343 should be ashamed of their server issues

It’s obvious almost every game who has the server advantage. My connect runs great 45 DL and 6 UL and bodies just eat bullets and it does no damage…343, do u care?

I can’t say I disagree currently. I get 343 need to update/test things for the new search parameters but it’s seemingly out of control at the moment. I’ve seen USA, EU, NZ and Australian players all complaining recently; more complaining than usual that is :slight_smile:

I know they care but it doesn’t change our reality when trying to play our favourite game.

For real. They are ridiculous.

I have been posting on every thread hoping to get 343s attention on this. I know we have a matchmaking preference coming with the next update. But something tells me the problem might be deeper then even the next update cant fix… It seems like over a period of time the servers have become bogged down to a point where there almost about to give up the battle themselves. Im still keeping the hope though that the next update will fix this horrible problem. But what do we do if it doesn’t??? :frowning: I just cant play it like this… And I so much love the game…

I’ve been really getting annoyed also with these issues with 5’s servers. It sometimes kicks me out of the whole game or just doesn’t let me use forge or even custom games.

> 2552039788861758;2:
> I’ve seen USA, EU, NZ and Australian players all complaining recently; more complaining than usual that is :slight_smile:

Haha! Well, I’m one of those whingeing Aussies, there’s a spot of noticeable lag here and there but generally if I kill someone on my screen, they stay dead. No bullet sponginess per se.
Just a lot more double KOs when the server gives both me and the enemy the benefit of the doubt :stuck_out_tongue:

I live in Virginia in USA and even I have noticed worse online play. I get more and more lag spikes and recently had one game just riddled with lag and it almost became the first game I willing quit but luckily the other team got a hug lead as my team kept quitting out and they destroyed our core. About to board a wraith… oh lag spike… sorry you are now splattered… It’s getting so I think maybe some have found a lag exploit to lag opposing players but not them.

Seriously, some of the worst I’ve ever played. It’s disgraceful.

I feel like the connections in halo 5 multiplayer can be tough some times, however i dont get many issues usually and i have pretty bad internet currently where i live…
I play halo 5 online and never notice much lag like bullets whiffing and not doing damage but i do have slight teleportation lag everynow and then. Try play destiny and see how bad the connections are there, H5 does it sooo much better.

> 2552039788861758;2:
> I can’t say I disagree currently. I get 343 need to update/test things for the new search parameters but it’s seemingly out of control at the moment. I’ve seen USA, EU, NZ and Australian players all complaining recently; more complaining than usual that is :slight_smile:
>
> I know they care but it doesn’t change our reality when trying to play our favourite game.

150 down 35 up and the lag is out of control

last night on truth I had the energy sword and went on a massive killing spree because the opposing teams magnum shots did not register on me.

343i must address the matter and they must acknowledge our complaints. Like today

bruh! remember “THE SERVERS ARE DEDICATED”… what a joke!

Has the game ever froze for a second or two when someone leaves the game for you guys?

It is pretty bad. I’ll dive back in once it is cleaned up.

> 2533274974643457;12:
> Has the game ever froze for a second or two when someone leaves the game for you guys?

All the time now.
As well as the majority of my games having terrible latency yesterday alone. Some of the games people would just disappear the lag was so bad. This is with 2-3 USA teammates and myself that all have the same speeds as OP.

> 2533274974643457;12:
> Has the game ever froze for a second or two when someone leaves the game for you guys?

Yes.

OT:
I agree, the server lag issues are insane, I sometimes can’t even finish the game without waiting in the respawn interval until I get forceable spawned.
If you guys like you can check out this video: Click
It shows how out of control the lag can get.
Or this one with the banshee at the end and not being able to acquire any reqs: ClickI live in germany and I have 10mb/s dl and 1mb/s ul with a 15-40 ping, which is perfectly fine for most games.
The lag is really unbearable and even happens to be more apparent as of late.
I seriously hope i343 or microsoft finally do something against this, otherwise I don’t think I will be supporting anyones games anymore without 100%ly knowing that they will have dedicated servers that are actually great to play at.

Been kicked out of 2 warzone games now, then it just freezes on the menu screen. I get mad lag as well time to time, pretty shocking really. Hopefully the new update will sort it, fingers crossed.

I’m in MD, USA and I pull 150 DL with 20 UL and minimal ping yet these servers in only this game seem to be an issue. IDK what the issue is but this could simply be an issue on 343’s end.

I’m in LA. I’ve stopped playing until the next update. I love Halo but I can’t take the lag. Maybe if I played with teammates it would be better but being a lone wolf means you get thrown into some terrible servers and it not only affects you but the team you’re playing with. It’s also a problem on FFA.

I’m not usually one to complain/vent frustration, but I really hope this gets fixed… it’s the only game I play!

There are three possible issue w/ any lag scenario. I’ll list them in the order they occur the most.

• Basic internet issues. For example: ISP issues, ISP throttling, general back bone issues, crashed core infrastructure, etc. The “intertubes” are not simple and it’s a complex system. A plethora of things can create lag. - Your xbox one console’s CPU/Memory can be pegged during game play and unable to keep up creating lag. - 343i server issues which are hosted at Microsoft Azure data centers. Remote server lag happens but hopefully the pool of dedicated servers is ideally slightly under utilized maximizing game performance and optimizing user experience.Internet related lag is by far the leading contributor. If your on a cheap 25 MB download ISP plan bump your plan to 50 MB or more.