343, Please don't be wasting time and energy on a battle royale that nobody wants

This game has so many other needs that are far more pressing. I’m still getting “ninja’d” by people in front of me. The fans are here because we DON"T like Fortnite and you’re not going to succeed in bringing Fortnite players here so don’t bother. We are begging you.

35 Likes

People who think Battle Royale will save this game are kidding themselves. If the netcode can’t even function properly with 4v4, there is no way a Battle Royale will work.

41 Likes

A lot of people want a BR. Just because you don’t like it, no one else can have it?

If it comes out before forge, CGB, coop, and some sort of PVE mode, then sure go ahead and be upset.

They pulled an entirely different studio in to make it and 343 proper is working on optimizing the game and legacy features. That’s the best case scenario for all players because it means everyone is going to get some of what they want.

CAN EVERYONE PLEASE STOP POSTING OPINIONS SPEAKING FOR THE ENTIRE PLAYERBASE? YOU’RE WRONG NO MATTER WHAT YOUR POSITION IS WHEN YOU DO THIS.

29 Likes

If Certain Affinity can fix the netcode to make a Battle Royale work, more power to them. If that actually happens, though, Microsoft should just hand Halo Infinite to them entirely and kick 343 to the curb.

༼ づ ಠ_ಠ ༽づ Summon Collision

17 Likes

wait was not tatanka being made with ue4?

1 Like

Yes we want a battle royal mode btb is old fashong and only a fraction play it halo need a battleroyal mode to attrac the young generation im 28 been a fan since i was 10 years old. I seem everything miss the oG lans
Where u didn’t need internet hope they bring that back this game should not be a online only game i want to play offline spitscreen like in the past give me that
Plus average age of players playing halo right now are over the 18 age and up we need the new generation to take care and love halo even if is in a diferent way i dont want this game to die hope they fix this game
And if a battke royal can help more to keep this game goind ? Ill take it

2 Likes

Speak for yourself

I want a Battle Royale

The more modes the better.

Warzone was diet Battle Royale; I want the full EXP

10 Likes

They (343) aren’t…
Certain Infinity is

I saw this in KevinKoolX’s news vid, but I don’t think this has anything to do with Halo.

CA is a support studio for a couple different publishing companies. The way I see it, a lot of the other support work would be in the UE suite, so it would make sense to want someone you’re hiring to be eligible to support multiple projects.

But I’m not trying to say my opinion is the end all be all. 343 did supposedly try to concept a move onto UE4 early in Infinite development… So who knows

1 Like

I certainly get the impulse that many have regarding fixing the janky state of Infinite today being more important than adding a BR-lite mode. Like many others, I’m also not excited for a BR inspired mode as I have no fondness for that genre.

However, it appears that most hands at 343i on the Infinite team are working on what we consider to be the core of Infinite and many of the problems facing it today. Certain Affinity are the ones working on this other mode. It will probably take 343i a long time to iron out all the jank, but Certain Affinity likely isn’t pulling away a significant amount of time and resources away from that by running a parallel development for their upcoming mode.

4 Likes

honestly, if they do make a BR… as long as it’s unique and not a complete copy and paste of every other BR, then i would be accepting of it…
that being said, i doubt it’l be unique. i doubt the servers in their current state will be able to handle a BR mode, given the BTB event for that whole moon. and thusly, i doublt it’l do much good for infinite as a whole…
though it’s ironic. anyone else remember that one tweet? ‘the only BR we’re interested in is the battle rifle’ or something like that… once again, 343 have lied -v-

8 Likes

you have 10 other BR games… Halo was amazing during H3/Reach period IMO… the multiplayer was great, then they added some trash like the warmode or what it was called in H5…

2 Likes

for the love of god, bring back warzone from H5!!

5 Likes

I’m more interested in a PVE mode that has cutscenes centered around our MP Spartans

Also it’s not 343 working on it. They aren’t even involved in this project it’s a whole seperate studio so don’t worry 343 will stay on track with drip feeding content and delaying stuff.

4 Likes

Even better a warzone firefight reach Campaign style thing. A PVE mode that has. Story cutscenes that revolve around our MP Spartans. So that we get our money’s worth from cosmetics.

3 Likes

Nobody should be working on it. All resources, 343 or other should be focused on fixing Halo Infinite as it is and adding more content to the base game. It’s so barren right now.

7 Likes

Screw the young generation. They are not the primary demographic for Halo, unless they are Halo fans. At least, that’s what I hope 343 has in mind.

4 Likes

There are plenty of other games with Battle Royale

7 Likes

Go to Forknife if ya want Battle Royal games, fix Halo first.

12 Likes

So? Those games all have awful gameplay compared to Halo imo.

I want a Halo BR. Not a generically interchangeable BR with a Halo skin like everything else out there.

It’s possible, and it would (will eventually) be fantastic. Especially if Max Hoberman’s studio is at the helm.

4 Likes