343 PLEASE BLOW MY FREAKING MIND WITH FORGE! :)

Hopefully 343 blows our mind with forge because i wanna see a totally new forge. Not all new just a lot of things new with forge would be amazing!!! Im not expecting a lot from 343 with forge but yet again…I WOULD LOVE THEM FOR BLOWING US AWAY WITH FORGE JUST GIVING US VERY NEW THINGS IN IT!!

It seems as though the one thing people are clamoring for, is the ability to place NPC’s.

> 2603643534586909;2:
> It seems as though the one thing people are clamoring for, is the ability to place NPC’s.

NPC’s would be amazing!! I think that would be amazing for forge mode because of the variety it would add to forge and the game. Instead of going right into making competitive maps like i usually do… i can spend at least a month placing down NPC’s and killing them for fun on an unfair map xD

NPC’s would be a excellent addition to forge. Especially if we can fight them in custom games. I am hoping for the ability to spawn Pelicans and other flying vehicles that we can pilot.

The forge system in H2A consisted of how many items you can place on the map, not the budget. Having the ability to place infinite items on a big world would be my wish.

> 2533274839414114;4:
> NPC’s would be a excellent addition to forge. Especially if we can fight them in custom games. I am hoping for the ability to spawn Pelicans and other flying vehicles that we can pilot.
>
> The forge system in H2A consisted of how many items you can place on the map, not the budget. Having the ability to place infinite items on a big world would be my wish.

Infinite items would put a strain on the system.

> 2533274839414114;4:
> NPC’s would be a excellent addition to forge. Especially if we can fight them in custom games. I am hoping for the ability to spawn Pelicans and other flying vehicles that we can pilot.
>
> The forge system in H2A consisted of how many items you can place on the map, not the budget. Having the ability to place infinite items on a big world would be my wish.

Unlimited amount of pieces but only have a performance bar to know if your map is laggy

> 2533274912702922;6:
> > 2533274839414114;4:
> > NPC’s would be a excellent addition to forge. Especially if we can fight them in custom games. I am hoping for the ability to spawn Pelicans and other flying vehicles that we can pilot.
> >
> > The forge system in H2A consisted of how many items you can place on the map, not the budget. Having the ability to place infinite items on a big world would be my wish.
>
>
> Unlimited amount of pieces but only have a performance bar to know if your map is laggy

Yeah it would be but only one can dream… :slight_smile:

I want weather, time of day, multiple environments, some more decorative props (soda machines, bushes, trash piles etc.) and music selection. All of this for me would be a perfect forge.

The ability to re-texture blocks.

You’re welcome.

I’ll just paste what I said in my Forge thread…

> Streamlining the experience
>
> Sometimes you wish Forging was easier. Admit it, you just do. Suggestions are as follows:
>
> - Multi-selecting objects. This way you can move custom structures with ease, as well as copy/paste them with ease. This is great for symmetrical maps, as you can simply paste the same objects on the opposite side, and it alone will make the Forging process 500% faster.- Object scaling. Why clutter the Forge pallet with 3 of the same object? This is especially useful for building blocks (I guarantee scaling will greatly optimize this tab) rocks, trees, bridges, terrain, and gravity volumes. Of course, they will need to cap the scaling so you don’t make pieces the size of small planets… To prevent stretching textures as well, limit some pieces to only vertical scaling, and some to only horizontal scaling, etc. For aesthetics, this will also help greatly, as Forgers can use textures that smaller pieces offer that larger pieces may not. The need for multiple sizes of building blocks will disappear because of object scaling. So, we can now use that extra room to put different texture variations on the same blocks. I’ll use the 10 x 10 as an example. The new blocks are as follows:
> - 10 x 10 Human
> - 10 x 10 Covenant
> - 10 x 10 Forerunner
>
> Since this is a very large block, making it smaller will be more common than making it bigger. Variations for the ‘long’ blocks, and ‘tall’ blocks will still be added if need be, (just to prevent textures from stretching a lot due to scaling) but overall, the ‘building blocks’ tab will be much smaller if scaling is added.
>
> Toys and other fun additions
>
> Statistics show that 10 out of 10 people suffer from boredom at any given hour of the day :frowning: Let’s raise awareness, together!
>
> - Welding (Gmod players know what this does.) In conjunction with Gravity volumes, this can be used to make detailed moving structures (gondolas, boats, trains with cabins and the like.) Once you stitch multiple objects together you can create some very neat things, and since they share physics, I can imagine this being very useful for interactive elements, such as falling buildings.- Mass. Increase and/or decrease the mass of the selected object. Like the above, this is great for making destructible structures.- Spawning A.I. (of course…) This one goes way back. I’ve seen players (myself included) fantasize about this feature being in Halo as early as Halo 2 and continue to do so, but I suspect fans have wanted it even longer.- A.I. Behavior zonesi.e. Retreat zone, Cover zone, Holdout zone, and a Waypoint object (which causes them to move in a point-to-point fashion between Waypoints) that can be set to ‘random’ or ‘chronological.’ This is so the A.I. can play objective modes and find power positions on maps. ‘Random’ just makes them less predictable… They will shoot at enemy players and go after weapons on the ground automatically (granted the weapon is stronger than what they have.)
> Well, that just about wraps up anything I had in mind. Add your suggestions below.

Forge just keeps getting better and better with each game, im sure 343 wont disapoint on that.

> 2535460843083983;10:
> I’ll just paste what I said in my Forge thread…
>
>
>
> > Streamlining the experience
> >
> > Sometimes you wish Forging was easier. Admit it, you just do. Suggestions are as follows:
> >
> > - Multi-selecting objects. This way you can move custom structures with ease, as well as copy/paste them with ease. This is great for symmetrical maps, as you can simply paste the same objects on the opposite side, and it alone will make the Forging process 500% faster.
> > - Object scaling. *Why clutter the Forge pallet with 3 of the same object? This is especially useful for building blocks (I guarantee scaling will greatly optimize this tab) rocks, trees, bridges, terrain, and gravity volumes. Of course, they will need to cap the scaling so you don’t make pieces the size of small planets… To prevent stretching textures as well, limit some pieces to only vertical scaling, and some to only horizontal scaling, etc. For aesthetics, this will also help greatly, as Forgers can use textures that smaller pieces offer that larger pieces may not.
> > * The need for multiple sizes of building blocks will disappear because of object scaling. So, we can now use that extra room to put different texture variations on the same blocks. I’ll use the 10 x 10 as an example. The new blocks are as follows:
> > - 10 x 10 Human
> > - 10 x 10 Covenant
> > - 10 x 10 Forerunner
> >
> > Since this is a very large block, making it smaller will be more common than making it bigger. Variations for the ‘long’ blocks, and ‘tall’ blocks will still be added if need be, (just to prevent textures from stretching a lot due to scaling) but overall, the ‘building blocks’ tab will be much smaller if scaling is added.
> >
> > Toys and other fun additions
> >
> > Statistics show that 10 out of 10 people suffer from boredom at any given hour of the day :frowning: Let’s raise awareness, together!
> >
> > - Welding (Gmod players know what this does.) In conjunction with Gravity volumes, this can be used to make detailed moving structures (gondolas, boats, trains with cabins and the like.) Once you stitch multiple objects together you can create some very neat things, and since they share physics, I can imagine this being very useful for interactive elements, such as falling buildings.
> > - Mass. Increase and/or decrease the mass of the selected object. Like the above, this is great for making destructible structures.
> > - Spawning A.I. (of course…) This one goes way back. I’ve seen players (myself included) fantasize about this feature being in Halo as early as Halo 2 and continue to do so, but I suspect fans have wanted it even longer.
> > - A.I. Behavior zones
> > i.e. Retreat zone, Cover zone, Holdout zone, and a Waypoint object (which causes them to move in a point-to-point fashion between Waypoints) that can be set to ‘random’ or ‘chronological.’ This is so the A.I. can play objective modes and find power positions on maps. ‘Random’ just makes them less predictable… They will shoot at enemy players and go after weapons on the ground automatically (granted the weapon is stronger than what they have.)
> > Well, that just about wraps up anything I had in mind. Add your suggestions below.

Ha. Ha ha. I see that eloquent copy/paste job. What, thought I wouldn’t notice?

Well tickle my -Yoink- and call me Samantha some very elaborate ideas. I remember i came up with a list of amazing new forge ideas but never really knew about forums at the time so i just kept it to my self :frowning:

> 2533274912702922;13:
> Well tickle my -Yoink- and call me Samantha some very elaborate ideas. I remember i came up with a list of amazing new forge ideas but never really knew about forums at the time so i just kept it to my self :frowning:

Yeah I feel like it was just yesterday I saw you in roll call!

I’m one of the many people that doesn’t engage in forging, but I enjoy the output of all the creative people that do Forge. Thusly, I hope you get everything you want in Forge mode.

all i want is bigger maps and the ability to place more objects

Things I’d like to see in Halo 5’s Forge:
-NPCs
-Pelicans and Phantoms
-Editable map terrain
-Unlimited budget

It would be awesome if they added certain vehicles into forge and custom games like the pelican.

> 2533274912702922;1:
> Hopefully 343 blows our mind with forge because i wanna see a totally new forge. Not all new just a lot of things new with forge would be amazing!!! Im not expecting a lot from 343 with forge but yet again…I WOULD LOVE THEM FOR BLOWING US AWAY WITH FORGE JUST GIVING US VERY NEW THINGS IN IT!!

YES! YYEESSSS!!!

> 2533274811518740;17:
> It would be awesome if they added certain vehicles into forge and custom games like the pelican.

They should understand that some things in forge and customs DO NOT NEED TO BE IN MATCH MAKING!!!

Hopefully we will get huge maps, and maybe even Pelicans and the return of Falcons.
If we got those I’m sold