343 Showing No Love to Covies?

One of the biggest aspects in Halo 4 is the new enemy, the Prometheans. 343 is constantly talking about them, and how they want you to have just as much fun fighting the new enemy, as you did fighting the Covenant for the past decade. I’m itching to fight these guys, but it got me to thinking. The Prometheans are pretty much 343’s baby. They’ve given life to them, and who knows, this enemy might be the next big conflict we are fighting for the next 10 years. On the other hand, the Covenant were Bungie’s creation and they had a passion for the Covenant, cause once again, they gave life to the Covenant 10 years ago, and molded them into what they are.

But what if 343 doesn’t continue the Covenant’s journey? What if they focus solely on the Prometheans, and they just throw the Covenant species together with no love. Covies need love too.

I was watching this new Spartan Ops video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wCvAhC2D8F8
Skip to 3:35

When the Jackals get shot, they are basically making the same motions as they did in Halo: Reach. Which makes me think that 343 simply took all the moves and personality of the Covenant from Reach, and just gave them a makeover. While this is safe, and works, it just worries me that the Covenant will be shown no love after all these years. I’d say that we have as many Covenant fans as we do Spartan fans.

Anyways, that’s just my opinion and concern. Feel free to discuss.

Ive killed enough Covies… I am honestly getting tired of them.

New trilogy needs new enemies. 'nuff said.

Wouldn’t hurt my feelings, I’m tired of the covies and all the Blargh Blargh.

I was rather annoyed when I saw the Covenant in Halo 4, they have honestly just got boring now, I remember back when the Halo 4 teaser came out, we were told we would see a little bit of the Covenant, but 1/3 into the game, we have Phantoms in the sky, banshees and loads of ground troops attempting to get to the UNSC Infinity, and only then do we run into the Prometheans.

Meh. I don’t mind the Covies, but they get old after a while. I was hoping we could get some Flood every Wave or so in that Installation 04 map for Reach, but…

Some Covenant would be nice, but I want to see the Prometheans completely slaughter the Covenant. It would be very satisfying to see your foes that you once feared and fought endless hordes of become inferior.

I wish they made a new twist on the covenant, not make them a secondary.

You guys are insane, you can’t have Halo without Covies! Can you really imagine what a Halo game would be like without them? I honestly wouldn’t even get it. Maybe after its dropped down to twenty bucks. Seriously their an icon so why don’t we just start a new trilogy and forget about the chief huh? It’s not like he gives us a ton of emotion why aren’t you tired of him? Craziness.

I think the majority of us like the covenant better than master chief. MC is too emotionless, but the covenant certainly have a lot of character.

They’re rogues now, and that means they have most likely lost a lot of supplies, so they don’t exactly look glorified, or impressive. The covenant was a force to be dealt with and was exciting to fight when they were first introduced in Halo CE, and got even more exciting and menacing to fight in Halo 2 when more species and technology came into the mix.

In Halo 3, the Covenant lost a lot of its exciting feeling when elites were taken out of the battle with the Covenant and things started to get boring because every enemy we fought felt like a bunch of dopes with no menacing feeling. In Reach, fighting the Covenant just got plain boring because we knew how to handle every single enemy in every single situation that was given, excluding skirmishers, who were just plain annoying.

The covenants story is far from over and 343i has already said their piece on this. Just wait, you’ll see there role in the new trilogy and you may just like it…

> I think the majority of us like the covenant better than master chief. MC is too emotionless, but the covenant certainly have a lot of character.

Not I. MC will always be the person for me. Not the arbiter or any other covenant thing…

Actually, I remember them mentioning that the Covies fight with the Prometheans for a bit. Oh, imagine the possibilities…

> You guys are insane, you can’t have Halo without Covies! Can you really imagine what a Halo game would be like without them? I honestly wouldn’t even get it. Maybe after its dropped down to twenty bucks. Seriously their an icon so why don’t we just start a new trilogy and forget about the chief huh? It’s not like he gives us a ton of emotion why aren’t you tired of him? Craziness.

I dont mind seeing covi return but i would rather have the change to an elite in multiplayer.

Besides there a rouge group in h4.
After the war the elites were like its on. They have sufferd some high losses but i would still say the elites are the power house in the universe currently followed by humans. I would love to see more of human elite partnership and cooperation.

The conflict will probably grow to be a galactic threat and cause the elites to come back.

> I dont mind seeing covi return but i would rather have the change to an elite in multiplayer.
>
> Besides there a rouge group in h4.
> After the war the elites were like its on. They have sufferd some high losses but i would still say the elites are the power house in the universe currently followed by humans. I would love to see more of human elite partnership and cooperation.
>
> The conflict will probably grow to be a galactic threat and cause the elites to come back.

“The elites were like it’s on”… “I would like to see more of the human/elite partnership an cooperation”

No.

The elites wanted to destroy the humans before they became more technologically advanced and their morale in increased. It’s five years later. The elites and the humans are both back on their feet now, but at this point, I think the rise of the Promethean threat is a greater problem for both sides and it wouldn’t be very smart to annihilate a species that is also trying to destroy an enemy that could wipe out BOTH OF YOU. So, don’t expect the elites to go sour and try to kill us all yet. For now, it’s a three way battle and all that matters is the threat on Requiem.

I’m all for it. What do you want? Us to fight Covies for the next 10 years? After Halo 3 I expected them to take the back seat for the next sequel, and I would’ve been highly disappointed if Halo 4 was just Covies and more of the usual.

I like my Halo fresh.

Better quality video with different person playing

I have to admit, the Covies do look nerfed. Personally, I kinda like it this way since the animations look more believable.

But I hope sword Elites will actually be scary this time and not just because of their 1 hit kill swings.

they bring back the Covenant as an enemy that we’ve been fighting for 11 straight years, but won’t let us fight the Flood after 5 years of not having them. that’s what makes me mad about that situation.

don’t get me wrong, I love the Covenant. but I’d much rather have the Flood back. 5 years is long enough.

I don’t think we’ll be seeing the Promethean AI’s through the whole Trilogy. Spartan Ops is six months after Halo 4, so I guess Halo 5 will even be later? And maybe they will even make some new enemies by then…

I’m very glad that the Covenant have made such a stunning return. They are an extremely important part of the Halo universe, and overlooking them would have been a huge mistake on 343i’s part.