343.. Read this so I know Its Real.

After watching the first video on halo4 I had a few things that were really bugging me. I heard one man in the video say they had to figure out what to throw away and what to add. ??? Are you kidding me? Your not re-writing american history here pal. You cant just throw away a part of a story that the fans have known since day one?.

Its not YOUR GAME… Its OUR game… the fans game. You as a creator should know that NOTHING you create is for you, it does not belong to you it belongs to the fans. Your job is to contribute to the legacy. thats it. nothing more , nothing less. Some more things were very interesting in the video… Your exc producer said that you wanted to take the halo name and make it “yours”… Why ? so you can all pat yourself’s on the back and say , look at me… halo is mine?.. When the creator makes it for himself , the fan who spends time and money suffers. It was very obvious in ODST that your studios had a lot of influence in the game… Maybe the reason why it is the WORST halo game outside dash… which is still a debate. You just had to put the stupid visor from ODST in it didn’t ya? could improvise and be a little more original than that?.. and… assuming you dont decide to say , guess what… there are more spartians… how do you explain all the new new gear? He has been asleep, in space ,… for a long long time… Who tested the armor and weapons for the spartan that as far as the universe thought… no more were alive? There are serious holes in your game and it has not even been released yet… Are you banking on all the illegal game sales to minor who dont know better?..

Anyways , end of my thoughts… im going back to reach where I will undoubtable be Lagswitched against , team killed and temp banned because of the lag switchers dropping games…

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

You sir… are a waste of time.

343 knows what they are doing so stop complaining and pre-order the game.

well seeing as how all of 343 is pretty much fans of halo…

but anyways there not talking about the story line, more along the lines of gameplay among other things.

and about the serious holes in plot. why don’t you read glasslands or some of the other books and you will realize it all makes sense

And another thing ODST was a great game overpriced but still a very good game

Relevant

How do you go from criticizing (apparently) 343’s changes to the game, to bashing ODST (with nothing to back up your points), to somehow saying it doesn’t make sense canonically to have other Spartans besides the Chief (I believe you mean the Spartan IV’s)?

I really can’t figure out what you’re saying, except that you don’t like Halo 4.

Trust 343i, they know what they are doing. I stopped reading when you said “Its OUR game”. Most limited post ever.

There are other Spartans other than chief. Someone doesn’t know much about Halo.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

> Trust 343i, they know what they are doing. I stopped reading when you said “Its OUR game”. Most limited post ever.

It is our game you idiot… Who do you think they are making it for? themselves? the troll under the bridge? how do you know they know what they are doing? what games have you played that they have made? As soon as you take a creative writing, journalism , or start contributing to anything for public sale you will learn a valuable rule… Its not yours it does not matter what you like , its what the fans like because they are the ones buying it… Moron.

I stopped reading when you said “Its OUR game”.
[/quote]
Yeah and i did something wrong:P

And the comments from the little kids on this post just prove my point even more… it will be a kid based game for little boys who flame posts on forums…

You Mad bro?

> …I heard one man in the video say they had to figure out what to throw away and what to add. …

Um, that was Frank O’Conner. You know, the man IN CHARGE of this whole thing…Or Maybe you didn’t know.

He’s been with Halo since it was with Bungie. He’s very passionate about the franchise.

As far as who owns Halo? Well, from a legal standpoint, Microsoft does. Much as we fans want to claim ownership, we don’t have it. We are inexorably tied to it and of course are what helps keep it going. That in and of itself though does not imply ownership.

Heck, I’d like to say I have a stake in Halo too. Beyond the games I’ve collected the toys, have all the books and graphic novels, clothing, posters, etc. Even with all that I do not “own” Halo. I own merchandise brought forth from the game franchise, but not the license itself.

As is evident from these forums, there are many fans who would love to be in own the creative development and decision making of the Halo franchise. Dare I say I’m glad they aren’t for the most part. Yes, there are some good ideas presented, however many are not.

The only way I can see any of us affecting the game franchise is to follow a similar path as those who are currently at 343 did. Hard work, earn a degree in game development, have experience, then and MAYBE then you might be lucky enough to be chosen to work for them.

It’s a rare few who are outside of that formula who work for 343 now. Really the only one I can think of off the top of my head is BS Angel. Even then, she had a top Halo related Blog and was a community leader for a long time. I don’t know of any other experience she may have, so I can’t speak to that. Suffice to say she is a recognizable entity within the Halo fan community, so I’d guess it made sense for 343 to pick her to run the official blog.

Anyway, CHAN9E, you may or may not like the direction the franchise is going. I suspect you’re still going to play the game anyway. Realize for yourself though that trying to ruffle 343’s feathers is not the way to get things done.

Respectfully,
HFFL

at the rank “master chief” he is the last. have you read the books?

I cant believe I just read this… this guy is so stupid I might just cry…

> > Trust 343i, they know what they are doing. I stopped reading when you said “Its OUR game”. Most limited post ever.
>
> It is our game you idiot… Who do you think they are making it for? themselves? the troll under the bridge? <mark>how do you know they know what they are doing?</mark> what games have you played that they have made? As soon as you take a creative writing, journalism , or start contributing to anything for public sale you will learn a valuable rule… Its not yours it does not matter what you like , its what the fans like because they are the ones buying it… Moron.

How do you know they don’t know what they are doing? We haven’t played a game entirely by 343i.

The replies on this thread…

> > …I heard one man in the video say they had to figure out what to throw away and what to add. …
>
> Anyway, CHAN9E, you may or may not like the direction the franchise is going. I suspect you’re still going to play the game anyway. Realize for yourself though that trying to ruffle 343’s feathers is not the way to get things done.
>
> Respectfully,
> HFFL

Exactly, the way to get things done is to look at everything from a calm and reasonable perspective and then judge. After this, you must go forth with SPARTAN lasers and BRs and get Killtaculars. These two steps WILL get things done.

> And the comments from the little kids on this post just prove my point even more… it will be a kid based game for little boys who flame posts on forums…
>
> You Mad bro?

Flame posts on forums… Nobody’s flaming, I just have no idea what you’re talking about, your OP doesn’t make sense.

Calm down. He meant game mechanics, weapons, etc.

> at the rank “master chief” he is the last. have you read the books?

You are a poop stain.

I have read all the books and it mentions lots of other spartans.

CAN YOU READ? O.o

I feel sorry for you. I really do.

I have no intentions of insulting you so take it as you wish, but your thoughts have no merit to them. No argument, you literally have put no intellectual thought into your post.

I pity you.