343 Reach's Classic Playlist is failing. I know how to FIX it!!!

The gameplay is still too slow. Sorry but it is.

The population for this playlist is also pathetic, the current population a mere 280 on a Thursday.

Here is what needs to happen for this playlist (and Reach to succeed in the future)

1. Ranked Classic added to Arena

2. 90% Shield and Health Resistance, 110% Damage and 75% Melee added to all 4v4 Classic variants

3. Individual Weapon/Vehicle Settings added to Custom Games in a Title Update

I wouldn’t hold your breath on a Title Update. In the 10 months since Reach’s release, there hasn’t been a single breath of hope in that department. Plus, they’ve already put a significant investment of effort into the classic playlist, and it still remains unpopular.

I suggest giving up on a ‘fix’ to Halo Reach.

> I wouldn’t hold your breath on a Title Update. In the 10 months since Reach’s release, there hasn’t been a single breath of hope in that department. Plus, they’ve already put a significant investment of effort into the classic playlist, and it still remains unpopular.
>
> I suggest giving up on a ‘fix’ to Halo Reach.

I agree. The game can’t be “fixed” with the in game options alone. To give it a true classic feel, you would need faster kill times, no bloom, and a fixed rate of fire. I’m not counting on it.

to be honest one of the biggest reasons i don’t play on classic is because i just grow tired of playing on the same 3 maps (noble creek, eclipse, and magus) and not having armor abilities. the gameplay changes made are fantastic and just feel right, its just i miss the AAs and non-forge world map variety.

if they made a classic playlist with normal maps i would play it forever

I really just think they should just make a Halo 3 playlist, I’m not even joking.

I think the real problem with the classic playlist is that everyone disagrees about what the classic feel is.

IMO, Rifles don’t belong. So when people started voting for rifle games all the time, I said eff this, and I left the playlist, never to return.

It’s the same concept, people who like rifles probably left the playlist because something else didn’t feel “classic” to them.

I like the other settings though, the movement speed, jump, power… I use those settings in my custom games now, the run speed especially makes crossing hemorrhage on foot bearable.

The Classic Playlist was a failure?

:frowning:

I really enjoyed that playlist when it first arrived. I just don’t have the chance to play it because I prefer to play Reach with friends and they all prefer something other than Classic.

Um, first of all, this was all bungie and the community.

Second, your mindset of classic isn’t the same as everybody else’s. If you don’t feel it’s classic enough, message
Xx Overkill Vr on bungie.net or post in the classic gametype master thread in the optimatch section of bungie’s forum.

> The gameplay is still too slow. Sorry but it is.
>
> The population for this playlist is also pathetic, the current population a mere 280 on a Thursday.
>
> Here is what needs to happen for this playlist (and Reach to succeed in the future)
>
> 1) Ranked Classic added to Arena
>
> 2) 90% Shield and Health Resistance, 110% Damage and 75% Melee added to all 4v4 Classic variants
>
> 3) Individual Weapon/Vehicle Settings added to Custom Games in a Title Update

is the current shield and health resistance at 100%? the last thing we want to do is make grenades EVEN MORE powerful. right now you can literally throw a grenade and shoot someone one time in the foot with your pistol before the grenade explodes, and get a kill. with these changes it very well might make it a 1 grenade kill, and that could not be further from what people want.

i’d really like to see a 2 melee kill re-implemented. the only reason it was really bad was because of armor abilities (sprint and evade mostly) you didnt even have to shoot, you could just run up and melee twice because a lot of the time shooting simply isnt viable against your sprint + melee + melee strategy, or evade + melee + melee strategy. in classic, if someone runs up to you for the double melee, you can just walk backwards so its not a problem in the least to have a 2 melee kill.

i guess its still pretty fun embarrassing people by getting 3 melee kills tho lol.

honestly, maybe these settings could work a lot better if they just removed frags altogether, and replaced them with stickies. seems like it could work :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course it’s failing. Reach isn’t mean to play like other Halo games. It’s meant to play like Reach.

It is fine how it is but it needs more maps thats all.

I managed to play some Classic this week. It was great! I really loved it. It feels competitive to me. But not how other Halo: Reach games feel competitive. It was this old feeling of competitiveness that I can’t explain.

You can fix the playlist by getting rid of it, along with about ten other ones. It’s never going to work, and, if my eight ball is right, will probably be obsolete by the fall anyway. Take a couple of the better classic map renderings (High Noon, Eclipse, Hydra) and drop them into regular matchmaking.

Honestly, I would play team classic if it wasn’t for the maps. Forge world maps are just ugly and they are all indoors.
If you put Power House or Reflection in there, I’d probably quit Squad Slayer and play that instead.

Even aside from the visuals, Prophet and Prolonged are just terrible remakes. And Wizard was never a good map to begin with. Pretty much every game I play one of those three win the vote.

:frowning:

I thought those maps were quite decent.

Midship/Heretic is awesome, it was just butchered in Prophet with major spawn and sightline issues.

With all the other dumb gameplay mechanics it’s no wonder to me why its failing. There should also be more options in the way of gametypes. Rifles are fun, but its also good to mix things up a bit.

In my opinion Halo Reach does not need a TU. However one thing that can be fixed about Team CLassic isnt the gametype its the maps Spawns they are so bad!