343, Options are the key to making everyone happy.

Now there has been a lot of talk among the community about whether this or that mechanic should be apart of “Halo” but there is a way to make everyone happy and that is giving us options that will allow both the community and 343 to quickly and easily adjust gametypes and core gameplay based on player feedback.

1.) Give us the option to adjust or remove all the “new” features. Don’t get me wrong, I’m open to new things but being able to adjust Bloom or bleedthrough should have been in Reach from the start. I am actually really interested in the recoil for the BR(especially if it is used like ODST) but inevitably there will be people who dislike that aspect and it ought to be adjusted. If it turns out to be a little to ihigh for the community as a whole than we should ingame options to adjust it like bloom percentages.

2.) Give us more detailed Player and weapon/equipment options. Give us the options to customise both Player Health and shield strength separately (If we have equal health and shields from the start we might not need this feature), options to modify both Grenade and melee damage is also essential and weapons modifiers for both health/shield/and overall damage as well as any damage to vehicles(Not individual weapon modifiers but overall ones to keep damage changes uniform without affecting grenades or melee).

Another very important aspect has more to due with 343 being willing to adjust individual weapons, vehicles, and equipment post launch. IF something is pretty uniformly considering underpowered as a weapon such as say a Plasma Repeater than I hope 343 will take the time to appropriately patch things we can’t in customs.

And I hope the are willing to look at certain aspects of gameplay and adjust them. I really wish standard Reach gameplay could have adopted the MLG style use of AAs as pickups or something along those lines.

TL;DR
The more options we are given means a larger variety of players can be satisfied

Agreed, more customization would help a lot in Halo 4. That way if players did not like the new features, they could change it to the way like it (good thinking!).

It’s almost as important to give each group of players something to do in matchmaking. You don’t want to leave a lot of people stuck in customs.

I agree, more options means a more variety of custom gametypes aswell. we should be able to change individual weapons too, or at least each vehicles damage maybe on forge.

> It’s almost as important to give each group of players something to do in matchmaking. You don’t want to leave a lot of people stuck in customs.

Thats what I am saying. If it is an options in customs that that makes it much easier to make adjustments without doing full TUs

> It’s almost as important to give each group of players something to do in matchmaking. You don’t want to leave a lot of people stuck in customs.

agree, but how? It would be really hard to appeal to such a large group.

I kind of see what you are saying. We should have removable features that we can re-add if we change our mind in th matchmaking. I can see that. It should only pair you up with players who have the same settings set. Kind of like the player preference settings in Halo 3 where you could choose to play with chatty people or competitive, etc. However i was sad because I never found chatty people to play with :frowning:

1st, you cannot satisfy everybody. That is a fact…

2nd, if you mean that people can choose if they have bloom and health or something else on Matchmaking, then no. If you mean a high variety in playlists or custom games or stuff like that, then yes. But I doubt it is the 1st thing. (=

> 1st, you cannot satisfy everybody. That is a fact…
>
> 2nd, if you mean that people can choose if they have bloom and health or something else on Matchmaking, then no. If you mean a high variety in playlists or custom games or stuff like that, then yes. But I doubt it is the 1st thing. (=

You are missing the point. The point is to have as many custom game options as possible so people can 1.) create custom games that satisfy their tastes AND 2.) Make it easy for 343 to adjust gametypes in playlists based on player feed back in regular MM updates instead of having to resort to huge TU updates in order to fix the game like they had to do for Reach.

Problem is that multiplayer matchmaking cannot be customizable. It’s a way of life of consoles. I’m pretty sure that for PC’s it would work though.

> > 1st, you cannot satisfy everybody. That is a fact…
> >
> > 2nd, if you mean that people can choose if they have bloom and health or something else on Matchmaking, then no. If you mean a high variety in playlists or custom games or stuff like that, then yes. But I doubt it is the 1st thing. (=
>
> You are missing the point. The point is to have as many custom game options as possible so people can 1.) create custom games that satisfy their tastes AND 2.) Make it easy for 343 to adjust gametypes in playlists based on player feed back in regular MM updates instead of having to resort to huge TU updates in order to fix the game like they had to do for Reach.

But if some people like the gametypes, and some don’t and complain, and 343i changes them by their taste, the people who liked it won’t like it. Well, at least a little part. But I think you are missing my point and I don’t blame you for that as I lack in English and explain my opinions horribly wrong sometimes.

But I understand you completely now and I get your point and agree. I just didn’t understand if you meant options in MM or Custom Games. (=

> 1st, you cannot satisfy everybody. That is a fact…
>
> 2nd, if you mean that people can choose if they have bloom and health or something else on Matchmaking, then no. If you mean a high variety in playlists or custom games or stuff like that, then yes. But I doubt it is the 1st thing. (=

1. That doesn’t mean you should not try to satisfy everyone and leave a huge portion in the dark.

2. It is more custom game orientated.

> > 1st, you cannot satisfy everybody. That is a fact…
> >
> > 2nd, if you mean that people can choose if they have bloom and health or something else on Matchmaking, then no. If you mean a high variety in playlists or custom games or stuff like that, then yes. But I doubt it is the 1st thing. (=
>
> 1. That doesn’t mean you should not try to satisfy everyone and leave a huge portion in the dark.
>
> 2. It is more custom game orientated.

I never said that we shoudln’t try that. I just said that to OP because he said that it would make everybody happy. But I didn’t mean anything bad with that nor did I want to insult anybody so sorry if I did that. (= Brofist?