343 Shouldnt have changed halo

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

I was playing Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer on the Master Chief Collection, and I played it for hours. Halo 5 doesn’t feel like Halo any more, its boring and it has a multitude of problems. H2A (Halo 2 Anniversary) is a blast Halo 5 & 6 should be like that but with a few factors added to it. 343 has screwed up Halo 5 on almost every factor. Halo shouldn’t change, at least not so much you dont recognize it! I know what you might say “Then it would turn into CoD, They would all be the same” or something. 343 has messed up badly and for got what halo is, look at halo 3 armor and helmets and Halo 5 it looks like a entirely different franchise, It needs that feeling of Halo, 343 RUSHED THIS GAME. It sucks, MAKE HALO GREAT AGAIN!!

I have mixed opinions, But I do love the Clamber, great way to increase the pacing of maps, also just so fun to grab ledges

Well I find Halo 2 boring, especially with duel wielding and relying on the BR for everything.

It’s definitely a step in the right direction from Halo 4.

Halo isn’t going to be the same game forever. It shouldn’t.

Adding movement options does not change the game.

Before you use that “the pacing is diffrent” excuse:
That “diffrence in pacing” is an illusion caused by sprint. The pacing is the same if not actually slower than the h2’s.

Halo evolved. Just like all other games. If it didnt then it would be the same game over and over again. And players would lose interest.

A “BR beats everything” game again? NO thank you

Ugh. Another one of these guys stuck in the past and all shot up on nostalgia. Yes the old Halos were pretty amazing. And yes the newer ones need work in some areas. Doesn’t mean we should just revert back to the old formula and stay there. That’d get horribly stale.

> 2533274813399302;1:
> MAKE HALO GREAT AGAIN!!

Did you just…
Aw hell no

So a few extra mobility options and it’s a totally unrecognizable game?

Lol. Ok.

I like many of the changes, I have my gripes, but across the board I like them. The only thing that really inhibits this game, are the map designs themselves outside of Warzone; and the lack of Group Matchmaking prioritization.

This is the first Halo I have played to date where the entire Sandbox feels viable. And, I’ve been playing since the days of going to my friend’s house and piling up on the couch in Four-Player Splitscreen on Sidewinder.

From whatni was reading tonight the biggest problem with the matchmaking is a lot people who get banned have second accounts (or more) so that they can continue to play. So high ranking people can get put into a lower ranking class that can cause problems for other players. The biggest problem i have had the past couple days is the amount of quiters and/or people getting disconnect. Witch can cause a lot of others to lose matches. And lower their ranking. Almost every game this past day i had this problem on my team and lost a lot because of it.

It’s just a “-Yoink!- if you do, -Yoink!- if you don’t” situation for all developers these days. If you release near enough the same game it’s all “this is just a full price map pack, I’m not paying for this lazy BS”, and if they try new things it’s all “WTF, why did you change it!? It’s no longer a true insert franchise game!”.

Honestly I think most gamers simply don’t know what they want, or they’ve simply forgotten how to have fun. The whole gaming market has started to devolve into expecting absolute perfection from development teams that are both human and have major time limits impressed by their publishers. That’s not to say all is forgiven in every situation, but I really think too many people conform to the self-entitled stereotype.

I’ve played Halo since Combat Evolved. I was there for the introduction of online gaming in Halo 2. I was there for the pizza and beer fueled LAN parties of Halo 3. These are memories that have made me who am I am today; those friends I had then are still my friends now, from being a teenager to being a grown man, married with kids we still joke a reminisce about those matches and days spent growing up playing Halo together.

Do I miss split-screen? Of course. Do I wish I could see other player’s armour in the lobby? Definitely. Do I dislike the REQ system and prefer a Reach style progression system? Absolutely.

That doesn’t make Halo 5 a bad game. My nostalgia for the original Trilogy doesn’t make Halo 5 a bad game. Fact is I’m never going to have those teenage experiences again. No game will ever match those days. It’s not the game that made those experiences.

Here’s what is true though; I’m having blast with Halo 5. Story elements are disappointing but the moment to moment gameplay is the most fun I’ve had in an FPS for a long time. I’m having fun with Halo 5, and frankly, that’s all that matters.

I don’t hate what Halo became…I’m very mixed. The mechanics work great, but it just doesn’t feel like it’s Halo anymore.

Halo needed to evolve, and hence it did. Halo’s fanbase was waning, and these new mechanics are an investment in the future of the franchise. Halo still doesn’t feel like CoD, and it never will, unless everything is replaced with swat, at least. Look at the reviews. Halo 5 is clearly what at least some people want. I know I’d prefer Halo 5 / 4 to Halo CE.

> 2533274807946495;6:
> Halo evolved. Just like all other games. If it didnt then it would be the same game over and over again. And players would lose interest.

That’s why COD still beats the console FPS market, cause it stayed the same. People expect a game to play like the games before it, not get an entirely different game. Let’s be real here. They added a new mechanic, and added more to the base game rather than changing it completely a la Black Ops 3.

The reason why Ghosts and AW flopped so hard is because they changed too much from the base game.

Please leave. Halo 5 is the best Halo game up to date since Halo 2-3. This game is perfect, the game is balanced and plays amazing.

> 2533274911276077;8:
> Ugh. Another one of these guys stuck in the past and all shot up on nostalgia. Yes the old Halos were pretty amazing. And yes the newer ones need work in some areas. Doesn’t mean we should just revert back to the old formula and stay there. That’d get horribly stale.

If modernizing fails… Halo 4… Just go back to what works

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

PSA: Bungie changed Halo first.