343, please add grenade and hammer physics back!

After playing the tech preview and reading the new article, i noticed that:

1. You are now unable to grenade OR hammer jump (and the hammer doesn’t send people flying anymore :frowning:
  2. The article mentions none of this, despite me hearing quite a lot of people mentioning this.

These things have been a part of halo for so long its sad to see them go :frowning:

Well the Halo 3 Spartans went waaaaaaay far beyond another galaxy - but I’m also really pissed because since Reach the Gravity Hammer doesn’t really feel like an real gravity hammer. Like why the heck didn’t I got beaten away at least 50 to 100 meters?

Still mssing it.

I saw a post on Reddit talking about this, and I really hope they can bring those physics back. A gravity hammer without physics just doesn’t make sense.

Honestly its really disappointing that they don’t have any plans to change the Gravity Hammer because they can’t separate two separate criticisms from one another.

1.) The main attack is too powerful
2.) The hammer swings too slowly.

Now while that sounds like just calls for nerf or a buff on paper, but that isn’t the case. The first is that the “gravity” part of the gravity hammer is absurdly powerful with excessive range and AOE. You don’t need any sort of precision or finesse whatsoever it just feels like anything within you field a view within a certain range dies.

The second issue is that the clunky and slow swing speed simply isn’t very fun to use. Its clearly meant to balance the hammers absurd power, but that’s the problem. The hammer’s damage and AOE should be nerfed with a higher swing speed to compensate. Its about changing how the hammer works not just a simple matter of Group A wants a nerf while Group B wants a buff.

I don’t know how both Bungie and 343 have failed to understand what made the original H3 hammer fun, The gravity pulse should be less about damage and more about physics impulse while the actual hammer does the damage.

Re; Grenades they also need their physics back, especially when it comes to nading weapons, I have no idea why 343 limited the “Combat Evolved” to just plasma grenade

the gravity hammer can have a seconday fire mode. The infinite’s slow swing and power and a secodary fire that is fast, weaker, and has the gravity effect. Might be to powerful though

god hammer jumping made for some great custom games, hope It just wasnt there because early build.

I hope they improve the physics in the next flight or at launch.

yes, gravity hammer physics are needed

> 2535447979542749;1:
> After playing the tech preview and reading the new article, i noticed that:
> 1. You are now unable to grenade OR hammer jump (and the hammer doesn’t send people flying anymore :frowning:
> 2. The article mentions none of this, despite me hearing quite a lot of people mentioning this.
>
> These things have been a part of halo for so long its sad to see them go :frowning:

That’s crazy. They should add explosive physics to their sandbox shooter for sure for sure.
I’m sure they’ll fix it eventually… hopefully

Overall, I agreed with most of the flight feedback article. However, there were a few intentional major omissions and even a few negatively recieved features that were falsified to have been received positively.

Completely agree, blast/shockwave physics are as vintage Halo as you can get. Hoping to see them correct it post-flight.