343 says Halo 5 has better graphics than the Order

Halo 5: Guardians has better graphics than the Order 1886

proof

343i has removed the post I believe so the source can’t be found anymore, but several, I mean SEVERAL videos about their post still remain viral.

Well it should, it comes out several months after The Order.

Halo also runs smoother and has more depth to its gameplay environment. I would hope they try to squeeze as much graphical power as they can.

Thing about 1886 is that game is in 30 FPS, Halo 5 will be in 60 FPS. But why wouldn’t it? The cinematics should look better also because hell Blur is making the Halo 5 cinematics.

Also why is this even a topic?

[deleted]

> 2533274836080832;5:
> It better be. Order is 30fps with close to CGI 2009 halo wars so if this guy with no source and a cool cap is correct, we can applaud 343 for their engineering marvel!

i hope you ar not making fun of me

> 2533274795440338;4:
> Thing about 1886 is that game is in 30 FPS, Halo 5 will be in 60 FPS. But why wouldn’t it? The cinematics should look better also because hell Blur is making the Halo 5 cinematics.
>
> Also why is this even a topic?

The Halo 5 cinematics will be cgi???Badass!

[deleted]

> 2533274836080832;8:
> > 2533274952179659;6:
> > > 2533274836080832;5:
> > > It better be. Order is 30fps with close to CGI 2009 halo wars so if this guy with no source and a cool cap is correct, we can applaud 343 for their engineering marvel!
> >
> >
> >
> > i hope you ar not making fun of me
>
>
> Absolutely not my friend, if anyone is being made fun of in these forums it’s me because for some reason people just sorta hate me here but ill stick around…I just got my friend to read it and he says i implied that the guy in the video is not to be trusted as i said he has no source and a cool cap. I just speak differently, that’s all my friend i didn’t mean it like that.
>
> I heard about this rumour a long time ago and was reaaaaly excited given how good the order looks at freaking 30fps. Double that 60fps and open world WITH blur cinematic…i’ll be “sick” for a looooooooooong time from work!

You know spark, can I call you spark? Anyway, although I do see you getting the odd bit of information wrong, I think your eccentricities bring a little bit of colour to these dull and grey forums. I find the way you phrase things to be quite witty and quirky, if not a little immature, but still, I enjoy reading your posts. I’m sorry all the grumpy users on here have given you a hard time, they just don’t know how to have fun. Seriously a lot of very funny, well written posts on here get slated for being non-constructive, unfortunately these forums are a tad like the USSR (communist Russia). Ok they’re not that bad, but still some of the rules are a little OTT.

And so I don’t get banned for simply being a nice guy and trying to make an alienated forum member feel more welcome…

On topic: The graphics for the almost a year early beta blew me away, seriously the H5 beta was one of the best looking games I’ve played, and I was a beta! I remember what the Halo 4 graphics looked like in the early vidocs, and there was a noticeable improvement in the final game. And from the gameplay I’ve seen from The Order, he’ll yeah Halo 5 is gonna look -Yoink!-.

The order of Microsoft or The Order the game?
Both is good cause I dont care for the game.

That link you posted is from August 2014… so yeah, given that The Order is just 30 fps I wouldn’t get too hyped… doesn’t however mean that H5 campaign won’t look breathtaking because I’m sure it will!

I will laugh at anyone who believes the PR-driven bullcrap that Halo 5 - a game that runs at 60 FPS on the Xbox One - will supposedly have better graphics than a title that will run at 30 FPS on the PlayStation 4. Perhaps it might look better in terms of framerate and overall smoothness - but that’s the caveat; The Xbox One will be struggling to render twice the amount of frames than any other title, so on a per-frame basis I very much doubt that the visual fidelity will be anywhere near as a title that runs at 30 FPS.

I actually believe it since Halo 5 (speculation) is being developed with Dx12. Now don’t start giving me the quotes from Mr. Spencer. We have seen Dx12 increase Framerate by 600% on PC, so if it can increase the framerate on Xbox one by say even 50% thats still a large jump. Not to mention Halo 5 is an exclusive and 343i with the help of Dx12 and more recent APIs will allow them to code closer to the metal. Its possible Halo 5 will utilize cloud computing (would like to see what crackdown has in store with that), tiled resources (utilizing the esram with more efficiency and packing in which I think was 8gb of tiles in 16mb of esram), more efficient cpu core usage etc. This will A. Jump the FPS from 30 to 60 easily, and possibly allow 343 to maximize pixel quality at 1080p. My speculation, don’t hate but I can see this happening.

^ Sry but you don’t understand DX12 benefits at all… it’s definitely not an increase of framerate by 600% - the demo was about CPU usage - and most of the DX12 features are already in the box, so please don’t be unrealistic.

I highly highly doubt that H5 will even be 1080p.

We’ve already played the Beta and while that build will obviously improve the final build will not be fundamentally different.
The campaign might look better… unless there are huge vistas that bring the fidelity down.

It’s sad that people care about the graphics of a console game.

> 2533274793332039;14:
> ^ Sry but you don’t understand DX12 benefits at all… it’s definitely not an increase of framerate by 600% - the demo was about CPU usage - and most of the DX12 features are already in the box, so please don’t be unrealistic.
>
> I highly highly doubt that H5 will even be 1080p.
>
> We’ve already played the Beta and while that build will obviously improve the final build will not be fundamentally different.
> The campaign might look better… unless there are huge vistas that bring the fidelity down.

Actually there is an increase on some benchmarks by 300-600% (3-6x the framerate) I am not being unrealistic. I said maybe a 50% increase. For example 30fps x 1.5 = 45 just by coding in dx12. So not unrealistic

> 2533274809687497;16:
> > 2533274793332039;14:
> > ^ Sry but you don’t understand DX12 benefits at all… it’s definitely not an increase of framerate by 600% - the demo was about CPU usage - and most of the DX12 features are already in the box, so please don’t be unrealistic.
> >
> > I highly highly doubt that H5 will even be 1080p.
> >
> > We’ve already played the Beta and while that build will obviously improve the final build will not be fundamentally different.
> > The campaign might look better… unless there are huge vistas that bring the fidelity down.
>
>
>
> Actually there is an increase on some benchmarks by 300-600% (3-6x the framerate) I am not being unrealistic. I said maybe a 50% increase. For example 30fps x 1.5 = 45 just by coding in dx12. So not unrealistic

Again, like what TrueBlueHero said: DirectX 12 is all about reducing overhead - though like AMD’s mantle most of the gains will be seen on CPU bound instructions as opposed to those on the GPU. The benefits of DX12 will be marginal for the rendering capabilities of the console’s GPU - and even then, DX12 is already on the Xbox One, so the increase in performance is already as practically best as it can be.

> 2533274881015020;17:
> > 2533274809687497;16:
> > > 2533274793332039;14:
> > > ^ Sry but you don’t understand DX12 benefits at all… it’s definitely not an increase of framerate by 600% - the demo was about CPU usage - and most of the DX12 features are already in the box, so please don’t be unrealistic.
> > >
> > > I highly highly doubt that H5 will even be 1080p.
> > >
> > > We’ve already played the Beta and while that build will obviously improve the final build will not be fundamentally different.
> > > The campaign might look better… unless there are huge vistas that bring the fidelity down.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Actually there is an increase on some benchmarks by 300-600% (3-6x the framerate) I am not being unrealistic. I said maybe a 50% increase. For example 30fps x 1.5 = 45 just by coding in dx12. So not unrealistic
>
>
>
> Again, like what TrueBlueHero said: DirectX 12 is all about reducing overhead - though like AMD’s mantle most of the gains will be seen on CPU bound instructions as opposed to those on the GPU. The benefits of DX12 will be marginal for the rendering capabilities of the console’s GPU - and even then, DX12 is already on the Xbox One, so the increase in performance is already as practically best as it can be.

I don’t want to argue about this but Direct x 12 is not on the xbox one yet. It comes with windows 10. Spencer said direct x 12 is coming to the xbox one this year along with windows 10. I am not saying it is going to reduce cpu overhead at the same intensity as a pc (since many features are already in the xbox one. But Full dx12 is being coded now with fable legends. We see the difference in lighting etc. Now I am saying when developers (343 for example since they are exclusive to xbox), they will use dx12, which in turn can help with the framerate being at 60fps since cpu overhead will marginally be affected on the xbox one. Thats why i didn’t say the xbox will have the 300% increase in fps. Read the anantech article and what it has done for cpu bound processes on pc. Rumours have it that games will become more cpu bound on console as well and also the gnu isn’t being fed enough by cpus currently. DX12 helps with that on pc and will probably help on xbox one (at a much lesser degree but a noticeable one overtime). Xbox is called xbox for a reason (x=directx box) its the main graphics api for it and it currently runs dx11.

Anyways my 2 cents. I hope they use the resources for better AI and larger sandboxes rather than graphics to be honest.

also i don’t want to hijack this post and turn it into a dx12 argument so I’m done talking about it lol

343 is approaching molenyuex levels of lying, misrepresentation and deception.