343 please change the text on the BR.

http://fs.gamespress.com/protected/microsoftusfull/artwork/2012/03/na-1-20120307181344/023927ab01974cd9/h4_battlerifle_2_tif_jpgcopy.jpg
The text on the Rifle says it is the BR55HB SR. That is the Halo 3 BR. They don’t look anything alike!
http://www.halopedian.com/images/7/79/BR55HB-BattleRifle-Transparent.png
I’m not saying redesign the Halo 4 BR, just change the text on the the BR so that it doesn’t say that it is the Halo 3 BR.
Also any word on if those are place holder textures on the BR, because they look pretty bad, just saying.

Weapons can be modified cosmetically and in design and still retain the same standard issue name.

They are one in the same, except one has graphics from 5 years later.

The game isnt even finished that was early footage lol Regardless why would they look the same? Why is everyone so afraid of change

> The game isnt even finished that was early footage lol Regardless why would they look the same? Why is everyone so afraid of change

I don’t think its the change part I personally love the new BR but its the fact that there so radically different the BR has a lot of variants I bet they just have not got to the specific name yet or that might just be an updated upgraded version of the same BR from halo 3

> The game isnt even finished that was early footage lol Regardless why would they look the same? Why is everyone so afraid of change

Because I don’t like it when they just go “Lol it never looked like that” There is a difference between updating visuals and designing a completely new weapon. The Halo 4 BR should have a different name. If you even read my post you would see i didn’t say they need to change the Halo 4 BR, just its name.

> > The game isnt even finished that was early footage lol Regardless why would they look the same? Why is everyone so afraid of change
>
> Because I don’t like it when they just go “Lol it never looked like that” There is a difference between updating visuals and designing a completely new weapon. The Halo 4 BR should have a different name. If you even read my post you would see i didn’t say they need to change the Halo 4 BR, just its name.

Well its not going to happen lol you should be more realistic with your desires instead of asking for major changes like that :stuck_out_tongue: It looks more or less the same.

> > > The game isnt even finished that was early footage lol Regardless why would they look the same? Why is everyone so afraid of change
> >
> > Because I don’t like it when they just go “Lol it never looked like that” There is a difference between updating visuals and designing a completely new weapon. The Halo 4 BR should have a different name. If you even read my post you would see i didn’t say they need to change the Halo 4 BR, just its name.
>
> Well its not going to happen lol you should be more realistic with your desires instead of asking for major changes like that :stuck_out_tongue: It looks more or less the same.

Major changes? It’s a simple texture change.

> > > The game isnt even finished that was early footage lol Regardless why would they look the same? Why is everyone so afraid of change
> >
> > Because I don’t like it when they just go “Lol it never looked like that” There is a difference between updating visuals and designing a completely new weapon. The Halo 4 BR should have a different name. If you even read my post you would see i didn’t say they need to change the Halo 4 BR, just its name.
>
> Well its not going to happen lol you should be more realistic with your desires instead of asking for major changes like that :stuck_out_tongue: It looks more or less the same.

Major? It’s a small change to the text… And no, it doesn’t look the same, they have a similar silhouette and that is it.

Weapons can look different cosmetically and be moddifed and still hold the same name.If the weapon works the same then it is the same weapon and the name does not change.

It’s a different developer with a different artistic style. The fact that it looks different doesn’t mean it’s a different gun, so it doesn’t need a new number.

> Weapons can look different cosmetically and be moddifed and still hold the same name.If the weapon works the same then it is the same weapon and the name does not change.

In Halo if it is the same weapon it always looks the same, if they make even a slight modification they have always felt the need to give it a new name.

> It’s a different developer with a different artistic style. The fact that it looks different doesn’t mean it’s a different gun, so it doesn’t need a new number.

Consistency is something they should keep in mind.

> > Weapons can look different cosmetically and be moddifed and still hold the same name.If the weapon works the same then it is the same weapon and the name does not change.
>
> In Halo if it is the same weapon it always looks the same, if they make even a slight modification they have always felt the need to give it a new name.

Not exactly the case. All thats different are the graphics. Same thing happened with the shotgun and assault rifles.

> > > Weapons can look different cosmetically and be moddifed and still hold the same name.If the weapon works the same then it is the same weapon and the name does not change.
> >
> > In Halo if it is the same weapon it always looks the same, if they make even a slight modification they have always felt the need to give it a new name.
>
> Not exactly the case. All thats different are the graphics. Same thing happened with the shotgun and assault rifles.

It was different weapon models though.

> > > > The game isnt even finished that was early footage lol Regardless why would they look the same? Why is everyone so afraid of change
> > >
> > > Because I don’t like it when they just go “Lol it never looked like that” There is a difference between updating visuals and designing a completely new weapon. The Halo 4 BR should have a different name. If you even read my post you would see i didn’t say they need to change the Halo 4 BR, just its name.
> >
> > Well its not going to happen lol you should be more realistic with your desires instead of asking for major changes like that :stuck_out_tongue: It looks more or less the same.
>
> Major? It’s a small change to the text… And no, it doesn’t look the same, they have a similar silhouette and that is it.

I thought u were talking about changing the entire gun lol nvm :stuck_out_tongue: idk why they would change the name either its the BR XD

Change isn’t really the issue here. It’s categorising that change correctly. :wink:

As far as visuals go, it’s a radically different BR model, hence there should be a different official name for it. Like how the Pistol has progressed through the series; M6D, M6C, M6G, etc.

EDIT: Looks up… looks like I’m late to the party. xP

> > > > > The game isnt even finished that was early footage lol Regardless why would they look the same? Why is everyone so afraid of change
> > > >
> > > > Because I don’t like it when they just go “Lol it never looked like that” There is a difference between updating visuals and designing a completely new weapon. The Halo 4 BR should have a different name. If you even read my post you would see i didn’t say they need to change the Halo 4 BR, just its name.
> > >
> > > Well its not going to happen lol you should be more realistic with your desires instead of asking for major changes like that :stuck_out_tongue: It looks more or less the same.
> >
> > Major? It’s a small change to the text… And no, it doesn’t look the same, they have a similar silhouette and that is it.
>
> I thought u were talking about changing the entire gun lol nvm :stuck_out_tongue: idk why they would change the name either its the BR XD

I said all I wanted them to do was change the text. I am also not asking for them to not call it the BR, I’m just saying don’t call it the BR55HB SR, that is the Halo 3 model.

This version of the BR is indeed the halo 3 one. Think about it, if the BR existed in Reach it would look exactly like that. 343 is going dark and gritty on BR just like Bungie with Halo: Reach. Not cartoonish halo 3 style. Personally I prefer this one, not the outdated BR toy from Halo 3

> >
>

Changing the name is major? lolwut (nvm saw your next post)

I agree with the OP. What was wrong with the H3 BR design? Why radically change it so that it is unrecognizable?

I have absolutely nothing against change or updating the graphics, but when it is pointless and makes no sense, I just don’t get why they do it.