343 SERIOUSLY???

Why do you all still have in game joining? The system doesn’t work a 100% and if by now you all don’t see this is taking away from the fun of the game play then you all need to seriously wake up!!

How often will I have to keep losing a spree because of this? “In Game Joining Process” On top of that you respond dead, your weapon lost and the team that was behind is in front. This isn’t what made halo fun ok. You leave the game thats your problem no need for the other players in the game to be waiting on someone to join then leave right away. This made the game more challenging for the team with a man or two down. This gave the players that extra drive to push for a win which made it even more sweeter not forgetting fun.

Do yourselves a favor and save what little you all have left. Get rid of it because the system isn’t working correctly. I don’t want to be stopped while the game is in play for other players to join. And to be real frank about it, this is a strange feeling while playing halo and no one wants to join games that are already in play. Everyone wants to start a new game.

I disagree.

I’d rather have teammates join so I’m not down 4vs2 a minute into the match because some player and his split screener decided to betray one of us or leave the game. I’ve had plenty of games where join in progress players helped push back and win. If they didn’t join I wouldn’t have won no matter how hard I tried.

Sure the system isn’t 100% but it’s better to have it than have not.

Dude that’s your opinion and the way you play. I mainly pointing out how much this is taking away from the game. Going into a dark screen, spotting a nice sweet kill only to be stopped by a black screen, losing your weapon and having to wait and wait and wait. Dude no one wants to wait we only want to play. So this my friend makes for boring game play experience all the time.

I don’t care who is screen licking or if i am down a man and surely don’t depend on others to win a match win or lose. Thats just weak to me in my opinion and player like which you just said leave all the hard work for others plater to do just to earn a win and i sure you hope that you get some really good players while you at that you might just admit lol

Soft reason to like join in progress!

> Dude that’s your opinion and the way you play. I mainly pointing out how much this is taking away from the game. Going into a dark screen, spotting a nice sweet kill only to be stopped by a black screen, losing your weapon and having to wait and wait and wait. Dude no one wants to wait we only want to play. So this my friend makes for boring game play experience all the time.
>
> I don’t care who is screen licking or if i am down a man and surely don’t depend on others to win a match win or lose. Thats just weak to me in my opinion and player like which you just said leave all the hard work for others plater to do just to earn a win and i sure you hope that you get some really good players while you at that you might just admit lol
>
> Soft reason to like join in progress!

I fail to see how wanting your full team is being weak, for example in objective to have your full team is useful as some can defend the objective(like the flag) and others attack the enemy team.

> Dude that’s your opinion and the way you play. I mainly pointing out how much this is taking away from the game. Going into a dark screen, spotting a nice sweet kill only to be stopped by a black screen, losing your weapon and having to wait and wait and wait. Dude no one wants to wait we only want to play. So this my friend makes for boring game play experience all the time.
>
> I don’t care who is screen licking or if i am down a man and surely don’t depend on others to win a match win or lose. Thats just weak to me in my opinion and player like which you just said leave all the hard work for others plater to do just to earn a win and i sure you hope that you get some really good players while you at that you might just admit lol
>

Well of course it’s my opinion. Who elses opinion would it be?

I haven’t experienced what you have experienced in terms of the black screen. Perhaps it is your connection that is losing packets? What is your NAT set to? Also, what country are you playing from?

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I’m not leaving all the hard work to other players. If you’re in a game (for example Capture the Flag) and everyone except for you leave the game, there is no way you’re going to win that game no matter how hard you try. Even more so if it is on the map Settler.

> <mark>Dude that’s your opinion and the way you play.</mark> I mainly pointing out how much this is taking away from the game. Going into a dark screen, spotting a nice sweet kill only to be stopped by a black screen, losing your weapon and having to wait and wait and wait. Dude no one wants to wait we only want to play. So this my friend makes for boring game play experience all the time.
>
>

And what you posted OP, is your opinion

Ok i failed to mention CTF and other objective game types like this where its a big help indeed because I don’t play them. But i run 4G internet my nat is open as far as i know on my end. I can only say one time i did play BTB and saw players join and never had to wait but 99% of the time its not like that. You as well did agree to the point when i said its not 100%.

What about the other game types where players don’t really need a team or none objective game types? Dont you think it bothers them as well? I sure i am not the only one on here who feels this way good connection or not. And i say good connection or not because not everyone gets a good server connection from around the world and that fact has been proven because of servers with host connections and not just internet speeds.

Am I right in thinking the whole black screen situation is in no way related to JIP?

It’s a connection issue as far as I’m aware.

Jip has it’s flaws but this isn’t one of them.

> Am I right in thinkinhg the whole black screen situation is in no way related to JIP?
>
> It’s a connection issue as far as I’m aware.
>
> Jip has it’s flaws but this isn’t one of them.

This happens mainly during JIP but you are not wrong also.

> > Dude that’s your opinion and the way you play. I mainly pointing out how much this is taking away from the game. Going into a dark screen, spotting a nice sweet kill only to be stopped by a black screen, losing your weapon and having to wait and wait and wait. Dude no one wants to wait we only want to play. So this my friend makes for boring game play experience all the time.
> >
> > I don’t care who is screen licking or if i am down a man and surely don’t depend on others to win a match win or lose. Thats just weak to me in my opinion and player like which you just said leave all the hard work for others plater to do just to earn a win and i sure you hope that you get some really good players while you at that you might just admit lol
> >
> > Soft reason to like join in progress!
>
>
> <mark>I fail to see how wanting your full team is being weak, for example in objective to have your full team is useful as some can defend the objective(like the flag) and others attack the enemy team.
[/quote]
</mark>
>
> Well then that feature could maybe be controlled and used in game types like the above you mention.

> > Am I right in thinkinhg the whole black screen situation is in no way related to JIP?
> >
> > It’s a connection issue as far as I’m aware.
> >
> > Jip has it’s flaws but this isn’t one of them.
>
> This happens mainly during JIP but you are not wrong also.

I used to get black screen from time to time playing Halo 3. Blaming that on JIP would be a tough sell.

Sorry, but I think you’re seeing paterns where none exist. It seems you just want to blame your connection difficulties on a feature you already dislike.

If the two were related, I refuse to belive this forum wouldn’t be in uproar about it.

I’d prefer no JiP. Although it is highly frustrating when team-mates quit out, it is even more aggravating when you are JiP’d into games, especially when it is onto the losing team.

The only way JiP could ever work would be if you are put into a lobby when someone has quit out of the lobby before the game has begun, that way you can never be put into a game that has already started.

It sounds stupid, but for me, it is the only way JiP could work and keep everyone relatively happy.

> I’d prefer no JiP. Although it is highly frustrating when team-mates quit out, it is even more aggravating when you are JiP’d into games, especially when it is onto the losing team.
>
> <mark>The only way JiP could ever work would be if you are put into a lobby when someone has quit out of the lobby before the game has begun, that way you can never be put into a game that has already started.</mark>
>
> It sounds stupid, but for me, it is the only way JiP could work and keep everyone relatively happy.

This isn’t stupid at all. This is all creative thoughts and I never saw it that way and i can see what you saying work. Because then that lobby will always have players ready to go and start a fresh new game. Brill!!

> I disagree.
>
> I’d rather have teammates join so I’m not down 4vs2 a minute into the match because some player and his split screener decided to betray one of us or leave the game. I’ve had plenty of games where join in progress players helped push back and win. If they didn’t join I wouldn’t have won no matter how hard I tried.
>
> Sure the system isn’t 100% but it’s better to have it than have not.

Nope. No other player should be punished for A.) a game they did not ask to enter. B.) In said game, pick up the slack of those who felt they had better things to do. C.) Lose/win because of it.

JiP is terrible and is one of the worst features in Halo 4. It was not thought out at all and they STILL have to make adjustments to it. I should never have to join a game where the score is 22-3. Never. That is stupid.

> > I disagree.
> >
> > I’d rather have teammates join so I’m not down 4vs2 a minute into the match because some player and his split screener decided to betray one of us or leave the game. I’ve had plenty of games where join in progress players helped push back and win. If they didn’t join I wouldn’t have won no matter how hard I tried.
> >
> > Sure the system isn’t 100% but it’s better to have it than have not.
>
> Nope. No other player should be punished for A.) a game they did not ask to enter. B.) In said game, pick up the slack of those who felt they had better things to do. C.) Lose/win because of it.
>
> JiP is terrible and is one of the worst features in Halo 4. It was not thought out at all and they STILL have to make adjustments to it. I should never have to join a game where the score is 22-3. Never. That is stupid.

These are some of the things i wanted to point out. It feels out of place and I seriously mean it when i say it takes away from the fun of the game win or lose.

IMO, there should have been a “search full game” option. Default would have been jip.

> > > Am I right in thinkinhg the whole black screen situation is in no way related to JIP?
> > >
> > > It’s a connection issue as far as I’m aware.
> > >
> > > Jip has it’s flaws but this isn’t one of them.
> >
> > This happens mainly during JIP but you are not wrong also.
>
> I used to get black screen from time to time playing Halo 3. Blaming that on JIP would be a tough sell.
>
> Sorry, but I think you’re seeing paterns where none exist. It seems you just want to blame your connection difficulties on a feature you already dislike.
>
> If the two were related, I refuse to belive this forum wouldn’t be in uproar about it.

What if I tell you it is connection related? Whenever the host quits or someone who is more preferred as host joins a game, the host will switch and you will go to a black screen.

The host can also switch without any quitting or joining, if the already existing host is having problems with their internet connection.

Quitting often occurs because true-skill is not strict enough and join in game happens because of “JIP”.

I have actually never thought about it, before now. Another reason to leave JIP.

> > > > Am I right in thinkinhg the whole black screen situation is in no way related to JIP?
> > > >
> > > > It’s a connection issue as far as I’m aware.
> > > >
> > > > Jip has it’s flaws but this isn’t one of them.
> > >
> > > This happens mainly during JIP but you are not wrong also.
> >
> > <mark>I used to get black screen from time to time playing Halo 3. Blaming that on JIP would be a tough sell.</mark>
> >
> > Sorry, but I think you’re seeing paterns where none exist. It seems you just want to blame your connection difficulties on a feature you already dislike.
> >
> > If the two were related, I refuse to belive this forum wouldn’t be in uproar about it.
>
> What if I tell you it is connection related? Whenever the host quits or someone who is more preferred as host joins a game, the host will switch and you will go to a black screen.
>
> The host can also switch without any quitting or joining, if the already existing host is having problems with their internet connection.
>
> Quitting often occurs because true-skill is not strict enough and join in game happens because of “JIP”.
>
> I have actually never thought about it, before now. Another reason to leave JIP.

Halo3 does not fit in here and for you to bring up lag and bad connection from halo 3 and try to say its a feature i hate and that i am trying blame it on the JIP is wrong and out of place. For your information its a good idea if only it worked correctly and not seen while playing the match you are in then it won’t take away from the experience. For now it doesn’t work correctly and because of JIP you get more black screens now than before halo 3 since you want to compare halo games. This is strictly about a feature in halo4 not a game vs game.

Pros and cons for JIP.

8 on 2 is no fun…

Joining down 200 is not fun either…

I personally just live with it.

8 on 2 is fun for me, as guerilla tactics come into effect and the K/D is high…

Down 200 gives me a chance to climb up that leader board and, who knows, turn it around.

> Dude that’s your opinion and the way you play.

The same could be said about your OP.

By the way previous Halo titles have also had the BLACKSCREEN problem where sprees are reset and such, dont act as if H4 is the first Halo to have this happen.