343, please do not add BR spread back to the BR

I know that 343 has said that the BR is hitscan, but no where in the question (the question was “Does the BR have spread? Is it Hitscan?”) have you answered the first part.

I know that they might have just forgotten, but 343 you know adding spread to the BR is a bad decision. The gun becomes inconsistent, random, and impossible to predict. This will not benefit game play what so ever.

What you should do is have the BR play like the H2 BR, except don’t add the huge amount of aim magnetism. If possible, increase the range but thats really it.

HAHAHAHA THEY ARENT ADDING SPREAD ITS RECOIL!

Seriously, that is essential to know…

Br Spread needs to die

A slow painful death.

I honestly can’t remember… Did the Halo 2 BR have spread?

> I honestly can’t remember… Did the Halo 2 BR have spread?

It did Prepatch

Then it was removed because it caused a lot of inconsistency within Halo 2. Dont know what Bungie was thinking when they put it back in halo 3.

It will not have spread because it was confirmed to have hitscan. So expect the BR to feel like the Halo 2 Era BR.

Recoil = Spread as far as past BR’s are concerned…

Recoil should not be on the BR. H2 BR PLZZZZ.

Will the spread even do anything to the game?
If it’-Yoink!- scan, wouldn’t it be registered as one single shot?
I could totally be thinking this the wrong way but not really concerned about it.

I’m just glad Hit scan is here to stay! Notice how many more head shots registered in Reach than in Halo 3. I’m sure many, many of you had unregistered shots in Sniper and Swat in H3.

> Will the spread even do anything to the game?
> If it’-Yoink!- scan, wouldn’t it be registered as one single shot?
> I could totally be thinking this the wrong way but not really concerned about it.
>
> I’m just glad Hit scan is here to stay! Notice how many more head shots registered in Reach than in Halo 3. I’m sure many, many of you had unregistered shots in Sniper and Swat in H3.

It wont be registered as a single shot.

If you notice in H2 (the game was hit scan as well), if you were to “sweep” your shot, all of those shots would register at the time you were pointing them.

Basically in hit scan, the BR registers every single shot as its own.

And H2 did have spread before the patch and it was hit scan, so yes it is possible to have the game as hit scan and still have spread.

I think recoil will be great as long as they don’t overdo it some slight, controllable recoil ala ODST ought to be a great way to balance the BR at range without adding random bloom or spread.

No spread no recoil no br = problem solved.
Dmr master race.

I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking. you crybabies… The BR is just fine. I never had any problems with it in the past. It is just you guy don’t have any skill to use the BR. :wink:

The Halo 2 update did not remove spread. It tightened it.

The BR needs some way to nerf its power over long distances. Recoil should provide this, thus leading to a spreadless BR. However, hypothetically speaking, should the Halo 4 BR have no recoil (again, I know it’s confirmed, speaking hypothetically), it would need spread. I’m not talking about the Halo 3 spread, where the BR is only viable in short-mid and close-quarters distances. I’m talking about Halo 2 post-patch spread, where the BR is only nerfed at sniper-rifle distances. However, because Halo 4 has recoil, it should not have spread. Combining 2 factors to nerf the same weapon can never be a good thing.

> The Halo 2 update did not remove spread. It tightened it.

Well either way, it was a lot better then H3’s.

> "Does the BR have spread?

If the weapon had no spread, why does it have the reticule it does instead of a dot or the Sniper’s reticule?

> I know that they might have just forgotten, but 343 you know adding spread to the BR is a bad decision. The gun becomes inconsistent, random, and impossible to predict. This will not benefit game play what so ever.

Why is it a bad decision?

And the gun becomes inconsistent, random and impossible to predict when you are trying to use it past it’s intended range and your target does not completely fill the reticule.

And why should the BR have no spread?

If anything, making it a pinpoint precise weapon would be worse for the game.

> > "Does the BR have spread?
>
> If the weapon had no spread, why does it have the reticule it does instead of a dot or the Sniper’s reticule?
>
>
>
> > I know that they might have just forgotten, but 343 you know adding spread to the BR is a bad decision. The gun becomes inconsistent, random, and impossible to predict. This will not benefit game play what so ever.
>
> Why is it a bad decision?
>
> And the gun becomes inconsistent, random and impossible to predict when you are trying to use it past it’s intended range and your target does not completely fill the reticule.
>
> And why should the BR have no spread?
>
> If anything, making it a pinpoint precise weapon would be worse for the game.

It has that reticule so it’s easier to aim. Why is the rocket’s reticule so large when it shoots straight? The sword’s reticule?

The lack of auto-aim + recoil will make it difficult to use past it’s intended range. There’s no need to make it random. If someone is good enough to overcome the lack of auto-aim and recoil, they should be rewarded.

> but 343 you know adding spread to the BR is a bad decision.

They know it’s a bad idea? Then why would they have put it into the game?

> The lack of auto-aim + recoil will make it difficult to use past it’s intended range. There’s no need to make it random. If someone is good enough to overcome the lack of auto-aim and recoil, they should be rewarded.

I’m finding more and more arguments are leading to a central idea. And that idea is that if a player is skilled enough, he should be God in the video game.

To that I say: Why? Why should if he have enough skill, in what I feel is a very narrow spectrum, should he be an unkillable beast? Why should even poking your head up and trying to move around the map be punished with death should this player even be looking in your general direction even if he’s on the opposite side of the map?

> > The lack of auto-aim + recoil will make it difficult to use past it’s intended range. There’s no need to make it random. If someone is good enough to overcome the lack of auto-aim and recoil, they should be rewarded.
>
> I’m finding more and more arguments are leading to a central idea. And that idea is that if a player is skilled enough, he should be God in the video game.
>
> To that I say: Why? Why should if he have enough skill, in what I feel is a very narrow spectrum, should he be an unkillable beast? Why should even poking your head up and trying to move around the map be punished with death should this player even be looking in your general direction even if he’s on the opposite side of the map?

Maybe you see a lot of arguments leading to that idea because it makes a lot of sense. Obviously if you have godlike aim in fps games than you should be really good at fps games. If you are skillful with the br though that doesn’t mean you’re an unkillable beast like you say. You yourself can also use the br and take me out before I take you out. If I’m better than you though than obviously I should win. Like Krutch said though with the recoil and less aim assist it’s not going to be as easy to to get kills especially at longer ranges. Also if you’re poking your head up and down a lot and staying in the open too long than you should get killed. To answer your last question yes if the other team is spawning on the opposite side of the map like they should than of course I should be looking in that direction. Precision weapons like the br should not have any randomness at all like they did with bloom and spread. The less aim assist and lack of recoil will make it harder to use and should even slow down the kill times a little at longer ranges.