343 Please have Blue team in Halo 5

The Community would love to have these in Halo 5.On Facebook a page was recently started for them called “Spartan Blue team” and it has had almost 1,000 Likes in 5 days. Everyone I talk to wants them in. I don’t expect a response but please 343 atlest have something related to Fred, Linda and Kelly in Halo 5.Who better to replace Cortana and keep the story fresh ? What is your opinion community ?

Blue Team’s appearance in a Halo game is long overdue. Halo 5 should do what Bungie was never willing to do: tell millions of people that the Master Chief isn’t the last of his kind.

[deleted]

> Blue Team’s appearance in a Halo game is long overdue. Halo 5 should do what Bungie was never willing to do: tell millions of people that the Master Chief isn’t the last of his kind.

Exactly this! They would be a perfect replacement for Cortana.

John’s been separated from Fred, Kelly, and Linda for far too long, he needs to reunite and lead them again. 343 I ask you, attempt what Bungie was too afraid to do and bring Blue Team in.

It would finally bring Master Chief back into a squad-leader position; something that’s been long due since The Fall of Reach.

The problem then becomes, however: How do you set them up and explain them to those with no knowledge of who they are and how do you get them to care?

> The problem then becomes, however: How do you set them up and explain them to those with no knowledge of who they are and how do you get them to care?

well blue team was on a shield world for quite some time as well as chief. Chief could be getting debriefed about his time on the shield world just as he’s getting done you hear Fred “Welcome home John” Blue Team comes in and John lost with words just ask how. And then they debrief what happened from Reach onward.

or if chief really does go rouge maybe the only people who can stop him is Blue Team. Maybe ONI puts a hit on John and Blue Team is sent to take him out but don’t know it.

> > The problem then becomes, however: How do you set them up and explain them to those with no knowledge of who they are and how do you get them to care?
>
> well blue team was on a shield world for quite some time as well as chief. Chief could be getting debriefed about his time on the shield world just as he’s getting done you hear Fred “Welcome home John” Blue Team comes in and John lost with words just ask how. And then they debrief what happened from Reach onward.
>
> or if chief really does go rouge maybe the only people who can stop him is Blue Team. Maybe ONI puts a hit on John and Blue Team is sent to take him out but don’t know it.

So why should players not versed in the Halo story care about these seemingly random Spartans? That debriefing also has the potential issue of being an info dump some would probably skip over.

> > > The problem then becomes, however: How do you set them up and explain them to those with no knowledge of who they are and how do you get them to care?
> >
> > well blue team was on a shield world for quite some time as well as chief. Chief could be getting debriefed about his time on the shield world just as he’s getting done you hear Fred “Welcome home John” Blue Team comes in and John lost with words just ask how. And then they debrief what happened from Reach onward.
> >
> > or if chief really does go rouge maybe the only people who can stop him is Blue Team. Maybe ONI puts a hit on John and Blue Team is sent to take him out but don’t know it.
>
> So why should players not versed in the Halo story care about these seemingly random Spartans? That debriefing also has the potential issue of being an info dump some would probably skip over.

Why would any audience care about any character that’s introduced? Personality and actions.
Each Spartan has a very clear, defined personality, though a very subtle one at that.

By actions, I simply mean that Kelly’s incredible speed could be displayed in a cutscene, as could Linda’s sniping abilities and Fred’s talent with a combat knife. These “cool-factor” actions would be accurately portraying the abilities of each of these Spartans while at the same time making them seem like badasses to the audience. 343 would also have to get the point across that Blue team are on par with the Chief; they’d have to make the audience recognise that instead of there being one big-badass Spartan II, there are in fact several.

> > > > The problem then becomes, however: How do you set them up and explain them to those with no knowledge of who they are and how do you get them to care?
> > >
> > > well blue team was on a shield world for quite some time as well as chief. Chief could be getting debriefed about his time on the shield world just as he’s getting done you hear Fred “Welcome home John” Blue Team comes in and John lost with words just ask how. And then they debrief what happened from Reach onward.
> > >
> > > or if chief really does go rouge maybe the only people who can stop him is Blue Team. Maybe ONI puts a hit on John and Blue Team is sent to take him out but don’t know it.
> >
> > So why should players not versed in the Halo story care about these seemingly random Spartans? That debriefing also has the potential issue of being an info dump some would probably skip over.
>
> Why would any audience care about any character that’s introduced? Personality and actions.
> Each Spartan has a very clear, defined personality, though a very subtle one at that.
>
> By actions, I simply mean that Kelly’s incredible speed could be displayed in a cutscene, as could Linda’s sniping abilities and Fred’s talent with a combat knife. These “cool-factor” actions would be accurately portraying the abilities of each of these Spartans while at the same time making them seem like badasses to the audience. <mark>343 would also have to get the point across that Blue team are on par with the Chief;</mark> they’d have to make the audience recognise that instead of there being one big-badass Spartan II, there are in fact several.

And that is the part that gets me, could they do that WHILE building up Chief’s importance more and more?

As much as I would love to see the co-op with them, you have to give MC his space. If anything I would like to see blue team return as stand alone work. Spartan Ops would be a perfect place for them. Whether you’re playing as them or they make cameo appearances. They just can’t step in and be a part of the story in the sense that many want them to be players 2-4. Too much of the story would have to lose dramatic effect. Chief needs missions that feel daunting. Playing with 3 other squadmates makes everything seem far less intimidating.

Maybe Halo 6?

At this stage Arbiter seems like a better option. We already know who he is and 343 are setting it up so well with Escalation.

If they use Terminals to explain Chief’s past along with a few flash backs and a chat with Halsey in Halo 5 then Blue could have an introduction in Halo 6 and we’ll already have a working knowledge of who they are.

> The problem then becomes, however: How do you set them up and explain them to those with no knowledge of who they are and how do you get them to care?

TV series perhaps?

> > > > > The problem then becomes, however: How do you set them up and explain them to those with no knowledge of who they are and how do you get them to care?
> > > >
> > > > well blue team was on a shield world for quite some time as well as chief. Chief could be getting debriefed about his time on the shield world just as he’s getting done you hear Fred “Welcome home John” Blue Team comes in and John lost with words just ask how. And then they debrief what happened from Reach onward.
> > > >
> > > > or if chief really does go rouge maybe the only people who can stop him is Blue Team. Maybe ONI puts a hit on John and Blue Team is sent to take him out but don’t know it.
> > >
> > > So why should players not versed in the Halo story care about these seemingly random Spartans? That debriefing also has the potential issue of being an info dump some would probably skip over.
> >
> > Why would any audience care about any character that’s introduced? Personality and actions.
> > Each Spartan has a very clear, defined personality, though a very subtle one at that.
> >
> > By actions, I simply mean that Kelly’s incredible speed could be displayed in a cutscene, as could Linda’s sniping abilities and Fred’s talent with a combat knife. These “cool-factor” actions would be accurately portraying the abilities of each of these Spartans while at the same time making them seem like badasses to the audience. <mark>343 would also have to get the point across that Blue team are on par with the Chief;</mark> they’d have to make the audience recognise that instead of there being one big-badass Spartan II, there are in fact several.
>
> And that is the part that gets me, could they do that WHILE building up Chief’s importance more and more?

It would be a challenge, but I’m sure that 343 could pull it off. It depends on what aspect of Chief’s importance is built up. If it’s the wider picture, as in Chief’s importance due to his geas and his actions in the coming conflicts that will define humanity and put them on par with ancient humanity/ the forerunners etc, then it will be a hell of a lot harder. Lasky was built up to be an important supporting character in Halo 4 however, despite Chief encountering the Didact and Librarian.

Blue team could be introduced and expanded upon in several cutscenes, with a glimpse into a conversation between some Spartan IVs or other UNSC personnel in one of said cutscenes to act as exposition, similar to DeMarco and Madsen’s conversation in Spartan Ops regarding Halsey and how they’d heard rumours that she kidnapped kids to create the Spartan IIs. Just a “Hey, are those the IIs that I’ve heard about? I heard they’re from the same class as Chief. The Chief is legendary though, it’s hard to believe there can be more like him”. A simple line or bit of dialogue like that could really help with exposition.

> > The problem then becomes, however: How do you set them up and explain them to those with no knowledge of who they are and how do you get them to care?
>
> TV series perhaps?

I think the tv series would still count as external media akin to the books and comics. 343 need to find a way of introducing them and making them likeable in the game so that people who don’t follow the books, comics etc would still know what’s going on. 343 failed at properly introducing the covenant remnant in Halo 4 and so many were confused. People who followed the wider universe and canon through the books however, knew exactly what was going on.

The thing is - in my opinion anyway - Blue team consist of characters that are far too important to be left out of the main series of games, just like Halsey. Without them, Halsey wouldn’t have made it to Onyx and so much of the technology used to build Infinity and improve equipment wouldn’t have been discovered.

Yes!

I would think they would simply have a extended cutscene telling about their history, roles, and maybe show a few clips of them in the past.

Honestly, no

A). I find blue team and a large bulk of the S-II program in general to be a little dull in places

B). Since Cortana’s death, Chief has to finally talk to other UNSC personnel about stuff instead of just asking Cortana. With blue team in the picture, Chief would go right back to being plain 'ol boring sociopath Chief again, only talking to BT and wasting potential character development.

They’d probably just end up hated like Noble, except people also complaining they didn’t get them canonically accurate.

YES PLEASE.

Every single time this topic comes up the majority is always in favor of having Blue Team make an appearance. They are so important to the Chief’s character, and now that Cortana is gone I think they will be the perfect characters to bring in to fill that gap. 343 says they want to explore the Chief’s humanity, so who better to help do that than the only people he calls his family?

> They’d probably just end up hated like Noble, except people also complaining they didn’t get them canonically accurate.

I don’t see Noble Team as being universally hated. I love them. And as many people say they dislike them I have seen just as many people say they love them as well.
Now true enough, 343i not getting their characters right is a legitimate concern…however, these characters have been fleshed out over 4 books and all have distinct personality traits. So if 343i can’t even bother to follow a template that’s basically been handed to them on a silver platter, I have no hope for this franchise. :\