343 please patch the nades so that fuse time is longer

please make the fuse time of nades like that of halo ce also make them 10 percent weaker. im sure 99 percent of this forum will agree with me on that.

Halo CE grenades are just as explosive, if not more, than the current frags.

yea but the huge diffrence was the fuse time was a lot longer meaning you had time to react to the nade hiting the ground near you and move. in reach as soon as the nade bounces towards you it explodes giving you no chance to escape.

And today we will discuss:
How to use armor lock effectively and actually get rejection medals

So now folks…

Honestly, I’d just bounce the frag farther from my intended target in CE compared to Reach.

I liked tossing grenades in CE most of all. They went fast and far.
Reach is pretty darn good. Not as fast as CE’s but they are speed based and arc almost as nicely as CE.
ODST’s system was not fun IMO.
Halo3 was very adequate. Not like CE but at least not Halo2’s shotput tosses.
I disliked Halo2’s arc.

As far as fuse times. I do miss CE’s sticky fuss. I don’t care about the frags because I can either shoot them or bounce them to detonate at will. The sticky fuss was great because I would run by someone, stick them, and then usually make some noise so they notice and give chase. Only to explode a moment later.
The drive-by-stick. After awhile, my friends knew that if they saw me run by them and I didn’t engage in CQB, they were already dead and “yoink!” was usually the response.
The hug of death was also very amusing. The receiving end of the stick would rush the owner sometimes from quite a distance or from around a corner if the thrower wasn’t nimble enough.

I like how Sprint or a Jetpack may let you get away from your own potential hug of death. I love how Evade will let me avoid most anything a lot more reliably than Sprint, Jetpack or AL.

Anyways, arc and projectile speed are more important to me than fuse time. I like my grenades to travel fast and far. Fuse time can always be compensated with placement. Placement is determined by arc and speed… :slight_smile:

> And today we will discuss:
> How to use armor lock effectively and actually get rejection medals
>
> So now folks…

No thanks, I don’t want to be forced to use an AA that doesn’t fit my playing style. I agree with OP.

> Halo CE grenades are just as explosive, if not more, than the current frags.

Player speed and jump height made it less of an issue. Kind of like how grenades are easier to dodge in the Classic playlist.

I kinda like the speed of Reach. An increased jump height would be awesome though.

> I kinda like the speed of Reach. An increased jump height would be awesome though.

I dislike the movement speed primarily because it negates the purpose of strafe in a gunfight. It doesn’t help that I’m so used to sprint and evade that using any other armor ability makes me feel really slow.

I see what you mean. I am a 100% of the time sprinter myself. Maybe that’s why I don’t notice as much. On the topic of grenades in general I would like something to be done. The blast radius is too big or something?? I can’t quite put my finger on it.

What they really need to do is reduce the blast radius by 25%

I personally love Reach grenades. I like being able to get kills with grenades on a regular basis unlike the wimpy H2/H3 grenades.

I just want to see the whole golden triangle being used to kill.

What I don’t like is the awful Health/Shield ratio that has been in place since H2 that makes grenades overpowered in Reach.

Halo CE had a system where the shield and health have the same number of hitpoints. I think it was 75/75.
However in H2/H3/Reach it is closer to 45(health)/70(shields). What is really needed is a return to this system to fix Reach and all future Halo games.

However I doubt they could do this kind of update now just like I doubt they can remove bloom or bleed through even with a title update.

But even without that change I would rather keep strong and fun grenades over the tiny,worthless H2/H3 grenades.

Reach grenades are very overpowered i believe. How can 1 frag kill you with full health and shields? in halo 2 and 3 1 frag made you 1 shot not kill you. unless you are hurt then they wouldkill you

> > And today we will discuss:
> > How to use armor lock effectively and actually get rejection medals
> >
> > So now folks…
>
> No thanks, I don’t want to be forced to use an AA that doesn’t fit my playing style. I agree with OP.

Then suck it up and take damage from grenades. Obviously.

> Reach grenades are very overpowered i believe. How can 1 frag kill you with full health and shields? in halo 2 and 3 1 frag made you 1 shot not kill you. unless you are hurt then they wouldkill you

I keep hearing about these one-hit-kill frags but I have never witnessed one. Can you link me to a video? I do know that in a corner, the blast is amplified and can take you to almost death. But I am not aware of a 100% health kill from a frag on default settings.

I do honestly want to see one that can’t be attributed to latency. By that I mean that I have been killed by a single melee to the face and died by Evading into objects with full shields enough times to know that certain games with certain latency attributes allows damage to negate the shields and damage the body directly. It’s no different an effect than Halo2’s spawn, fire and run forward at the same time, only to shoot yourself in the back of the head.