343, PLEASE "RELEASE" HALO 3!

And by release i mean make the DLC free, or half the price, or remove the ridiculous All DLC Requirement from Halo 3. Every newer Halo game does not have this requirement why should a 5+ years old game have it? Please reconsider this and let us play Halo 3!

1. The DLC has achievements tied to it, it’s not going to be free.

2. The DLC is currently heavily discounted, giving many the opportunity to experience the fun of those maps at a good price.

3. Halo 3 was famous for catering to those who actually purchased the additional content over those that didn’t. I see no reason why I should lose out because you don’t want to pay.

4. The game isn’t even free, you’re still paying for your Xbox Live subscription and your Internet. Paying an additional 15-20 dollars isn’t going to hurt and if it is I recommend you stick to the non DLC required sections.

1. I didn’t only say to be free, i also asked to remove the DLC Requirement if the first is not possible.

2. 12 bucks is not heavily discounted for a 5+ years old game. In addition, they are obligated to have low prices because it’s the only game ever to have 85% of it’s playlists locked to those who don’t have DLC. It’s extremely ridiculous.

3. I see no reason why i also lose because back in 2007 i bought the game for 50 bucks, so i am losing; they should not give it free.

4. You mean the 3 playlists? Oh, i see.

12 dollars IS heavily discounted. be happy they made a discount at all.

When Halo 3 is released for free, both Mythic map packs will be $5.
Legendary (or Heroic?) will be $2.

While I’d prefer to have the DLC restrictions lifted off many of the playlists, I’m hoping that having Foundry for free will keep people playing Customs.

> 1) I didn’t only say to be free, i also asked to remove the DLC Requirement if the first is not possible.
>
> 2) 12 bucks is not heavily discounted for a 5+ years old game. In addition, they are obligated to have low prices because it’s the only game ever to have 85% of it’s playlists locked to those who don’t have DLC. It’s extremely ridiculous.
>
> 3) I see no reason why i also lose because back in 2007 i bought the game for 50 bucks, so i am losing; they should not give it free.
>
> 4) You mean the 3 playlists? Oh, i see.

12 dollars is a fantastic deal for those maps. Like I said, you don’t have to buy them. They aren’t going to make them any cheaper and 343 have already made it clear they’re not doing anything for the playlists. You either buy the DLC or you don’t, it’s really that simple.

They are not obligated to do ANYTHING other than what they’ve already stated, which is giving out the game free with the GoG promotion and giving the DLC a little discount. They’ve said nothing about changing the playlists and considering the game is released tomorrow and 343 have said nothing about it on the front page, I doubt they’re going to do that.

And before some smart guy decides to link me to that whole Major Nelson thing; don’t. I’ve lurked on these forums for a loooong time and I’ve seen a thing or two posted by various employees and I’ll repeat something BS Angel said once. Unless it’s on the front page or explicitly said by a 343 employee, take it with a pinch of salt. They may have had plans to do something, but since they’ve posted nothing I’m going to go ahead and say those plans didn’t happen.

I purchased the DLC and I would like to play it, having the playlists switch that off diminishes my chances of playing it. If ONE person in my game doesn’t have the maps then NOBODY can play them. I don’t see that as being fair in the slightest.

Oh, there’s only three playlists for non DLC users to play? Last time I checked that’s not my problem.

Halo 3 is released, thread’s headline is really dumb.

The servers need funded support you goof, how else could they keep them up and running? Downloadable Content is a very effective means of funding. Usually when the series and developer has a solid reputation.

> Unless it’s on the front page or explicitly said by a 343 employee, take it with a pinch of salt.

I laughed at this! You know, it reminds me of all the things they wrote on the front page and never did, or forgetted to do…anyways!