343, PLEASE buff player health

Whether it has been visible or not, health has been too low in the series since Halo 2. What was great about the hybrid system in CE is that both Health and Shields were equally important.

Health had 75 hitpoints and Shields had 75 hitpoints(It might have been 100/100 but the point still stands). Some weapons were better at stripping shields while others were better at taking down health. Meanwhile both melee and grenades affected both equally.

Simple and straightforward right?

That’s what I though too. But for some reason it was changed starting in Halo 2. It was especially noticeable in Halo 3 with the melee. Now I am not against a 2HK melee in general with bleedthrough. However with Halo 3s health being so low and the melee being so (comparatively) high. Health felt practically pointless.

This trend continued into Reach where the grenades not only did the same as shield damage but also did an additional 1/3 of the health. This meant pretty much if you took any damage to your shields than you were HOSED by one grenade. To illustrate how low health is compared to shields think about how much lower you health is after one grenade if you even add that little bit of grenade impact damage.

In H2, H3, Reach the Health had 45hitpoints compared to 70 shield hitpoints.

In CE Health had 75 and SHields had 75. Simple, Balanced

Lets do a little experiment.
CE Health system

Melee does 75 points of damage

*Player 1 is sprinting at Player 2 for a double melee
*Player 2 is firing at Player 2 the entire time.
*Player 1 has a sliver of shields before he lands the first melee
*Player 2 Melee back
*Player 1 is left with a sliver of health, Player 2s shields are down only
*Player 2 fires, taking down Player 1 before he can melee again

Seems fair right

In Halo 3 Player 1 could have one if he melee quickly enough and fired a few shots into player 2(because health is so low and in Reach Player 2s bullets would have been ignored(Because of no bleedthrough)

I could keep going but I hope I have illustrated my point.

TL; DR
If Health is EQUAL to Shields in Halo 4 it will lead to
*Better grenade balance
*Better melee balance
*Better weapon balance

EDIT: I am NOT Talking about keeping health packs or anything else of that nature. The same kill times can apply as the other shields systems. It is the PROPORTION of health to shields. I am NOT saying we should be able to take more shots.

P.S. Reach has the exact same ratio of health to shields as Halo 3 45 health, 70 shields.

P.P.S All I am asking is for is an even ratio of health to shields(like in CE)

I am NOT asking for:
*SLower killtimes
*Health packs
*Or lack of health regen.

I personally think its increased bullet magnetism (very, very, much increased) and easier weapons that need to be changed. But whatever.

> I personally think its increased bullet magnetism (very, very, much increased) and easier weapons that need to be changed. But whatever.

The point is it makes zero sense to keep unequal health and shields and will help balance weapons better. Its part of the solution like altering bullet magnetism.

Halo 2 and 3 had health? I thought that it was like this-

Shield-75
Health-25

Health regenerated because it was so low so I thought that it was fairly balanced, but thats just me.

I agree though. I did notice it seemed sorta like health and shields started being unbalanced in halo 3.

> Whether it has been visible or not, health has been too low in the series since Halo 2. What was great about the hybrid system in CE is that both Health and Shields were equally important.
>
> Health had 75 hitpoints and Shields had 75 hitpoints(It might have been 100/100 but the point still stands). Some weapons were better at stripping shields while others were better at taking down health. Meanwhile both melee and grenades affected both equally.
>
> Simple and straightforward right?
>
> That’s what I though too. But for some reason it was changed starting in Halo 2. It was especially noticeable in Halo 3 with the melee. Now I am not against a 2HK melee in general with bleedthrough. However with Halo 3s health being so low and the melee being so (comparatively) high. Health felt practically pointless.
>
> This trend continued into Reach where the grenades not only did the same as shield damage but also did an additional 1/3 of the health. This meant pretty much if you took any damage to your shields than you were HOSED by one grenade. To illustrate how low health is compared to shields think about how much lower you health is after one grenade if you even add that little bit of grenade impact damage.
>
> In H2, H3, Reach the Health had 45hitpoints compared to 70 shield hitpoints.
>
> In CE Health had 75 and SHields had 75. Simple, Balanced
>
> Lets do a little experiment.
> CE Health system
>
> Melee does 75 points of damage
>
> *Player 1 is sprinting at Player 2 for a double melee
> *Player 2 is firing at Player 2 the entire time.
> *Player 1 has a sliver of shields before he lands the first melee
> *Player 2 Melee back
> *Player 1 is left with a sliver of health, Player 2s shields are down only
> *Player 2 fires, taking down Player 1 before he can melee again
>
> Seems fair right
>
> In Halo 3 Player 1 could have one if he melee quickly enough and fired a few shots into player 2(because health is so low and in Reach Player 2s bullets would have been ignored(Because of no bleedthrough)
>
> I could keep going but I hope I have illustrated my point.
>
> TL; DR
> If Health is EQUAL to Shields in Halo 4 it will lead to
> *Better grenade balance
> *Better melee balance
> *Better weapon balance

There were some other differences too though. in CE the shields did not regenerate near as fast as in H2 or H3

> Halo 2 and 3 had health? I thought that it was like this-
>
> Shield-75
> Health-25
>
> Health regenerated because it was so low so I thought that it was fairly balanced, but thats just me.

In Halo 3 and Reach it was Shield-70, Health-45. I’m not quite sure what Halo 2 was but it was a similar case. Unequal Health and shields are unbalanced for halo. Whether or not it is visible doesn’t matter. The hybrid Health/Shield aspect makes Halo unique compared to the simple regenerated health in other games.

> > self-snip
>
> There were some other differences too though. in CE the shields did not regenerate near as fast as in H2 or H3

It doesn’t matter Whether they regen or not Equal Health and Shields are BALANCED, UNequal health and SHields are NOT. I’m not talking about transplanting the CE system completely only the aspect where player health and shields are equal.

It makes grenades and melee affect both health and shields equally.

Please don’t. Halo 2 and Halo 3 had it right.

In my opinion the 70-45 system makes more sense theoretically. If a person loses their bullet proof vest (ie) they aren’t going to be able to take as many bullets as they were originally.

And no bleed through rocks! it makes for a more exact system. You know that if shields aren’t popped, you will never get the headshot or beat down kill. With halo 2 and 3, both players could have the same amount of low health and it was pretty random as to which player got thehead shot kill or beat down kill when it was simultaneous.

Bungie Forever!

> Please don’t. Halo 2 and Halo 3 had it right.

Faster recharging shield = faster gameplay

> In my opinion the 70-45 system makes more sense theoretically. If a person loses their bullet proof vest (ie) they aren’t going to be able to take as many bullets as they were originally.
>
> And no bleed through rocks! it makes for a more exact system. You know that if shields aren’t popped, you will never get the headshot or beat down kill. With halo 2 and 3, both players could have the same amount of low health and it was pretty random as to which player got thehead shot kill or beat down kill when it was simultaneous.
>
> Bungie Forever!

Bleedthrough in Halo 2 and 3 was hardly random. In Halo 2, with the more reasonable melee strength, it wasn’t a problem.

Even in Halo 3, with the ridiculously overpowered melees, it still worked, because there was always a point at which melees killed or didn’t kill… a point of no return, if you will. If your shields were past that point, you died. If they weren’t, you didn’t die. It took quite a lot of time, practice, and attention to figure out where that point was and to use your judgement on whether to charge in or not.

If they did buff the health, and halo 4 has destructable enviroments, i’d be sure to grab a launcher, and wear thick armor, and shoot a destructable wall with the rocket launcher and say in my mic “i’m the juggernaut b#^%*”!

How about this. Your are a super soldier with armour that can withstand a crash from orbit to the ground ( master chief at the begiinig of H3) yet a few bullets with no shields and your dead? that must be fixed somehow.

For shooting, kill times should be quick.

But for meleeing, like the situation you described, this actually makes sense.

Or you know, we can keep the system that made Halo 2 and 3 great and just implement a 3 hit-kill melee.

> Or you know, we can keep the system that made Halo 2 and 3 great and just implement a 3 hit-kill melee.

Halo 2’s Melee system worked exceptionally well post-patch. That is what 343 should strive to recreate (with less melee lunge of course).

POKEMON!!!

Well good post but that will never happen again with the health system that actually slowed down gameplay in my opinion. They are going back to the halo 2 or 3 style shield system and bringing -Yoink!- back with the 4 shot BR. PLus the reason the grenades are so overpowered was because you moved pretty damn slow and you jumped like a turtle. BUT I COULD BE WRONG

DUECES

P.S. THEY ARE TRYING TO PROMOTE FASTER GAMEPLAY, THEY SAID IT THEMESELVES THAT REACH WAS TOO SLOW PACED AND PEOPLE LOST INTEREST FAST. 3 HIT MELEE SUCKS

I don’t care what they do, just so its at least a 4 shot from the BR to kill.