343 please balance Team Objective

Team Objective is only a small playlist that has a steady following but thats no reason to leave it with some minor annoyances.

Please can DROP SHIELD be removed from all Bomb & 1 Flag gametypes as its highly abusive (like it was in Oddball before it was removed). In any game were you can hold or shield yourself with a one hit melee weapon over a point of objective is really stupid and doesn’t let the game continue as if you enter a shield while they are planting a bomb you will be kill instantly, and when you add the factor of long respawns (10-15sec) it becomes an impossible challenge to over throw them. They are how ever fine in games with two way traffic like 2 Flag and Headhunter as both teams can benefit from its qualities without unfairly gaining an advantage on your opponent.

Please can you also look into EVADE as its fast making other armour abilities redundant because of its rapid movement in small places or in moving to advantage points around the maps. Its also requires very little effort compared to other abilities as unlike sprint you can roll in complete 360* movement twice, every other ability will need to turn or think about the choices they make in game but evade simple exits the combat area with ease and the safety of a constantly moving head minimising headshot’s. Its also the only ability were melee weapons take on a whole new meaning to close combat as your range is now 20m minimum with a sword or shotgun because of its rapid acceleration over big distances doing things sprint wouldn’t even dream of doing! Its has come to the point were no other ability can stand a chance against evade resulting in everyone using it, making choice with abilities a waste of time. Please remove or make this ability a weapon on the map like in MLG on certain maps to allow some ability choices and classic’ish halo gameplay to grace Team Objective again. Sprint, Armour Lock, Camo & Holo are better balanced among one an other as I believe that Evade was created with Elites in mind not Spartans.

Also…

> Wraith removal on Hemorrhage Assault
> Stockpile voting lowering slightly as its too high right now

I really enjoy Objective because its the only playlist thats doesn’t have hordes of jet packing players flying in from everywhere, and has focused gameplay over either 4 rounds of 1 Flag or constant involvement with games like 3 plots, Oddball or Hot Potato. But with minor niggles like these making for unfair play it creates a really buzz kill in certain gametypes.

Its not because I don’t like these things its because I know there are breaking down & harming gameplay that I mention these issues. Thanks for your time.

Though you might not agree with this. I would like for your K/D ratio in Objective not to count. I haven’t played a game in weeks where someone wasn’t sitting back and raking in kills from afar. I know some will say it helps the team. I understand this but when someone just hangs out around the ball/flag or whatever and doesn’t even try to score something is wrong!! Anyway my 2 cent. I also agree with drop shield removal :smiley:

I agree “sort of” Reach has the worst stat display in game as it doesn’t tell you the percentage of wins you have opting for a childish wins only, I see people with Mythic rank but less wins then I have at Field Marshal which makes me laugh as either there win percentage is shockingly low or they have just played fire fight forever to boost commendations. Either way its a mess and does nothing to better focus people on the goal of winning.

Yes People use to boost in 2 & 3 for ranks but it gave some incentive to preform on the field rather then be a dead weight for others to carry them.

I think that Reach Objective is a harder place to be overall because of the abilities making regular objective gaming more chaotic and challenging. Some of my favoured gametypes are Pro because it balances the players like they would of been in previous games.

I use to pick Hologram constantly for Crazy King but with Evade been so useful I haven’t picked any other ability over it since it was implemented. All I want to see is some balance back in Objective and I believe if you were to remove Drop Shield & Evade it would be one of the best playlists on Reach right now.

Evade should really be completely excluded from the Team Objective play list altogether.

I love seeing members involving themselves and try to make a difference, but I’m afraid you have to head over to the optimatch forum over at Bungie.net if you want to have any impact on Halo Reach’s multiplayer :slight_smile:

I have to lol at “Evade makes all other AAs redundant”, especially when you also complain about how OP Drop Shield is in the same post. I think you’ll find that’s Armour Lock.

> I have to lol at “Evade makes all other AAs redundant”, especially when you also complain about how OP Drop Shield is in the same post. I think you’ll find that’s Armour Lock.

I will tell you why Armour Lock is not a problem in Team Objective. Armour Lock unlike Evade locks you in one place with zero capable action while a number of different objective based things are going on meaning that when using AL you never really alter the result of thing in this playlist like people running away with the flag or racking up time in a hill. AL is best place in Objective as its a defending ability and if used wrongly or recklessly it will leave you lagging behind a carrier or somebody on there way to the objective area. This reason is why its a rarely used ability in Objective but still balanced and a great skill to see somebody pull it off.

Evade on the other hand acts like AL in the way you avoid damage but gains the ability of Sprint as you can operate both around and also in chase of either the carrier or objective. This rapid movement gets you from point A to point B twice as fast as Sprint with minimised weapon lowering, unlike AL it keeps you in the battle providing no rest or positional advantage in any objective situation for your opponent. Coupled with amazing melee capabilities and a easily avoidable killing shot scenario when exiting areas it becomes unstoppable against every other ability other then itself. “How is there any balance there?”

Try playing Objective and find someone using AL, its very hard to find someone who is both skilled with it while doing very well in most objective based games like CTF & KOTH. Your thinking of AL and instantly jumping on the Slayer complain train were AL is like the equivalent of what Drop Shield does in Objective, which is halt and hinder smooth gameplay because just like were Slayer require kills to gain points, people using DS over plant pads create a 0% chance of been kill and in turn score a bomb plant every single time, the same as denying you a kill in Slayer!

Your turn.

I honestly don’t play a lot of objective, but in the beta you could AL on the flag, bomb, etc. and return it. Has this been fixed because if not, chain ALing as a team can easily return any objective.

I agree with most of this, except for the drop shield part. If the enemy is using a drop shield over an objective, just use standard weapons to pop it. It’s not invincible like a bubble shield.

I agree. I don’t play Objective itself but certain gametypes shouldn’t have DS in it. Same with AL. As far as Evade being used so often, hell ya when I can I do. It should be a permanent ability with grenade toggle somewhere on the D-pad.

2 AAs, 1 Evade permanent. The other, well other (for the next Halo).

> I agree. I don’t play Objective itself but certain gametypes shouldn’t have DS in it. Same with AL. As far as Evade being used so often, hell ya when I can I do. It should be a permanent ability with grenade toggle somewhere on the D-pad.
>
> 2 AAs, 1 Evade permanent. The other, well other (for the next Halo).

Two AAs? Bungie had trouble balancing everyone having one! Lol

Thought it would be obvious that Evade isn’t an AA by that intent. You can jump and evade. One vertical, one horizontal quick movement button.

The AA itself is completely different.

> I agree. I don’t play Objective itself but certain gametypes shouldn’t have DS in it. Same with AL. As far as Evade being used so often, hell ya when I can I do. It should be a permanent ability with grenade toggle somewhere on the D-pad.
>
> 2 AAs, 1 Evade permanent. The other, well other (for the next Halo).

As good as this ability is it too strong against its other counterparts. Sprint need to be facing forward meaning you will need to turn and then use to exit the combat area, Evade simple rolls backwards in half the time. This is not fair and I do believe that Evade is the only ability in Reach that needs altering because of its versatility!

“I too use it 100% of the time in Team Objective and really any other playlist its available, but its too strong and shouldn’t be an option for Spartans. Instead there should of been a playlist for Elite so that Evade could sit in a balanced playlist were it was designed to be used. - This isn’t Gears of War -”

If Evade could only be done forwards it would be balanced, like Sprint you would have to look in the direction of travel. Designers should of done this ages ago or they never tested it for spartans meaning the Reach was clutching at straw trying to keep people playing by wrecking everything in sight.