343 please, Reach requires faster Kill Times

KT’s need to be faster.

This has been a community adressed issue since Halo 2, and it needs fixing.

As quoted by iZealot:

Wan’t to know why we have complained about EVERY new Halo and dubbed it to be worse than the last? Well here’s a pretty good idea.

CE - Great game, big skillgap, fast killtimes and loved by all
types of players.

Halo 2 - Kill times and Melee strength decreased. Fixed somewhat but still not as good. Community complained.

Halo 3 - Kill times increased AGAIN, movement speed slowed down and randomness added into bullet registration and beatdowns. Never fixed. Community complained.

ODST - Firefight and decent campaign. Not complained about because it wasn’t a full new game.

Reach - Kill times brought to ridiculous lengths due to random bloom being added to precision weapons. Grenades and Beatdowns buffed considerably to compensate. Movement and jump speed increased to promote use of AA’s, most of which are defensive and one in particular just being completely stupid. Community complains.

TL;DR

Bungie : Here’s Halo CE!
Community : This game is -blam!- great
Bungie : Lets increase Kill times for Halo 2!
Community : Meh, it’s fun but not better, you shouldn’t do it again.
Bungie : So you want us to Increase kill times again? Heres Halo 3!
Community : Great this game is even worse.
Bungie: Oh so you wan’t even longer Kill times with a little bit of randomness added in? Lets go for it!
Community : o_0

u mean faster kill times? If u need to kill people faster umm play grif or become a better shot? And please don’t act like u speak for everyone… Cuz I want SLOWER kill times now!!!

Quick kill times are a relative thing. If all you’re using is a basic weapon and not a heavy or power, or don’t teamshoot or don’t combo shoot (drop shields, shoot head), then yes, Halo as long kill times.

It’s been like that since CE. You could claim the Pistol is an exception. To which it is. And that is why your post is in error if CE’s killtimes are in reference to the Pistol. It feels like you want all the games to play to the 1 exception to the rule while at the same time, hiding the exception in an attempt to make it appear like the norm.

Power and heavy weapons are the tools meant to empower the player. Spawning and utility weapons are meant to be the useful but not dominating tools.
But do you know what makes me feel the most powerful (that’s rhetorical and meant for a 343i reader)? Being able to use a spawning or utility weapon to beat a power or heavy weapon user through gameplay. I feel empowered when using my brain is rewarded when choosing between multiple paths/choices. I feel weak when no amount of thinking can change the outcome or if I am restricted to 1 or 2 tactical paths.

I feel rewarded when playing CE and Reach. I feel overly-challenged with Halo3 and I feel anger against Halo2. None of the reasons come from kill-times.

In Halo 2 and 3 you could clutch a 2 vs 1. In Halo Reach you cannot unless they are really bad. Not because you would be good. One melee removes shields, kill times can’t get any faster! I understand when you say the AA part of the kill times but it’s better to keep it like it is now.

> One melee removes shields, kill times can’t get any faster!

He’s talking about the weapon kill times which are indeed too long.

go play classic slayer, kill time are way faster than team slayer and such.

You want a COD game? they have shields and armor they nerfed the weapons deal with it

> In Halo 2 and 3 you could clutch a 2 vs 1. In Halo Reach you cannot unless they are really bad. Not because you would be good. One melee removes shields, kill times can’t get any faster! I understand when you say the AA part of the kill times but it’s better to keep it like it is now.

Exactly… Something needs to be changed to make this into a Halo game. You should be able to pull off an overkill like every older Halo game if one is skilled enough with the Pistol for Close Range, and the DMR for medium to long range. As of now, the effects of Bloom are randomizing the distances for a successful kill for multiple people and the reticule does not reset fast enough for the player to have complete control over the DMR in anyway.

Please 343i, do something. Do something that shows exactly what this game can really become. Its truest potential in gaming.