343 Please Release Accuracy stats/control&platform

Ok ill be straight foward , me and a dozens of technical test testers conducted test in match " when the lobby didnt break " and found that Controlers players on PC , XBOXSX AND XBOXSS had at least a 10 to 15% better accuracy stats than MKb Players on thise same platforms the average was like 38 to 50% for Mkb players and 48 to 60% + for controler players especially when using the BR .

So please can 343 release the stats per platform xbone , xboneX , Xbone Sx and SS and PC separatly per controle method MKB and Controlers …

We didn’t tested the original Xbone at 30fps

Is it possible to have 343 to release those tech test data per platform or is it under wrap ? Its clear that xbone at 30fps probably under perform Xseries x and s wich play at 120fps

I know it was only against bots but I’m pretty sure my average was around 60% with the sidekick over the weekend, on controller.

I usually have about 55% on H5 playing against people of similar skill, for reference.

To be fair it isn’t that simple. We don’t know the demographic of the users and if they played Halo before. Where are you pulling this data from?

Interesting take on it, because I found that aim assist with controllers were extremely down compared to ALL of the past halos. It never did feel correct, even though I was able to generate games of 20+ kills. Maybe that’s the point of the design to close the gap between mkb and controller, but It still is a little unsettling that it doesn’t feel anything like previous halos in regards to aiming with a controller.

> 2533274792737987;3:
> To be fair it isn’t that simple. We don’t know the demographic of the users and if they played Halo before. Where are you pulling this data from?

My own data come from our discord average with games played in quad ( when lobby were not breaking on us ) And from pretty much a dozens of Halo vets that played Halo since Halo 1 lan and Halo 2 MP most of them confortable on both MKB and Controlers … Also was confirmed with a sample of streamers

But we have no Idea how Xbone original compared at 30fps tho . but i would like to have the Raw data with the system used , and input method MKB and controlers , weapons used etc… and especially the accuracy achieved on average based on Inputs methods per platform …

I dont wish you have it all mixed , its important to have Only Xbox Series S and X in a sample , Only PC in a sample and only Xbone original and X in a sample

> 2533274792075066;5:
> > 2533274792737987;3:
> > To be fair it isn’t that simple. We don’t know the demographic of the users and if they played Halo before. Where are you pulling this data from?
>
> My own data come from our discord average with games played in quad ( when lobby were not breaking on us ) And from pretty much a dozens of Halo vets that played Halo since Halo 1 lan and Halo 2 MP most of them confortable on both MKB and Controlers … Also was confirmed with a sample of streamers
>
> But we have no Idea how Xbone original compared at 30fps tho . but i would like to have the Raw data with the system used , and input method MKB and controlers , weapons used etc… and especially the accuracy achieved on average based on Inputs methods per platform …
>
> I dont wish you have it all mixed , its important to have Only Xbox Series S and X in a sample , Only PC in a sample and only Xbone original and X in a sample

Your own data? Really? The data points that you got are severely skewed and that size of a pool is way too small to get an accurate depiction.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > 2533274792075066;5:
> > > > 2533274792737987;3:
> > > > To be fair it isn’t that simple. We don’t know the demographic of the users and if they played Halo before. Where are you pulling this data from?
> > >
> > > My own data come from our discord average with games played in quad ( when lobby were not breaking on us ) And from pretty much a dozens of Halo vets that played Halo since Halo 1 lan and Halo 2 MP most of them confortable on both MKB and Controlers … Also was confirmed with a sample of streamers
> > >
> > > But we have no Idea how Xbone original compared at 30fps tho . but i would like to have the Raw data with the system used , and input method MKB and controlers , weapons used etc… and especially the accuracy achieved on average based on Inputs methods per platform …
> > >
> > > I dont wish you have it all mixed , its important to have Only Xbox Series S and X in a sample , Only PC in a sample and only Xbone original and X in a sample
> >
> > Your own data? Really? The data points that you got are severely skewed and that size of a pool is way too small to get an accurate depiction.
>
> but I’m pretty sure my average was around 60% with the sidekick over the weekend, on controller.
>
> I usually have about 55% on H5 playing against people of similar skill, for reference.

Well this players was at least Honest enough to share his own accuracy average and he didnt lied about his Halo 5Accuracy so there is that and i dont see why he would lie now , we have compile around 300 games total and the controlers accuracy came 10% to 15% higher in the tech test in every games consistant and what Ken says here is also consistant with our finding … Facts> Narative

Also this is why i ask if 343 can release the Data because i aint afraid of it , i am 100% sure it will be consistant with that controlers on the techtest were at least in part or superior in terms of accuracy when compared to MKB …

Usually you find that the average kB&m player finds it harder to aim than a controller player, but the very top kB&m players find it much easier to aim than controller players.

If you make it easier for kB&m players to aim, the gap at the top becomes even greater.

> 2533274801036271;8:
> Usually you find that the average kB&m player finds it harder to aim than a controller player, but the very top kB&m players find it much easier to aim than controller players.
>
> If you make it easier for kB&m players to aim, the gap at the top becomes even greater.

If it was from me i would make a Halo game without any aim assist on controler but only put controler vs controlers in competitive match wich is what 343 are doing anyway ,beside the aim assist part

But i am really curious to see more wide scale data because so far among us everyones were doing from 10 to 15% better in terms of accuracy with controlers than with MKB and all players were pretty good players and everyones first time playing infinite wich we can expect everyones could improove wich make the gap even crazier lol !

But well at least thanks for your honesty

I have 58% accuracy with the magnum on halo 5. I felt my aim was worse than the streamers I watched using mouse and keyboard on the flight. My accuracy was around 55% in the flight, my sensitivity was 1.5 vertical, 1.5 horizontal, and aim acceleration at 1. Also put outer deadzone to zero. I use the same settings in halo 5 and elite controller.

> 2533274820483063;10:
> I have 58% accuracy with the magnum on halo 5. I felt my aim was worse than the streamers I watched using mouse and keyboard on the flight. My accuracy was around 55% in the flight, my sensitivity was 1.5 vertical, 1.5 horizontal, and aim acceleration at 1. Also put outer deadzone to zero. I use the same settings in halo 5 and elite controller.

Wich platform ? Xbone , XboxSX SS or PC ?

> 2533274792075066;11:
> > 2533274820483063;10:
> > I have 58% accuracy with the magnum on halo 5. I felt my aim was worse than the streamers I watched using mouse and keyboard on the flight. My accuracy was around 55% in the flight, my sensitivity was 1.5 vertical, 1.5 horizontal, and aim acceleration at 1. Also put outer deadzone to zero. I use the same settings in halo 5 and elite controller.
>
> Wich platform ? Xbone , XboxSX SS or PC ?

Series x at 120fps. In general…120fps has helped me in all shooters that implemented it. I saw an accuracy improvement from Xbox one x to series x when bumped to 120fps. I would argue frame rate is most important to accuracy

> 2533274801036271;8:
> Usually you find that the average kB&m player finds it harder to aim than a controller player, but the very top kB&m players find it much easier to aim than controller players.
>
> If you make it easier for kB&m players to aim, the gap at the top becomes even greater.

It’s much easier to pick up a MnK and be alright than controller. The learning curve for controller is much steeper by a large margin. I would say MnK beats out controller very easily with their floor and ceiling for shooters.

> 2533274792737987;13:
> > 2533274801036271;8:
> > Usually you find that the average kB&m player finds it harder to aim than a controller player, but the very top kB&m players find it much easier to aim than controller players.
> >
> > If you make it easier for kB&m players to aim, the gap at the top becomes even greater.
>
> It’s much easier to pick up a MnK and be alright than controller. The learning curve for controller is much steeper by a large margin. I would say MnK beats out controller very easily with their floor and ceiling for shooters.

Its not true , since the hardest to master for new Mkb player is to find the right grip dpi sensitivity but above all is the mastering of the left hand keyboard wich demands 10x time more muscle memory than the 2 sticks configuration woth aim assist .

Thats said its irrevelant we need to see the stats 343 got decomposed into per platform and input devices , because xbone and xboxseries can play mkb and pc can play controlers

Lmfao I just can’t keep a straight face. Bloody brilliant.

I actually did similar “tests” with myself. For reference I’m pretty comfortable with both inputs, I don’t notice much of a difference in Halo 3 (H2A, 4 and Reach I’m definitely better with a controller).

when using the sidekick with MnK I’d have around 45% accuracy, and when I use controller it was 60%. I’m sure a lot of this was due to the fact that I can more quickly spam the pistol on mouse and bloom took over. Also I’m more likely to attempt at shooting someone at range because there’s a higher chance I hit them.

For the BR and Commando they were both around 50-55% for me on MnK and 60% for me on controller. More balanced but I think the same thing happened where I’m much more comfortable just firing shots at range.

On the flip side I actually got all of my highest scores in the shooting drill on MnK.

I’m sure 343i will look at the stats on their back end and investigate the causes. MnK feels terrible to me on anything below 144Hz and the flight ran at like 60 for me so that’s another reason. Also tracking strafing targets is obviously harder on a mouse, and some of the bots were hitting the nastiest crouch strafes that I don’t see a human player doing while maintaining good accuracy.

My average on controller was usually never under 50 (some games in the 40s) and up to 60+. I think they just have to make the aiming “smoother” in general. They could add a very small amount of aim assist but personally wouldn’t care. But the aiming feels clunky and i think it could use some tuning. I also played some games on MnK and it was much easier to aim than it was on controller. I’ve always played halo on controller and i play MnK on other games. MnK felt easier overall.

Great thread, would love to see the official stats from 343. I Had between 50 and 60% with a controller on a series x

> 2533274792075066;14:
> > 2533274792737987;13:
> > > 2533274801036271;8:
> > > Usually you find that the average kB&m player finds it harder to aim than a controller player, but the very top kB&m players find it much easier to aim than controller players.
> > >
> > > If you make it easier for kB&m players to aim, the gap at the top becomes even greater.
> >
> > It’s much easier to pick up a MnK and be alright than controller. The learning curve for controller is much steeper by a large margin. I would say MnK beats out controller very easily with their floor and ceiling for shooters.
>
> Its not true , since the hardest to master for new Mkb player is to find the right grip dpi sensitivity but above all is the mastering of the left hand keyboard wich demands 10x time more muscle memory than the 2 sticks configuration woth aim assist .
>
> Thats said its irrevelant we need to see the stats 343 got decomposed into per platform and input devices , because xbone and xboxseries can play mkb and pc can play controlers

I never said it wasn’t the hardest to master, only that it has the highest ceiling. I play on both inputs. Playing on keyboard is much easier than gamepad because you don’t have to stop aiming for x amount of time. We don’t need the stats because I can tell M K will by far have higher accuracy especially in Halo with the hit boxes.

> 2533274792737987;19:
> > 2533274792075066;14:
> > > 2533274792737987;13:
> > > > 2533274801036271;8:
> > > > Usually you find that the average kB&m player finds it harder to aim than a controller player, but the very top kB&m players find it much easier to aim than controller players.
> > > >
> > > > If you make it easier for kB&m players to aim, the gap at the top becomes even greater.
> > >
> > > It’s much easier to pick up a MnK and be alright than controller. The learning curve for controller is much steeper by a large margin. I would say MnK beats out controller very easily with their floor and ceiling for shooters.
> >
> > Its not true , since the hardest to master for new Mkb player is to find the right grip dpi sensitivity but above all is the mastering of the left hand keyboard wich demands 10x time more muscle memory than the 2 sticks configuration woth aim assist .
> >
> > Thats said its irrevelant we need to see the stats 343 got decomposed into per platform and input devices , because xbone and xboxseries can play mkb and pc can play controlers
>
> I never said it wasn’t the hardest to master, only that it has the highest ceiling. I play on both inputs. Playing on keyboard is much easier than gamepad because you don’t have to stop aiming for x amount of time. We don’t need the stats because I can tell M K will by far have higher accuracy especially in Halo with the hit boxes.

Regardless from anyones ive personally witness or came in contact with had better accuracy stats in the tech preview using controlers on PC , Xbox Series X and S at the very least 10 to 15% discrepency … So if you truely beleive that MKB is so superior for aiming in Halo the Accuracy statistic should have been in order of magnitude of at least 20 % in favor of MKB but it wasnt the case at all also i am a very good MKB players and controler player and an Average joe would necessarely do worst than me in terms of MKB accuracy so there is that .

But the reality is as it is , The tech preview so far had to much aim assist still and if anything required a nerf by at least 10% to create " artificial " parity trough bullet bending/aim assistance / reticle magnetism that way MKB and Controlers accuracy average would be similar