343, Please consider this!!! (Controls)

And I made a better Control Layout than the current one!

So B Button for Crouch… Horrible Idea

First off, using both sticks while being able to move and aim is something that I use in almost every single match in Halo 3 and Reach

Second, this messes up some custom games. Custom games are just one reason I love Halo as opposed to other games. Some of them do require the ability to navigate while being crouched or going into crouch.

Please, it is awkward in games like Halo to have the B button be crouch by default.

Now I only complain about this, cause none of the other controls schemes look good at all.

Now I do have a proposal for how I think the control layout should be.

Please look and vote

this was one of my first thoughts of what halo 4 controls should be. even before they released the control schemes

EDIT: and plus im typically too lazy to switch my control scheme and try to adapt to it, lolz, so yes, your idea should be the default.

It looks like a decent substitute :slight_smile:

Mine: I tried to make it close to reach and original Halos

RB-reload/action
RT-fire
Y-switch weapon
B-Melee
A-Jump
X-switch grenade
R stick-look/zoom
L stick-move/crouch
LB-sprint/AA
LT-grenade
dpad up/down- toggle sprint or AA
dpad left/right- call ordinance

The biggest problem with having crouch on B is crouch jumping. It’s pretty difficult to jump with A and then switch the B real quick while in mid-air.

The best way to do a default control scheme is to just take Halo 1 and 2’s and just stick sprint and the AA on the bumpers like you have. Simple fix, every knows it already, and it’ll work.

The rest of the schemes can be adapted from other schemes from previous titles.

> It looks like a decent substitute :slight_smile:
>
> Mine: I tried to make it close to reach and original Halos
>
> RB-reload/action
> RT-fire
> Y-switch weapon
> B-Melee
> A-Jump
> X-switch grenade
> R stick-look/zoom
> L stick-move/crouch
> LB-sprint/AA
> LT-grenade
> dpad up/down- toggle sprint or AA
> dpad left/right- call ordinance

Not bad, but the toggling sprint/AA would be odd I think

The only thing i would do was switch grenade to be and melee to lt…

I use boxer though, thats why.

I just dont get why they don’t give you the option for the original Halo layout. It’s not like it’s the only one. They can give you their -Yoink!-ty one as an option too.

This is the Recon layout. I love it.

That’s the layout I’ve wanted ever since day 1. I think it’s so perfect because you can use your armour ability while looking around and moving, sprint like Halo:Reach, and melee doesn’t need to be held so you can stop holding the right stick for a split second. Reload is like Halo 2, and everything just makes sense.

I REALLY hope this is an option cause it’s exactly what I’m hoping for.

> And I made a better Control Layout than the current one!
>
> So B Button for Crouch… Horrible Idea
>
> First off, using both sticks while being able to move and aim is something that I use in almost every single match in Halo 3 and Reach
>
> Second, this messes up some custom games. Custom games are just one reason I love Halo as opposed to other games. Some of them do require the ability to navigate while being crouched or going into crouch.
>
> Please, it is awkward in games like Halo to have the B button be crouch by default.
>
>
> Now I only complain about this, cause none of the other controls schemes look good at all.
>
> Now I do have a proposal for how I think the control layout should be.
>
> Please look and vote
>

how bout costume controls instead?

I would totally play with these controls. All the layouts I have thus far seen are crap.

> > And I made a better Control Layout than the current one!
> >
> > So B Button for Crouch… Horrible Idea
> >
> > First off, using both sticks while being able to move and aim is something that I use in almost every single match in Halo 3 and Reach
> >
> > Second, this messes up some custom games. Custom games are just one reason I love Halo as opposed to other games. Some of them do require the ability to navigate while being crouched or going into crouch.
> >
> > Please, it is awkward in games like Halo to have the B button be crouch by default.
> >
> >
> > Now I only complain about this, cause none of the other controls schemes look good at all.
> >
> > Now I do have a proposal for how I think the control layout should be.
> >
> > Please look and vote
> >

>
> how bout costume controls instead?

As much as I’d love that, It probably won’t happen.

Just a humble bump

YEA OMG YES.

Those are a mixture of Traditional Halo controls(HaloCE+2) and the new functions. Do this!!! 343!!!

Cange X with RB an it’s perfect for Default

[deleted]

That’s exactly how I’d like to see it. Great control scheme.

For me, the link is broken. Can someone post it?

My control scheme would probably be something like this:

Left Thumbstick: Move (Click to crouch)
Right Thumbstick: Aim (Click to zoom)
A: Jump
X: Reload
B: Melee
Y: Switch weapons
RT: Fire
LT: Throw Grenade
RB: Sprint
LB: AA
D-Pad Up: Switch grenade type

> For me, the link is broken. Can someone post it?
>
> My control scheme would probably be something like this:
>
> Left Thumbstick: Move (Click to crouch)
> Right Thumbstick: Aim (Click to zoom)
> A: Jump
> X: Reload
> B: Melee
> Y: Switch weapons
> RT: Fire
> LT: Throw Grenade
> RB: Sprint
> LB: AA
> D-Pad Up: Switch grenade type

OP’s control scheme is almost the same as yours. Only RB and LB are switched.

I’m not sure if this would be overcrowding the function or not, but i was thinking that perhaps clicking the left stick could be used for both crouching and running…have it to where if you’re not moving forward (ie stick pushed to the up position) when you click it would crouch, but if you are walking forward it would cause you to run instead…not to mention midair (where you obviously don’t need to run) you would do the traditional pick up your legs for additional height. Sounds a bit overcrowded, I know, but with a bit of fine tuning I’m confident it would be a good way to handle sprint while keeping a similar control scheme to previous titles.

and personally, I’m not too terribly worried about how Halo 4’s specific layouts will work, as whatever I use I’m sure I’ll adapt, but I do still frequently play all the Halos, and even the subtle differences in control schemes now affects my gameplay…I mean getting in a CQB situation with a brute in H2 can be a bit frustrating when you circle around him go to give him a punch in the back only to switch your grenade type, be taken back for a second realizing that you’re not playing Reach, and die frustrated.