343 seems to be in a tough spot with Halo Infinite

The Halo community seems to be very divided nowadays in regards to all things about the franchise. Some people prefer the classic art style, some people prefer the new art style. Some people prefer the classic gameplay, some people prefer the new gameplay. Some people dislike the new stories, some people like the new stories. And the thing is that 343 as a company can’t just pander to one side and neglect the other, whatever side it may be (unless it’s a huge portion of the audience). They, as a company, need to make a game that pleases as many players as possible.

343 has also had some polarising launches with their games. MCC launched with many matchmaking problems, H5 launched with a sub-par story and barebones content with planned DLC to “expand it’s lifespan”. While a lot of fans are still here, some have abandoned the franchise due these things, and for others Halo Infinite will dictate wether or not they will stay. Infinite could also possibly bring back older fans if done correctly.

With 343 being a part of Microsoft Studios, I would imagine there’s also pressure on the corporate side of things, possibly regarding release dates and sales and other stuff.

This is why I think 343 are in a though spot. They really need to take their time to strategise on how they can make the best game they can, while pleasing the most players they can while not deviating from their vision. To some players, they are in need of proving themselves as a studio that not only can make a great game, but also a great Halo game.

With all this said, I imagine the slipspace engine was probably not the only thing delaying Infinite’s production and release.

I hope 343 takes their time to think things through and make a fantastic Halo game. Please don’t rush the game or overwork yourselves. Take all the time you need.

PS: We as a community should also think things through. If we all express our opinions in a calm, direct and well informed manner, with well presented arguments we will all benefit from it, regardless of what “side” of the discussion we are on. Sometimes I see people insulting each other and there is no need for that. We all like Halo, guys.

> 2533274818470226;1:
> The Halo community seems to be very divided nowadays in regards to all things about the franchise. Some people prefer the classic art style, some people prefer the new art style. Some people prefer the classic gameplay, some people prefer the new gameplay. Some people dislike the new stories, some people like the new stories. And the thing is that 343 as a company can’t just pander to one side and neglect the other, whatever side it may be (unless it’s a huge portion of the audience). They, as a company, need to make a game that pleases as many players as possible.
>
> 343 has also had some polarising launches with their games. MCC launched with many matchmaking problems, H5 launched with a sub-par story and barebones content with planned DLC to “expand it’s lifespan”. While a lot of fans are still here, some have abandoned the franchise due these things, and for others Halo Infinite will dictate wether or not they will stay. Infinite could also possibly bring back older fans if done correctly.
>
> With 343 being a part of Microsoft Studios, I would imagine there’s also pressure on the corporate side of things, possibly regarding release dates and sales and other stuff.
>
> This is why I think 343 are in a though spot. They really need to take their time to strategise on how they can make the best game they can, while pleasing the most players they can while not deviating from their vision. To some players, they are in need of proving themselves as a studio that not only can make a great game, but also a great Halo game.
>
> With all this said, I imagine the slipspace engine was probably not the only thing delaying Infinite’s production and release.
>
> I hope 343 takes their time to think things through and make a fantastic Halo game. Please don’t rush the game or overwork yourselves. Take all the time you need.
>
> PS: We as a community should also think things through. If we all express our opinions in a calm, direct and well informed manner, with well presented arguments we will all benefit from it, regardless of what “side” of the discussion we are on. Sometimes I see people insulting each other and there is no need for that. We all like Halo, guys.

Preach my friend, preach!

We’d all rather have the greatest Halo game of all time in 2021 rather than a “meh” game in 2019. 343 needs to make this perfect.

Yeah, I’m not really sure what they can do to get themselves out of this pickle. They’re gonna have to pick a “side” or find a perfect compromise. I’m just not sure if that compromise exists. Neither “side” seems willing to give on anything. It’s going to take a very talented and attentive team to please the majority of both fanbases.

The thing is you’re right. We, the fans, have to do our part too. If we don’t work together to calmly talk our issues out then it won’t matter what “side” wins and could spell the end of the franchise. This is a “last straw” type of moment for 343i, but at the end of the day all they can do is make the best game they can.

It’s been a rough 6 years for them, but I think they have the experience now to turn this around and make things right again. I do have faith in them though, as we should all try to do.

Some things that could go a long way towards making players happy and capturing a larger fanbase at launch.

• Excellent campaign with good writing and level design. - Good selection of multiplayer features and content (Theater, Maps, Gametypes, Forge, Content Browser). - Plentiful casual and competitive play spaces.

Yeah, you can’t please all the people all the time. Some group of gamers is going to be upset about Infinte no matter what 343 does. That said, 343 should remain focused on feedback and working to create the best game they can. I’m happy to wait if the final product is up to snuff…great campaign story and design, wide variety of multiplayer options with fast gameplay, and shipping a complete game (no dlc for at least the first year).

> 2533274819030629;3:
> Yeah, I’m not really sure what they can do to get themselves out of this pickle. They’re gonna have to pick a “side” or find a perfect compromise. I’m just not sure if that compromise exists. Neither “side” seems willing to give on anything. It’s going to take a very talented and attentive team to please the majority of both fanbases.
>
> The thing is you’re right. We, the fans, have to do our part too. If we don’t work together to calmly talk our issues out then it won’t matter what “side” wins and could spell the end of the franchise. This is a “last straw” type of moment for 343i, but at the end of the day all they can do is make the best game they can.
>
> It’s been a rough 6 years for them, but I think they have the experience now to turn this around and make things right again. I do have faith in them though, as we should all try to do.
>
> Some things that could go a long way towards making players happy and capturing a larger fanbase at launch.
> - Excellent campaign with good writing and level design. - Good selection of multiplayer features and content (Theater, Maps, Gametypes, Forge, Content Browser). - Plentiful casual and competitive play spaces.

What about a file share?

I don’t think they are. It’s really quite simple: Make. A. Halo. Game.

Create loneliness. Have the player feel like Master Chief is the only one of his kind, and the only one who can do what he does, even with Spartan IV’s around. Halo 4 did this extremely well. Make clear differences between the player and other Spartans.

Have Chief kill alens and doesn’t afraid of anything, on Installation 07 this time. Real easy. Have bro-tier Marines that you tower over and they say cool one-liners from time to time. Put ‘rule of cool’ above needless exposition dumps and practicality, put subtlety above in-your-face over the top cutscene action, maybe throw some Brutes into the mix.

Give Blue Team proper side character roles and you have to play a specific mission in order to encounter specific Spartans from Blue Team. Show them scarcely, show them do feats they are known for in the lore when they are shown, and do it without cutscenes.

Ehh, they don’t have anyone to blame but themselves. H4 was tested with classic gameplay which was well received in focus groups, but 343 thought it was too traditional and we all know the rest with that game and H5. They don’t have to keep down this path of going all out with gimmicky abilities and modern gameplay, but at the end of the day, they’re going to do what they envision for Halo and not everyone will agree with it. I mean, there were people who hated H2 when it came out, but it was a success regardless so maybe 343 will get lucky with this game with whatever they choose to do.

> 2727626560040591;7:
> Ehh, they don’t have anyone to blame but themselves. H4 was tested with classic gameplay which was well received in focus groups, but 343 thought it was too traditional and we all know the rest with that game and H5. They don’t have to keep down this path of going all out with gimmicky abilities and modern gameplay, but at the end of the day, they’re going to do what they envision for Halo and not everyone will agree with it. I mean, there were people who hated H2 when it came out, but it was a success regardless so maybe 343 will get lucky with this game with whatever they choose to do.

with the classic art style back I wonder if classic gameplay comes back

> 2535460843083983;6:
> I don’t think they are. It’s really quite simple: Make. A. Halo. Game.
>
> Create loneliness. Have the player feel like Master Chief is the only one of his kind, and the only one who can do what he does, even with Spartan IV’s around. Halo 4 did this extremely well. Make clear differences between the player and other Spartans.
>
> Have Chief kill alens and doesn’t afraid of anything, on Installation 07 this time. Real easy. Have bro-tier Marines that you tower over and they say cool one-liners from time to time. Put ‘rule of cool’ above needless exposition dumps and practicality, put subtlety above in-your-face over the top cutscene action, maybe throw some Brutes into the mix.
>
> Give Blue Team proper side character roles and you have to play a specific missions in order to encounter specific Spartans from Blue Team. Show them scarcely, show them do feats they are known for in the lore when they are shown, and do it without cutscenes.

That’d be nice if this were Bungie era Halo games. You can make a Halo game without the cheesy one liners (Halo Reach and Halo 4). We literally just got a game that had little to no character campaign wise. This campaign needs visit Chief and his coming to terms with his humanity again. It made absolutely no sense that Chief went from questioning himself at the end of 4 but went back to being a soldier once again that just went after the mission. You had a full character arc about him evolving as a person for it to lead nowhere.

Chief needs a challenge is this game, he doesn’t need to be someone who walks through an enemy force (Created, Prometheans, Forerunner, Flood or Banished). He needs a true challenge in this game.

I agree about the mysterious nature and subtlety in some areas.

You can make a “Halo game” without being a cheesy, predictable campaign. Give characters true personalities, there has to be a reason for me to care about the characters. The most serious campaign in the series (Reach), is the game where I truly felt like the Covenant were a threat. You can be serious and mysterious without it not being a Halo game.

> 2533274818470226;1:
> The Halo community seems to be very divided nowadays in regards to all things about the franchise. Some people prefer the classic art style, some people prefer the new art style. Some people prefer the classic gameplay, some people prefer the new gameplay. Some people dislike the new stories, some people like the new stories. And the thing is that 343 as a company can’t just pander to one side and neglect the other, whatever side it may be (unless it’s a huge portion of the audience). They, as a company, need to make a game that pleases as many players as possible.

I think in a way you are very right, and in a way you are wrong. This narrative that the Halo community is split 50/50 or anywhere close to 50/50 on original mechanics vs. modern mechanics is a complete fabrication or a failure to analyze data correctly.
To expand on that, I’d like to point out that any poles done on Halowaypoint.com are going to be largely skewed in favor of modern game-play mechanics. In general, the vast majority of people who are still playing Halo 5 and participating in this forum discussion are tolerable if not favorable to the modern mechanics.
Taking into consideration that 343 stopped giving us information on active player counts when the number fell below 10k, its well within reason to assume that there are much less than 10,000 people currently playing Halo at any given time.
Yet, every Halo game absolutely kills it in sales. That is because everyone with an xbox buys Halo! I’m sure I’m not alone in saying that the only reason I have an xbox is because of Halo, yet I’ve probably played less than 50 hours total between Halo4 and Halo5. I’m not alone. I might be on here, but I’m not alone. Any discussion about Halo’s mechanics outside of Halowaypoint is very skewed in favor of people who hate the newer/modern mechanics. I strongly encourage anyone who disagrees with me to go onto any gaming forum or reddit that has no relation to Halo specifically and ask people what their opinion on original vs. modern mechanics is. It will be 80/20 or greater in favor of original mechanics, unless you are on a forum dedicated to teenagers who arent even old enough to remember original mechanics.

To conclude, I strongly disagree that there is a 50/50 split in the community over this. The overwhelming majority of Halo fans want a Halo game; not a blend of every shooter ever made, with a space theme and a spartan to call it Halo. That may not be a popular opinion on this forum, but I think anyone with the mental ability to follow my chain of reasoning throughout the length of this post would agree that the popular opinion on Halowaypoint is not reflective of the overall opinion of the Halo fanbase.

If it was, Halo 6 would only sell 20,000 copies instead of 5Million+

> 2533274798531256;10:
> > 2533274818470226;1:
> > The Halo community seems to be very divided nowadays in regards to all things about the franchise. Some people prefer the classic art style, some people prefer the new art style. Some people prefer the classic gameplay, some people prefer the new gameplay. Some people dislike the new stories, some people like the new stories. And the thing is that 343 as a company can’t just pander to one side and neglect the other, whatever side it may be (unless it’s a huge portion of the audience). They, as a company, need to make a game that pleases as many players as possible.
>
> I think in a way you are very right, and in a way you are wrong. This narrative that the Halo community is split 50/50 or anywhere close to 50/50 on original mechanics vs. modern mechanics is a complete fabrication or a failure to analyze data correctly.
> To expand on that, I’d like to point out that any poles done on Halowaypoint.com are going to be largely skewed in favor of modern game-play mechanics. In general, the vast majority of people who are still playing Halo 5 and participating in this forum discussion are tolerable if not favorable to the modern mechanics.
> Taking into consideration that 343 stopped giving us information on active player counts when the number fell below 10k, its well within reason to assume that there are much less than 10,000 people currently playing Halo at any given time.
> Yet, every Halo game absolutely kills it in sales. That is because everyone with an xbox buys Halo! I’m sure I’m not alone in saying that the only reason I have an xbox is because of Halo, yet I’ve probably played less than 50 hours total between Halo4 and Halo5. I’m not alone. I might be on here, but I’m not alone. Any discussion about Halo’s mechanics outside of Halowaypoint is very skewed in favor of people who hate the newer/modern mechanics. I strongly encourage anyone who disagrees with me to go onto any gaming forum or reddit that has no relation to Halo specifically and ask people what their opinion on original vs. modern mechanics is. It will be 80/20 or greater in favor of original mechanics, unless you are on a forum dedicated to teenagers who arent even old enough to remember original mechanics.
>
> To conclude, I strongly disagree that there is a 50/50 split in the community over this. The overwhelming majority of Halo fans want a Halo game; not a blend of every shooter ever made, with a space theme and a spartan to call it Halo. That may not be a popular opinion on this forum, but I think anyone with the mental ability to follow my chain of reasoning throughout the length of this post would agree that the popular opinion on Halowaypoint is not reflective of the overall opinion of the Halo fanbase.
>
> If it was, Halo 6 would only sell 20,000 copies instead of 5Million+

well the classic artstyle seemingly making a comeback is a start in the right direction hopefully since hes against somebody considered his closest friend for years they build on and revisit chiefs character development in halo 4 I was so pissed they ignored that in 5

> 2535416198868046;5:
> > 2533274819030629;3:
> > Yeah, I’m not really sure what they can do to get themselves out of this pickle. They’re gonna have to pick a “side” or find a perfect compromise. I’m just not sure if that compromise exists. Neither “side” seems willing to give on anything. It’s going to take a very talented and attentive team to please the majority of both fanbases.
> >
> > The thing is you’re right. We, the fans, have to do our part too. If we don’t work together to calmly talk our issues out then it won’t matter what “side” wins and could spell the end of the franchise. This is a “last straw” type of moment for 343i, but at the end of the day all they can do is make the best game they can.
> >
> > It’s been a rough 6 years for them, but I think they have the experience now to turn this around and make things right again. I do have faith in them though, as we should all try to do.
> >
> > Some things that could go a long way towards making players happy and capturing a larger fanbase at launch.
> > - Excellent campaign with good writing and level design. - Good selection of multiplayer features and content (Theater, Maps, Gametypes, Forge, Content Browser). - Plentiful casual and competitive play spaces.
>
> What about a file share?

Should go without saying that a File Share is included in the Content Browser.

> 2533274798531256;10:
> > 2533274818470226;1:
> > The Halo community seems to be very divided nowadays in regards to all things about the franchise. Some people prefer the classic art style, some people prefer the new art style. Some people prefer the classic gameplay, some people prefer the new gameplay. Some people dislike the new stories, some people like the new stories. And the thing is that 343 as a company can’t just pander to one side and neglect the other, whatever side it may be (unless it’s a huge portion of the audience). They, as a company, need to make a game that pleases as many players as possible.
>
> I think in a way you are very right, and in a way you are wrong. This narrative that the Halo community is split 50/50 or anywhere close to 50/50 on original mechanics vs. modern mechanics is a complete fabrication or a failure to analyze data correctly.
> To expand on that, I’d like to point out that any poles done on Halowaypoint.com are going to be largely skewed in favor of modern game-play mechanics. In general, the vast majority of people who are still playing Halo 5 and participating in this forum discussion are tolerable if not favorable to the modern mechanics.
> Taking into consideration that 343 stopped giving us information on active player counts when the number fell below 10k, its well within reason to assume that there are much less than 10,000 people currently playing Halo at any given time.
> Yet, every Halo game absolutely kills it in sales. That is because everyone with an xbox buys Halo! I’m sure I’m not alone in saying that the only reason I have an xbox is because of Halo, yet I’ve probably played less than 50 hours total between Halo4 and Halo5. I’m not alone. I might be on here, but I’m not alone. Any discussion about Halo’s mechanics outside of Halowaypoint is very skewed in favor of people who hate the newer/modern mechanics. I strongly encourage anyone who disagrees with me to go onto any gaming forum or reddit that has no relation to Halo specifically and ask people what their opinion on original vs. modern mechanics is. It will be 80/20 or greater in favor of original mechanics, unless you are on a forum dedicated to teenagers who arent even old enough to remember original mechanics.
>
> To conclude, I strongly disagree that there is a 50/50 split in the community over this. The overwhelming majority of Halo fans want a Halo game; not a blend of every shooter ever made, with a space theme and a spartan to call it Halo. That may not be a popular opinion on this forum, but I think anyone with the mental ability to follow my chain of reasoning throughout the length of this post would agree that the popular opinion on Halowaypoint is not reflective of the overall opinion of the Halo fanbase.
>
> If it was, Halo 6 would only sell 20,000 copies instead of 5Million+

The only problem comes in when you start to consider how many original trilogy players are still fans. A lot of people who played Halo back in the day have moved on. While a return to classic mechanics would bring some of them back I’m not sure it would bring as many as you think. The question at the end of the day is if the amount of players it’d bring back is enough to make up the amount of new players it would alienate.

> 2533274819030629;12:
> While a return to classic mechanics would bring some of them back I’m not sure it would bring as many as you think. The question at the end of the day is if the amount of players it’d bring back is enough to make up the amount of new players it would alienate.

I hope they come back, but I think their biggest fan base will be the ones who buy a new Halo game no matter if it’s classic or modern gameplay. I also think this Halo could potentially be the biggest seller regardless of the gameplay style because people will want to try out an open world game if that’s the direction they’re going since it’s something different. Whether the majority of the population stays after or does an H4 will be telling if it’s a success or not.

I agree, they must be diligent in development of both story and gameplay, with no arbitrary gameplay changes or plotlines like Infinite’s predecessors. They should not release as many story details prior to launch like they did with Halo 5. I would wait in the drought as long as it takes, as long as the product is thoroughly polished, full of content, and fun like a good Halo game should be. 343 really needs Infinite to be not but a step, but a leap in the right direction. The best case scenario for Infinite is that it not only pleases both sides of the community, but draws in the vets who built Halo’s fanbase and who also stopped playing after Reach, as well as newcomers alike. This can be done through an excellent campaign, fairstarts in multiplayer, pleasing competitives and casuals alike by melding new and old gameplay elements to create a unique, fun, and replayable experience, and no lack of content or detestable server quality at launch. The story should draw heavy inspiration from the original trilogy in the right areas, but still be a brand new and interesting story with an epicness that sets a precedent for further games. This Halo has a lot riding on it, not only for 343 and the community, but for the franchise itself.

> 2533274844258015;14:
> I agree, they must be diligent in development of both story and gameplay, with no arbitrary gameplay changes or plotlines like Infinite’s predecessors. They should not release as many story details prior to launch like they did with Halo 5. I would wait in the drought as long as it takes, as long as the product is thoroughly polished, full of content, and fun like a good Halo game should be. 343 really needs Infinite to be not but a step, but a leap in the right direction. The best case scenario for Infinite is that it not only pleases both sides of the community, but draws in the vets who built Halo’s fanbase and who also stopped playing after Reach, as well as newcomers alike. This can be done through an excellent campaign, fairstarts in multiplayer, pleasing competitives and casuals alike by melding new and old gameplay elements to create a unique, fun, and replayable experience, and no lack of content or detestable server quality at launch. The story should draw heavy inspiration from the original trilogy in the right areas, but still be a brand new and interesting story with an epicness that sets a precedent for further games. This Halo has a lot riding on it, not only for 343 and the community, but for the franchise itself.

nailed it!

> 2533274944752684;2:
> > 2533274818470226;1:
> >
> > 343 has also had some polarising launches with their games. MCC launched with many matchmaking problems, H5 launched with a sub-par story and barebones content with planned DLC to “expand it’s lifespan”. While a lot of fans are still here, some have abandoned the franchise due these things, and for others Halo Infinite will dictate wether or not they will stay. Infinite could also possibly bring back older fans if done correctly.
> >
> > With 343 being a part of Microsoft Studios, I would imagine there’s also pressure on the corporate side of things, possibly regarding release dates and sales and other stuff.
> >
> > This is why I think 343 are in a though spot. They really need to take their time to strategise on how they can make the best game they can, while pleasing the most players they can while not deviating from their vision. To some players, they are in need of proving themselves as a studio that not only can make a great game, but also a great Halo game.
> >
> > With all this said, I imagine the slipspace engine was probably not the only thing delaying Infinite’s production and release.
> >
> > I hope 343 takes their time to think things through and make a fantastic Halo game. Please don’t rush the game or overwork yourselves. Take all the time you need.
> >
> > PS: We as a community should also think things through. If we all express our opinions in a calm, direct and well informed manner, with well presented arguments we will all benefit from it, regardless of what “side” of the discussion we are on. Sometimes I see people insulting each other and there is no need for that. We all like Halo, guys.
>
> Preach my friend, preach!
>
> We’d all rather have the greatest Halo game of all time in 2021 rather than a “meh” game in 2019. 343 needs to make this perfect.

Ummmm I’d rather not wait another 3 years and some change for the next halo game.3 years was the usual cycle and I’ll even be OK with 4 and a half or even 5 years,but now your suggesting another additional year…I hope that doesn’t come to pass

> 2533274889350043;9:
> > 2535460843083983;6:
> > I don’t think they are. It’s really quite simple: Make. A. Halo. Game.
> >
> > Create loneliness. Have the player feel like Master Chief is the only one of his kind, and the only one who can do what he does, even with Spartan IV’s around. Halo 4 did this extremely well. Make clear differences between the player and other Spartans.
> >
> > Have Chief kill alens and doesn’t afraid of anything, on Installation 07 this time. Real easy. Have bro-tier Marines that you tower over and they say cool one-liners from time to time. Put ‘rule of cool’ above needless exposition dumps and practicality, put subtlety above in-your-face over the top cutscene action, maybe throw some Brutes into the mix.
> >
> > Give Blue Team proper side character roles and you have to play a specific missions in order to encounter specific Spartans from Blue Team. Show them scarcely, show them do feats they are known for in the lore when they are shown, and do it without cutscenes.
>
> That’d be nice if this were Bungie era Halo games. You can make a Halo game without the cheesy one liners (Halo Reach and Halo 4). We literally just got a game that had little to no character campaign wise. This campaign needs visit Chief and his coming to terms with his humanity again. It made absolutely no sense that Chief went from questioning himself at the end of 4 but went back to being a soldier once again that just went after the mission. You had a full character arc about him evolving as a person for it to lead nowhere.
>
> Chief needs a challenge is this game, he doesn’t need to be someone who walks through an enemy force (Created, Prometheans, Forerunner, Flood or Banished). He needs a true challenge in this game.
>
> I agree about the mysterious nature and subtlety in some areas.
>
> You can make a “Halo game” without being a cheesy, predictable campaign. Give characters true personalities, there has to be a reason for me to care about the characters. The most serious campaign in the series (Reach), is the game where I truly felt like the Covenant were a threat. You can be serious and mysterious without it not being a Halo game.

Yeah but a lot of that threat imo was played out more in cutscenes then actual in game fights

> 2533274830166194;16:
> > 2533274944752684;2:
> > > 2533274818470226;1:
> > > The Halo community seems to be very divided nowadays in regards to all things about the franchise. Some people prefer the classic art style, some people prefer the new art style. Some people prefer the classic gameplay, some people prefer the new gameplay. Some people dislike the new stories, some people like the new stories. And the thing is that 343 as a company can’t just pander to one side and neglect the other, whatever side it may be (unless it’s a huge portion of the audience). They, as a company, need to make a game that pleases as many players as possible.
> > >
> > > 343 has also had some polarising launches with their games. MCC launched with many matchmaking problems, H5 launched with a sub-par story and barebones content with planned DLC to “expand it’s lifespan”. While a lot of fans are still here, some have abandoned the franchise due these things, and for others Halo Infinite will dictate wether or not they will stay. Infinite could also possibly bring back older fans if done correctly.
> > >
> > > With 343 being a part of Microsoft Studios, I would imagine there’s also pressure on the corporate side of things, possibly regarding release dates and sales and other stuff.
> > >
> > > This is why I think 343 are in a though spot. They really need to take their time to strategise on how they can make the best game they can, while pleasing the most players they can while not deviating from their vision. To some players, they are in need of proving themselves as a studio that not only can make a great game, but also a great Halo game.
> > >
> > > With all this said, I imagine the slipspace engine was probably not the only thing delaying Infinite’s production and release.
> > >
> > > I hope 343 takes their time to think things through and make a fantastic Halo game. Please don’t rush the game or overwork yourselves. Take all the time you need.
> > >
> > > PS: We as a community should also think things through. If we all express our opinions in a calm, direct and well informed manner, with well presented arguments we will all benefit from it, regardless of what “side” of the discussion we are on. Sometimes I see people insulting each other and there is no need for that. We all like Halo, guys.
> >
> > Preach my friend, preach!
> >
> > We’d all rather have the greatest Halo game of all time in 2021 rather than a “meh” game in 2019. 343 needs to make this perfect.
>
> Ummmm I’d rather not wait another 3 years and some change for the next halo game.3 years was the usual cycle and I’ll even be OK with 4 and a half or even 5 years,but now your suggesting another additional year…I hope that doesn’t come to pass

We all don’t like waiting, but we really don’t like an incomplete or mediocre game either.

But I have faith in 343. I think they can pull it off before 2021.

> 2533274944752684;18:
> > 2533274830166194;16:
> > > 2533274944752684;2:
> > > > 2533274818470226;1:
> > > > The Halo community seems to be very divided nowadays in regards to all things about the franchise. Some people prefer the classic art style, some people prefer the new art style. Some people prefer the classic gameplay, some people prefer the new gameplay. Some people dislike the new stories, some people like the new stories. And the thing is that 343 as a company can’t just pander to one side and neglect the other, whatever side it may be (unless it’s a huge portion of the audience). They, as a company, need to make a game that pleases as many players as possible.
> > > >
> > > > 343 has also had some polarising launches with their games. MCC launched with many matchmaking problems, H5 launched with a sub-par story and barebones content with planned DLC to “expand it’s lifespan”. While a lot of fans are still here, some have abandoned the franchise due these things, and for others Halo Infinite will dictate wether or not they will stay. Infinite could also possibly bring back older fans if done correctly.
> > > >
> > > > With 343 being a part of Microsoft Studios, I would imagine there’s also pressure on the corporate side of things, possibly regarding release dates and sales and other stuff.
> > > >
> > > > This is why I think 343 are in a though spot. They really need to take their time to strategise on how they can make the best game they can, while pleasing the most players they can while not deviating from their vision. To some players, they are in need of proving themselves as a studio that not only can make a great game, but also a great Halo game.
> > > >
> > > > With all this said, I imagine the slipspace engine was probably not the only thing delaying Infinite’s production and release.
> > > >
> > > > I hope 343 takes their time to think things through and make a fantastic Halo game. Please don’t rush the game or overwork yourselves. Take all the time you need.
> > > >
> > > > PS: We as a community should also think things through. If we all express our opinions in a calm, direct and well informed manner, with well presented arguments we will all benefit from it, regardless of what “side” of the discussion we are on. Sometimes I see people insulting each other and there is no need for that. We all like Halo, guys.
> > >
> > > Preach my friend, preach!
> > >
> > > We’d all rather have the greatest Halo game of all time in 2021 rather than a “meh” game in 2019. 343 needs to make this perfect.
> >
> > Ummmm I’d rather not wait another 3 years and some change for the next halo game.3 years was the usual cycle and I’ll even be OK with 4 and a half or even 5 years,but now your suggesting another additional year…I hope that doesn’t come to pass
>
> We all don’t like waiting, but we really don’t like an incomplete or mediocre game either.
>
> But I have faith in 343. I think they can pull it off before 2021.

oh yea definitely 2019 at earliest

> 2533274830166194;17:
> > 2533274889350043;9:
> > > 2535460843083983;6:
> > > I don’t think they are. It’s really quite simple: Make. A. Halo. Game.
> > >
> > > Create loneliness. Have the player feel like Master Chief is the only one of his kind, and the only one who can do what he does, even with Spartan IV’s around. Halo 4 did this extremely well. Make clear differences between the player and other Spartans.
> > >
> > > Have Chief kill alens and doesn’t afraid of anything, on Installation 07 this time. Real easy. Have bro-tier Marines that you tower over and they say cool one-liners from time to time. Put ‘rule of cool’ above needless exposition dumps and practicality, put subtlety above in-your-face over the top cutscene action, maybe throw some Brutes into the mix.
> > >
> > > Give Blue Team proper side character roles and you have to play a specific missions in order to encounter specific Spartans from Blue Team. Show them scarcely, show them do feats they are known for in the lore when they are shown, and do it without cutscenes.
> >
> > That’d be nice if this were Bungie era Halo games. You can make a Halo game without the cheesy one liners (Halo Reach and Halo 4). We literally just got a game that had little to no character campaign wise. This campaign needs visit Chief and his coming to terms with his humanity again. It made absolutely no sense that Chief went from questioning himself at the end of 4 but went back to being a soldier once again that just went after the mission. You had a full character arc about him evolving as a person for it to lead nowhere.
> >
> > Chief needs a challenge is this game, he doesn’t need to be someone who walks through an enemy force (Created, Prometheans, Forerunner, Flood or Banished). He needs a true challenge in this game.
> >
> > I agree about the mysterious nature and subtlety in some areas.
> >
> > You can make a “Halo game” without being a cheesy, predictable campaign. Give characters true personalities, there has to be a reason for me to care about the characters. The most serious campaign in the series (Reach), is the game where I truly felt like the Covenant were a threat. You can be serious and mysterious without it not being a Halo game.
>
> Yeah but a lot of that threat imo was played out more in cutscenes then actual in game fights

Depends on the situation. Reach’s cutscenes made you feel hopeless but the Covenant was actually a terrifying force in that game. Grunts didn’t sound like little kids, elites weren’t going “wort wort wort” or sounding ridiculous screaming after being killed, jackals and skirmishers were fast, and brutes were ruthless by going after civilians.

You don’t have to be childish to be a Halo game. One liners were cool back then, but go back and hearing them today is just weird. It doesn’t make sense for some Marine to be cracking jokes when the Covenant invaded Earth and is so close to pushing you to extinction.

The story needs to be solid with the mysterious and isolated feel of a Halo ring, a great enemy to fight, and be memorable. I don’t remember anything that happened in 5 other than that I’ve section with running down the Guardian. That’s the only thing that stood out in 5.

Infinite needs to do it’s own thing, not be Halo 3’s campaign all over again.