343, Please Give Us Invasion In Halo 4.

I know that Elites won’t be back in multiplayer, but they don’t need to be playable to do Invasion. It could be Blue Team vs Red Team with the Red Team trying to take and capture the objectives from the Blues.

Invasion was my favorite playlist in Halo:Reach, and I have more playtime in that than anything else. It was always nice to be able to jump into an intense, 15-20 minute match of Invasion. The sad thing was Invasion was never fully supported, only 3 maps over the course of a year.

Who else wants Invasion, as far as I’m aware, it hasn’t been confirmed to be in yet. :confused:

If Elites are not in Halo 4 Invasion could still work on some level, Red vs Blue Spartans trying to take objectives in a Holographic simulation on the UNSC Infinity. I would also like to see a variant of Global Battle be added

I think it should be a sort-of mix of invasion and territories. I think i’ll call it “Conquest”.

I’d love for them to put Invasion in. I was saddened by the lack of maps in Invasion but I loved it the same.

Invasion is definitely do-able with just Spartans. It’s not any different than red and blue Spartans capturing each others flags or blowing up the other Spartan’s base.

I hope 343 do bring back Invasion from Halo Reach. Why? It was great & it feels like players are actually playing the objectives. I wonder how it’s going to work without elites in Halo 4.

Coming from somebody who has master Spire and Paradiso in Invasion (I’d list Boneyard as well, but that map comes up way to often for anyone NOT to know it) I’d agree that invasion should return.

It put together the vastness of BTB and the objectiveness of Assualt or Territories and made something amazing. When i get on Halo (which happens anytime my xbox ISNT locked in my dads closet) I typically hit up Halo and play with friends, testing maps and helping them along in forging processes (Though I myself get help from a few of them aswell).

When i DO play these maps, testing them for balance and fun, 8 out of 10 maps are either invasion maps, or maps that could be edited for invasion.

Keep the gametype, and pay atttention to it :slight_smile:

OR

Bring back Generator Defence (Beta Version)

BTB Invasion, its the most intense consistently gametype, i love it and ill be dissapointed if its not in Halo 4.

I’m surprised that Generator Defense (game mode reminds me of COD’s Domination & Demolition mixed together) isn’t in the game. Maybe it’ll be in Halo 4 with 5v5 in Team Objective playlist.

This sounds exactly like what they may be planning with Spartan Ops. I’m pissed FF is dying in Halo 4. My hope is that I’ll see some semblance of it in Spartan Ops. I think Invasion would be another “mission” style coop that you could see in Spartan Ops. Anyway the ability to create “level” like in Invasion seems to be hardwired into regular MM so they may be creating invasion-style slayer and objective action. We just don’t know.

> I think it should be a sort-of mix of invasion and territories. I think i’ll call it “Conquest”.

No. Just no.

Also, bring back spartan skirmish, but keep it the hell out of the invasion playlists.

> BTB Invasion, its the most intense consistently gametype, i love it and ill be dissapointed if its not in Halo 4.

I’d also like 8v8 invasion.

then come the Battlefield fanboys…

> Also, bring back spartan skirmish, but keep it the hell out of the invasion playlists.
>
> > BTB Invasion, its the most intense consistently gametype, i love it and ill be dissapointed if its not in Halo 4.
>
> I’d also like 8v8 invasion.

Man, 8v8 invasion game mode? That would be an intense, excellent game right there. 343 did say that they’re taking good parts of Halo Reach & putting them into Halo 4. Let’s hope Invasion game mode (let alone Big Team Battles) are in the game.

> > I think it should be a sort-of mix of invasion and territories. I think i’ll call it “Conquest”.
>
> No. Just no.

Ok, it was just a suggestion, but I’ll respect your opinion.

Invasion could have been EPIC in Reach but saw appalling support. Bring it back, but actually support it. Make it easier to make Invasion Forge maps. Heck, there are many custom Invasion maps for Reach that play really well.

Invasion 2.0 for Halo 4 with consistent support would have me fist-pumping for days on end.

Probably would be modified

Well, with Elites confirmed to not be included in matchmaking, it makes the Invasion we know and love from Reach impossible. However, this doesn’t mean Invasion won’t come back in another, more spiritual successor-like, from in Halo 4. If anything, it’ll be Red vs. Blue in a sort of multi-phase objective game.

agreed

> Invasion could have been EPIC in Reach but saw appalling support. Bring it back, but actually support it. Make it easier to make Invasion Forge maps. Heck, there are many custom Invasion maps for Reach that play really well.
>
> <mark>Invasion 2.0</mark> for Halo 4 with consistent support would have me fist-pumping for days on end.

This

As long as its loadout progression is kept, I’d support the return of Invasion. I’d also like to see more gametypes that a phase could be based on. Reach only gave us assault, territories, and CTF. I’d like to see the addition of Slayer phases and VIP phases, and maybe a possible phase based of the generator defense Firefight gametype, where the attacking team must destroy a generator by any means necessary, be it shooting it, grenades, hell, even splattering it.