343 please dont forget about H3

I for one am somebody who plays H3 almost everyday. And Im not the only 1. I play it for the same reason everybody else there plays it. I play it because I cant stand on how horrible Reach is. There is quite about at least 20,000 people playing it. H3 is obviously a better game then Reach is and I would hate to see forgotten. H3 is still so much fun to this day. So after bungie day it would be great to see some support back to H3. Like some double xp weekend because its dreading to get 1 xp per game. Dont forget there are still alot of cheaters and derankers in MM to deal with. H3 has brought so many great memories and is still unbelievably fun. Long Live H3

As a studying game developer I must say Halo 3 was complete crap. It wouldn’t bother me one bit if they forgot about Halo 3. Never the less though I am sure they won’t, so don’t worry.

20,000 may not sound like a lot but I agree. Don’t forget about Halo 3, it’s still a good game. (MY OPINION: Halo 3 is not “obviously” 10x better than Reach, IMO: Halo: Reach > Halo 3)

Ω

20,000 is more than most games dream of having on the release week. That is still in the top 10 xbox 360 most played games. But while Reach was a failure to Halo standards, it was still a decent game.

> 20,000 is more than most games dream of having on the release week. That is still in the top 10 xbox 360 most played games. But while Reach was a failure to Halo standards, it was still a decent game.

Agreed

> As a studying game developer I must say Halo 3 was complete crap. It wouldn’t bother me one bit if they forgot about Halo 3. Never the less though I am sure they won’t, so don’t worry.

H3 was way more enjoyable then Reach and still is. When you out BR somebody in H3 its exciting just like getting an amazing noscope. In Reach its just not as fun or exciting. For Example out BRing somebody in H3 = OH MY GOD GET OWNED. In Reach out DMRing somebody =Hey I just out DMRed somebody… -__-. And also Reach montages are garbage. But H3 montages are amazing and lots of fun to watch. H3 is a way better game and 10x more fun then Reach. H3 > Reach :slight_smile:

> > As a studying game developer I must say Halo 3 was complete crap. It wouldn’t bother me one bit if they forgot about Halo 3. Never the less though I am sure they won’t, so don’t worry.
>
> H3 was way more enjoyable then Reach and still is. When you out BR somebody in H3 its exciting just like getting an amazing noscope. In Reach its just not as fun or exciting. For Example out BRing somebody in H3 = OH MY GOD GET OWNED. In Reach out DMRing somebody =Hey I just out DMRed somebody… -__-. And also Reach montages are garbage. But H3 montages are amazing and lots of fun to watch. H3 is a way better game and 10x more fun then Reach. H3 > Reach :slight_smile:

Agreed

Its servers will be down soon for Halo 4 so this is point less.

> Its servers will be down soon for Halo 4 so this is point less.

Right, because Halo 3 doesn’t run on the Xbox 720 servers like Halo 4 does… Oh wait…

Ω

They won’t be able to even consider forgetting when I upload/render my upcoming Halo 3 videos. I’m getting a video capture device. I’m close to getting 400 ms points for 6 month Bungie Pro. Soon, Halo 3’s Campaign will be restored to it’s former glory! And I, I will be it’s promoter!

> As a studying game developer I must say Halo 3 was complete crap. It wouldn’t bother me one bit if they forgot about Halo 3. Never the less though I am sure they won’t, so don’t worry.

Hahahahahaha How pretentious! Sure, Bungie weren’t actually PROFESSIONAL game developers back then so they couldn’t make a good game… Or they didn’t necessarily made a good game. You know, your ability to create art doesn’t make your opinion more valid, appreciation of art is something that everyone shares equally, we don’t care whether or not you are merely a studying game developer…

As for Halo 3, well I don’t care about 2XP weekends as I play to have fun, but more playlists like Rocket Race or especially 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6 objective gametypes, now that would be neat for sure. And maybe re-balance the random map choosing. When playing Big Team Battles, more often than not I end up playing on Avalanche, a bunch of Sand Trap, some Rat’s Nest or Sandbox variants, rarely Valhalla or other shipping maps. I can understand people wanting to play the new maps when they came out, but now, months after the last map pack was released, I can say I miss playing epic Valhalla CTF games and the likes.

> > As a studying game developer I must say Halo 3 was complete crap. It wouldn’t bother me one bit if they forgot about Halo 3. Never the less though I am sure they won’t, so don’t worry.
>
> Hahahahahaha How pretentious! Sure, Bungie weren’t actually PROFESSIONAL game developers back then so they couldn’t make a good game… Or they didn’t necessarily made a good game. You know, your ability to create art doesn’t make your opinion more valid, appreciation of art is something that everyone shares equally, we don’t care whether or not you are merely a studying game developer…
>
>
>
> As for Halo 3, well I don’t care about 2XP weekends as I play to have fun, but more playlists like Rocket Race or especially 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6 objective gametypes, now that would be neat for sure. And maybe re-balance the random map choosing. When playing Big Team Battles, more often than not I end up playing on Avalanche, a bunch of Sand Trap, some Rat’s Nest or Sandbox variants, rarely Valhalla or other shipping maps. I can understand people wanting to play the new maps when they came out, but now, months after the last map pack was released, I can say I miss playing epic Valhalla CTF games and the likes.

I never said that they were not professional, I just stated that as a studying game developer I find many problems within Halo 3 that I do not find in Halo Reach. Does that mean Halo Reach has no problems? No! Halo Reach has many problems with it but I find it more enjoyable then Halo 3. If you actually read my comment you would see that at the end of my statement I discarded my opinion.

> > > As a studying game developer I must say Halo 3 was complete crap. It wouldn’t bother me one bit if they forgot about Halo 3. Never the less though I am sure they won’t, so don’t worry.
> >
> > Hahahahahaha How pretentious! Sure, Bungie weren’t actually PROFESSIONAL game developers back then so they couldn’t make a good game… Or they didn’t necessarily made a good game. You know, your ability to create art doesn’t make your opinion more valid, appreciation of art is something that everyone shares equally, we don’t care whether or not you are merely a studying game developer…
> >
> >
> >
> > As for Halo 3, well I don’t care about 2XP weekends as I play to have fun, but more playlists like Rocket Race or especially 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6 objective gametypes, now that would be neat for sure. And maybe re-balance the random map choosing. When playing Big Team Battles, more often than not I end up playing on Avalanche, a bunch of Sand Trap, some Rat’s Nest or Sandbox variants, rarely Valhalla or other shipping maps. I can understand people wanting to play the new maps when they came out, but now, months after the last map pack was released, I can say I miss playing epic Valhalla CTF games and the likes.
>
> I never said that they were not professional, I just stated that as a studying game developer I find many problems within Halo 3 that I do not find in Halo Reach. Does that mean Halo Reach has no problems? No! Halo Reach has many problems with it but I find it more enjoyable then Halo 3. If you actually read my comment you would see that at the end of my statement I discarded my opinion.

out of curiosity what problems specificly.

the ones i can think of are

1. haveing a hard time to place stuff in forge world
  2. De-rankers

Please let there be double xp for H3

Bumping this because I just recently got H3 again and do NOT want this game to die!

343 PLEASE revive the game we love known only as Halo 3! Seriously ever since Reach, H3 has literally been dead. I was playing earlier with a 15k-ish population and it dropped to around 8.3k in a heartbeat.

Also, i’ve heard a rumor that they plan on shutting down H3’s Servers?! This better be a lie …

I think that Halo 3 is awesome, but is not better than Reach. Each has their pros and cons in my opinion. Halo 3 made you feel like a Spartan, but it’s amount of weapons is (slightly) smaller than that in Reach and Reach gave you a lot more room to customize and be yourself.

With that said, as one of my favorite games of all time, I wish to see Halo 3 restored to it’s former glory! Long live Halo 3!

P.S: Perhaps in 2018, there will be a remake of Halo 3 for the Xbox 720!

> Please let there be double xp for H3

IMO it should go to 2xp standard and have triple weekends

Halo CE beats all, and they sure haven’t forgotten about that. :stuck_out_tongue:

DO the bumpity bump!!! W00!

Lol… I really don’t want this guys’ topic to die. I’d actually appreciate a comment from bs angel/frankie or someone over at 343i to tell us what they plan on doing with H3.

I just played Halo 3 with a bunch of buddies today. We started in matchmaking and somehow ended up in custom game zombies and race maps. It was the most fun I had in a halo game since Reach released.