, or think it’s balanced, but whether you believe personally if it should be in the game or not is irrelevant, it is not “core” Halo and can never be until Halo 5 has it which will mark 3/6 titles that have had it. Then it can maybe define Halo. But it’s fair enough to say that most of core Halo should be covered, but I personally won’t make that distinction until I see with my very own eyes how the grenades bounce. And they BETTER bounce like rubber balls. I’m tired of these -Yoink- grenades imbued with the soul of an obese child that just lay motionless on the floor after you chuck them. Read: Reflection.

I have high hopes for this game, but not entirely too much faith. Better to just stay neutral and see how it turns out, I’m saying that now. But I’ll probably be super excited closer to launch anyways once the cats outta the bag :stuck_out_tongue: