343 silent about matchmaking...

can y’all just admit that you made a bad decision, and also announce that it won’t be added so I can uninstall the game. Without ranks multiplayer is worthless since there is zero challenge

> 2646534959601907;1:
> can y’all just admit that you made a bad decision, and also announce that it won’t be added so I can uninstall the game. Without ranks multiplayer is worthless since there is zero challenge

Exactly, yet there are members of this forum holding 343 on a god like pedistal.

Fingers crossed there will be some response in the New Year after the holidays.

The majority of the team have gone for the holidays which is why there hasn’t been any formal response. I’m sure they will catch up with everything once they return in the new year

> 2533274813317074;4:
> The majority of the team have gone for the holidays which is why there hasn’t been any formal response. I’m sure they will catch up with everything once they return in the new year

Thank you.

i don’t mind cuz it gives me time to improve!

it was announced that it has only a server browser…
there are many threads were i have descripted why it is as it is… and there are articles about it.

btw: you should play because it makes fun… and better this than no multiplayer.

> 2533274793719143;7:
> it was announced that it has only a server browser…
> there are many threads were i have descripted why it is as it is… and there are articles about it.
>
> btw: you should play because it makes fun… and better this than no multiplayer.

You may show some of them?

Its not fun though I have fun sometimes but without matchmaking the teams are rarely ever fair.

The system needs serious work or reverting back to legacy.

There is no way that 343i would release HW:DE just before HW2 and give it matchmaking. That’s just splitting the community before it can start. You may not like the move now but when you get on HW2 matchmaking in a few months once the initial buzz has died down you’ll be thanking 343i for not splitting the fanbase between two games. For now you could just host a forum where people can put there names in for customs.

Also I just booted it up and it says there’s an option to look for multiplayer matches is that just not working and it hasn’t been removed or is it different than matchmaking?

Now, I haven’t preordered Halo Wars because I’m waiting for it to come out and see how the game actually is. But, you’re telling me that they didn’t put multiplayer in this game??? Are you kidding? What is with these horrific choices on releasing games that could be made so much better? I miss the classic Halo days when games came complete and held a population because they were fun. So sad and disappointing.

> 2535451126945421;10:
> There is no way that 343i would release HW:DE just before HW2 and give it matchmaking. That’s just splitting the community before it can start. You may not like the move now but when you get on HW2 matchmaking in a few months once the initial buzz has died down you’ll be thanking 343i for not splitting the fanbase between two games. For now you could just host a forum where people can put there names in for customs.
>
> Also I just booted it up and it says there’s an option to look for multiplayer matches is that just not working and it hasn’t been removed or is it different than matchmaking?

Why would I thank them for removing features of a game they promised to be true to the original by calling it the Definitive Edition?

Splitting the playerbase worked for call of duty with two games at once it can work here.

If you want the game to not have a fan base why on earth put the time to make a remastered version? Why not just give the backwards compatible version for free for pre orders?

The truth is they want it to do well but made a big error which hopefully they will fix.

> 2535442321098012;12:
> > 2535451126945421;10:
> > There is no way that 343i would release HW:DE just before HW2 and give it matchmaking. That’s just splitting the community before it can start. You may not like the move now but when you get on HW2 matchmaking in a few months once the initial buzz has died down you’ll be thanking 343i for not splitting the fanbase between two games. For now you could just host a forum where people can put there names in for customs.
> >
> > Also I just booted it up and it says there’s an option to look for multiplayer matches is that just not working and it hasn’t been removed or is it different than matchmaking?
>
> Why would I thank them for removing features of a game they promised to be true to the original by calling it the Definitive Edition?
>
> Splitting the playerbase worked for call of duty with two games at once it can work here.
>
> If you want the game to not have a fan base why on earth put the time to make a remastered version? Why not just give the backwards compatible version for free for pre orders?
>
> The truth is they want it to do well but made a big error which hopefully they will fix.

Except Halo Wars is not CoD, we do not have hundreds of thousands of people playing the game, the Halo Wars franchise is very small in population so splitting it would do more harm then good, when you have a large population it can work, not when you have a really small one.

> 2535429756019039;13:
> > 2535442321098012;12:
> > > 2535451126945421;10:
> > > There is no way that 343i would release HW:DE just before HW2 and give it matchmaking. That’s just splitting the community before it can start. You may not like the move now but when you get on HW2 matchmaking in a few months once the initial buzz has died down you’ll be thanking 343i for not splitting the fanbase between two games. For now you could just host a forum where people can put there names in for customs.
> > >
> > > Also I just booted it up and it says there’s an option to look for multiplayer matches is that just not working and it hasn’t been removed or is it different than matchmaking?
> >
> > Why would I thank them for removing features of a game they promised to be true to the original by calling it the Definitive Edition?
> >
> > **Splitting the playerbase worked for call of duty with two games at once it can work here.**If you want the game to not have a fan base why on earth put the time to make a remastered version? Why not just give the backwards compatible version for free for pre orders?
> >
> > The truth is they want it to do well but made a big error which hopefully they will fix.
>
> Except Halo Wars is not CoD, we do not have hundreds of thousands of people playing the game, the Halo Wars franchise is very small in population so splitting it would do more harm then good, when you have a large population it can work, not when you have a really small one.

Purposely making the game less attractive really helps the playerbase then?

My point is why bother?

Why spend time and resources to release a game they want to fail? Why not release the 360 version to UE owners.

Or it is more likely the folks wanting the game dead on the forum are wrong and 343 want both games to be a success like MCC and want to get it right this time.

You can play both it does not dilute too much as we all get Halo Wars 2 as well.

I just honestly think they made a error with matchmaking and should fix it.

To those saying don’t add it, anything in the original barring glitches should be in the Definitive Edition.

It wont split the playerbase as to play you need UE, most folks will get the normal edition of Halo Wars 2 so by default HW2 will have numbers, Halo Wars 2 will prosper and so can HW DE, this is why we have a HW DE forum. Also I can play both and will play HW2 more. HW1 still worked after 7 years with the old system don’t fix what isn’t broken.

Last comment on this I made my points several times I just hope people look at the points and make constructive ones rather than saying why should they release matchmaking it was gonna fail attitude. That attitude gets my blood boiling no naive many are.

> 2535442321098012;14:
> > 2535429756019039;13:
> > > 2535442321098012;12:
> > > > 2535451126945421;10:
> > > > There is no way that 343i would release HW:DE just before HW2 and give it matchmaking. That’s just splitting the community before it can start. You may not like the move now but when you get on HW2 matchmaking in a few months once the initial buzz has died down you’ll be thanking 343i for not splitting the fanbase between two games. For now you could just host a forum where people can put there names in for customs.
> > > >
> > > > Also I just booted it up and it says there’s an option to look for multiplayer matches is that just not working and it hasn’t been removed or is it different than matchmaking?

not saying it would fail, but looking at it from a realistic standpoint, the population is low, time and money is needed to port the MM over, its not a simple copy and paste. heck, this thread title is wrong since someone from 343 did respond and is basically saying the same thing, population is low, takes time and money to port. This is from another thread in this section.

**From****Ske7ch343:**Sorry I don’t have the definitive answer you’re looking for. Truth is that as the team continues work on the game they are evaluating what is and isn’t possible in terms of multiplayer systems and functionality. There are technical and platform challenges in addition to what’s honestly expected to be pretty low player population so there’s more going on than simply “copying” over the code from the original Halo Wars. For the sake of transparency and honesty, all I can offer is that some form of this stuff may make it’s way into the game over the next month or two or it may not. But once a final decision is made I’ll share everything I can and hopefully be able to offer further insights into what led to the outcome. For now, as disappointing as it may be, my best advice is to temper expectations and let’s see where it lands.

Seen the post actually was the one who linked OP of that article that.

That makes it more vague tbh. Time will tell I can be patient.

cough Early Access cough Not the full release cough cough

Delay the release of halo wars 2 for 6 months or a year and make it amazing (have another beta and then fix what needs to be ) , add matchmaking to DE and fix the glitches and I would be a happy camper , I think many would be , we already waited this long … DE is a good upgrade I think it’s why people are so bummed on the matchmaking fail and the glitches still being in the game with zero nerfs or buffs to compensate even if they are too hard to remove

> 2533274950478805;17:
> cough Early Access cough Not the full release cough cough

Cough feedback needed to improve the game cough that is the whole point of early access.

Thank you for saying the same thing 50+ have said really great contribution there…

> 2535451126945421;10:
> There is no way that 343i would release HW:DE just before HW2 and give it matchmaking. That’s just splitting the community before it can start. You may not like the move now but when you get on HW2 matchmaking in a few months once the initial buzz has died down you’ll be thanking 343i for not splitting the fanbase between two games. For now you could just host a forum where people can put there names in for customs.
>
> Also I just booted it up and it says there’s an option to look for multiplayer matches is that just not working and it hasn’t been removed or is it different than matchmaking?

But it’s not the definitive edition then. You don’t release a game much less a Halo game without matchmaking. Many people spent an extra 20.00 to play a game they wanted in full 1080p with all the added content. Did they kill the Halo CE PC servers or XBC when Halo 2 launched? Or the Halo 2 servers when Halo 3 launched? Or the Halo 3 servers when Reach launched? Or the Reach servers when Halo 4 launched? Or the Halo 4 servers when Halo 5 launched?