343 should try and slaughter Battle Royale

Although I’m pretty sure I’ve seen 343 isn’t interested in a Battle Royal Royale, this is somewhat concerning to me. As a lifetime fan of Halo, and huge fan of 343, nothing would be doper than 343 creating some Battle Royale / Invasion type crossover? Genuinely optimistic to see some crazy innovation to crown Halo as gaming king again.

Would love to hear thoughts on concept ideas for BR Halo hybrids!!!

343 are working on a “BTB 2.0” of sorts, which is touted to be a large scale experience, though they haven’t released any specific details on it yet.

I think there’s going to be something BR influenced, but not quite BR.

I’m interested to see what 343 has up their sleeve after all this time.

This would be so boring, it would make me instantly yawn and wanna go to sleep.
Innovating doesn’t mean copy/pasting stuff and slapping a different name it.
That’s not innovative, it is lazy.

BR mode needs to stay away from Halo games. If people want it that badly then they should buy the Halo dlc for Fornite and then go play Fornite.

While I think the potential for a BR to work in Halo is definitely there, I think the rumored BTB 2.0 mode is a better call by 343. BRs are everywhere right now and a new Halo themed one would just be more noise that blends into the other offerings out there.

It all comes down to execution, but if they can create a gameplay experience unique to Halo that’s fun and different from everything else, they could potentially topple the BRs that are dominating the gaming space right now.

Personally for myself, a straight up Halo Br would be a boring game mode. However I Iove BTB and looking forward to BTB 2.0. Also Halo doesn’t copy other games, other games copy Halo. So with that said, I’m confident that the BTB 2. 0 just may be another trend started by Halo.

I would personally love the idea of drop podding down onto the ring from space (ODST first person style) and fragging everyone till i’m the last spartan/odst standing

But i would much rather them focus on core elements first before dropping a br into halo

I am excited to see what we get in Halo. A BR game is only boring if you make it boring so I dont understand the instinctive naysaying. I am very interested to see what BTB 2.0 is all about.

It’s already a crowded market and mechanically Halo would not work as well as some people think. Maybe if they can make a Forge World 2.0 that can work for a variety of game modes then sure, but otherwise I don’t think they should shoot for anything bigger than maybe Apex sized. The only way BR would make it big with Halo is if it is forgeable.

Honestly don’t think we need anymore BR games or modes in games for that matter. BR is honestly unfun to play or even watch for me. You either drop in and instantly get slaughtered or you spend about 10-15 minutes hiding and scouting for enemies. If you like that sort of thing, great, but please go find one of the MANY already existing BR games. There are so many to choose from and I feel like Halo wouldn’t be adding anything special or interesting by trying to hop on a bandwagon that already has a standing of its own.

Yeah, it’s not my cup of tea either.

But it could be a good gateway drug for Halo per se.

Come for the Battle Royale… stay for the 1001 other (better) game options we have…

> 2533274897428134;1:
> Would love to hear thoughts on concept ideas for BR Halo hybrids!!!

My thoughts…

I’m ok with a Halo Battle Royale, always have been. I believe we’ll see a Halo Battle Royale at some point, it’s a no brainer and Halo has the toys to be the best Battle Royale on the market imho.Start with the usual drop, either ODST pods or Pelicans dropping the team in. Have a basic loadout and set off looking for weapons. Instead of a continuously closing circle have Covenant Cruisers glassing random parts of the map. Have interconnecting tunnels or man cannons or a vehicle to escape areas being glassed. We could have Scorpions, Warthogs and other ground vehicles.

Edit. With regard to glassed areas, they could influence gameplay, the areas getting glassed could create random bottle necks or choke points that could allow for unique encounters. I also think randomn glassing could help reduce camping. It’s easy to camp with a circle closing, but if you’re camping an area and a glass warning sounds or countdown starts… Gotta move.

In the skies we have Hornets, Pelicans for teams, Banshees, Seraphs etc. We could have equpment like grav lifts, bubbles and the hookshot. More than one style of play would be possible in a Halo Battle Royale, we could have Flood infested areas where risk is well rewarded, and I suggested that before Blackout did the zombie thing, or Brute or Elite or Banished areas.It would be insane imo. When you sit back and seriously look at the Halo sand box the options are limitless. We could have the definitive Battle Royale with more shennanigans than all the others put together.

I’ve only mentioned a few things. I could go on all day, air srtikes ? No, how about orbital bombardment, or you call in a Saber team to help instead.Again, I could go on, it’s a no brainer imo. It does not have to be a strict 150 players either, Warzone regularly has different player counts on smaller maps. Halo could easily do the same. I do think 343i should copy Warzone and make it a stand alone. That way players that do not like Battle Royale can simply ignore it. As for me… I say 343i should go for it.

> 2533274841519598;9:
> I am excited to see what we get in Halo. A BR game is only boring if you make it boring so I dont understand the instinctive naysaying. I am very interested to see what BTB 2.0 is all about.

I disagree that it’s instinctive naysaying - I think there are 6 things to consider:

• 343 have already said they’re not doing this [at the moment at least], but threads like this keep popping up - It’s not naysaying in terms of ‘Halo can’t do it well’ - despite the fact that I am not a BR fan in any way shape or form I do believe Halo could do an excellent BR - It’s about resources. Infinite is already a hugely complex project and 343 have made it clear that they’re focussed on making the game as good as it can be by getting the fundamentals right and building from there. A BR is entirely not part of that. - BRs can take over franchises - look at Titanfall a promising IP which we’ll likely never see another entry into at least for a while, I don’t hear anything about CoD anymore apart from Warzone - careful what you wish for because what starts as a sideproject can entirely take over your franchise. - BR market saturation - all existing Halo fans who want to play a BR have plenty of places to get that fix. Is a Halo BR actually going to add anything to the franchise there? - Player influx: even if you do succeed with a BR (which isn’t a guarantee) and it does well to the point of bringing new people into the Halo franchise: if they’re there for the BR are they going to stay for the other things which are Halo’s core DNA? If not… what was the point?

> 2533274874872263;14:
> > 2533274841519598;9:
> > I am excited to see what we get in Halo. A BR game is only boring if you make it boring so I dont understand the instinctive naysaying. I am very interested to see what BTB 2.0 is all about.
>
> 1. It’s about resources. Infinite is already a hugely complex project and 343 have made it clear that they’re focussed on making the game as good as it can be by getting the fundamentals right and building from there. A BR is entirely not part of that.
> - I don’t hear anything about CoD anymore apart from Warzone - careful what you wish for because what starts as a sideproject can entirely take over your franchise.

I totally agree with resources. Why not let another studio do it ?

Warzone will be CoD’s primary Battle Royale. Yearly installments like Cold War will be included into Warzone for the foreseeable future. Warzone is getting a new map soon with more smaller variations like 20v20 etc. They keep things pretty fresh imo, and I have not spent a penny on battle passes. I got my 1000 CoD points when I bought Blackout. I earn 1500 CoD points a season and 1000 go to my next pass.

I think Halo could easily follow a similar path with it’s own “stand alone” Battle Royale. It’s an earner too, the money they’ve generated from Warzone is amazing, the figures are staggering tbh. Warzone has also helped the sales of Modern Warfare and Cold War, if you have Cold War you have access to more in Warzone. It certainly looks like 343i are on a similar route, paid campaign with content in a free multiplayer.

I see a Halo Battle Royale or their version of it at some point.

Why would 343i want their players getting their fix elsewhere ? Surely it’s adding to 343i’s coffers if they keep us playing a Halo Battle Royale over Warzone, PUBG etc ?

BR is a fad and chasing fads isn’t a good business move. Lifelong fans of Halo would have naturally come to the conclusion that niche gameplay types like BR should be handled in forge.

I’ve said it before but I pray every night 343 doesn’t drop a battle royal. It’s not so much that I don’t like those types of games (which I don’t) but more so I hate the community. Though I’m open to compromise as obviously people like it.

If “They have to make one to keep Halo alive bla bla *insert random nonsense here”, then make a separate game that’s not a main line Halo title and have that be a BR.

I could see it happening you could buy revives and power ups n such there are plenty of Halo Weapons from all games to toss around the map and instead of gas or fire storm or whatever make it the flood closing in on everyone if you get caught out there you get infected and have to infect other players that could be a tight spin

Thus would be a crazy -Yoink- game mode

> 2533274886490718;4:
> This would be so boring, it would make me instantly yawn and wanna go to sleep.
> Innovating doesn’t mean copy/pasting stuff and slapping a different name it.
> That’s not innovative, it is lazy.

I’m saying innovate, you’re saying copy and paste. Two different things.