343 on instant respawn.... are you serious???

This quote about why 343 likes instant respawn from the podcast is why it’s tough to trust 343 in regards to a majority of their changes:

“i like it because i’m very much a bulldog when i play. i like to jump into situations i have no situations doing so, just to see how many people i can kill before i die, so the second i die i gotta hit that button and get back into it. even in situations where i know it’s absolutely the wrong thing to do, there is someone with a rocket launcher out there, and if i spawn and run right at them they’re going to turn around and shoot me in the face, but i just can’t stop myself from doing it.”

“i do the exact same thing.”

when 343 says “trust us”, it’s pretty tough to do so after hearing garbage like this. whoever was talking about this is clearly bad at the game. instant respawn with shields is a TERRIBLE idea to begin with. on top of that, it doesn’t punish dying. in halo it’s about winning the game, and you should be punished for dying and have to wait to spawn. this is not cod. this is not about playing for stats. halo is halo. frankie, you can say “trust us” as much as you want, but when people on the development team clearly do not understand how to play a game competitively, and make decisions that effect the standard multiplayer settings because “i just like spawning right away and running into a rocket launcher to see if i can maybe kill 2 people, and then do it again, even if i have no chance”… well, that’s why reach’s online population dropped right after launch. and it will happen again with h4.

edit:

the following scenario is why instant respawn does not work with shields and does not belong in halo:
i fight you on sanctuary in rocks on your side of the map and out BR you, but you popped my shields. you instantly spawn in either hut or courtyard, look right, and there i am in rocks. headshot. we just traded kills. you say it’ll be just like respawning has always been. but if it took 3 seconds for you to respawn, by the time you spawn in hut, i am either at your jump-up, your flag, or still in rocks with shields beginning to recharge. completely different.

I was not liking that they did not make a point about people rushing the guy who just killed them before their shields can go up.

Instant re spawn sounds really bad.

It’s defiantly gana be abused, that’s for sure.

Ehhhh… It only happens in Slayer gametypes, from what I’ve heard, and I don’t believe we would spawn RIGHT next to the person we killed anyway. We’ll just have to watch a Team Slayer game until we know how these Instant Respawns even work with the gameplay.

I’m just glad it won’t happen in my CTF. That would piss me off to no end.

They’re so stupid it’s actually funny at this point

> I was not liking that they did not make a point about people rushing the guy who just killed them before their shields can go up.
>
> Instant re spawn sounds really bad.

exactly. if you push in the other team’s base and out BR someone, they can spawn while you’re one shot and know exactly where you are. it’s the new double beat down.

Holy crap! Someone actually said this?

Keep giving me reasons to stop caring about Halo’s multiplayer, 343i. I would like to stop paying for XBL. :slight_smile:

Instant respawn means to me, that my teammates will be killing them selves more than ever. Sigh, my shoulders hurt already from the thought of carrying their weight. I see many of these changes as hurting the game less skillfull and competitive. At the least they need to confirm a pro playlist that would do with out all these bad changes.

my biggest problem with it is that even with a countdown people manage stupid scores like 3-19 imagine if they didn’t wait between each death? their score could easily be much worse D:

> my biggest problem with it is that even with a countdown people manage stupid scores like 3-19 imagine if they didn’t wait between each death? their score could easily be much worse D:

oh god i hadn’t even thought of that. this could get ugly.

People are annoyed that they have to wait 3 seconds to spawn now. They’re never for the idea of adding like, a 10 second spawn timer in an Objective based game or anything.

> my biggest problem with it is that even with a countdown people manage stupid scores like 3-19 imagine if they didn’t wait between each death? their score could easily be much worse D:

Jesus Christ, how horrifying!

People. Instant respawns are only available in Slayer gametypes (in Matchmaking, i’d imagine it’s an option for custom games).

In addition, why why do you assume you’ll just spawn right next to someone all the time? I’m sorry, was that a common occurance in Reach, or any of the previous games? No.

It’ll be just like respawning has always been, except quicker. BOTTOM, -Yoinking!-, LINE.

There, got that outta my system.

> I was not liking that they did not make a point about people rushing the guy who just killed them before their shields can go up.
>
> Instant re spawn sounds really bad.

How about…no?
The only time you would even risk facing the same guy you just killed while your shields are down, is if you camp at his/her base, and spawn killing/camping is not a nice tactic. However, in previous games any “random” player could potentially spawn when your shields were down and no one complained?
The only time this is an issue is if you’re camping the same spot, and if that chosen spot is very close to their base. If you do so, you’re far from skilled, one might even say not to bright, since it clearly ain’t a good idea…

Instant respawn promotes teamplay and helps players to avoid spawn traps or getting crushed by another team camping power weapons. It makes the game pace faster and shortens killtimes, many things people complained about in Reach is instantly fixed.
As said above, if this is a problem to you, you really need to leave that bush, man up and get some skills, or at least a decent tactic.

> > I was not liking that they did not make a point about people rushing the guy who just killed them before their shields can go up.
> >
> > Instant re spawn sounds really bad.
>
> How about…no?
> The only time you would even risk facing the same guy you just killed while your shields are down, is if you camp at his/her base, and spawn killing/camping is not a nice tactic. However, in previous games any “random” player could potentially spawn when your shields were down and no one complained?
> The only time this is an issue is if you’re camping the same spot, and if that chosen spot is very close to their base. If you do so, you’re far from skilled, one might even say not to bright, since it clearly ain’t a good idea…
>
> Instant respawn promotes teamplay and helps players to avoid spawn traps or getting crushed by another team camping power weapons. It makes the game pace faster and shortens killtimes, many things people complained about in Reach is instantly fixed.
> As said above, if this is a problem to you, you really need to leave that bush, man up and get some skills, or at least a decent tactic.

um wow. really? instant respawn in no way promotes teamplay because it does not punish dying. in addition, if a team is camping power weapons or your spawn for a whole match, it is because they are far superior to your team. you’ll get destroyed either way. it in no way shortens kill times (still takes 4 shots to kill). and another thing, pushing to the enemy’s side is called map control. but now you can spawn, see me, and finish me off right after i killed you. how is that fair? should i never be on the other team’s side of the map now?

> People. Instant respawns are only available in Slayer gametypes (in Matchmaking, i’d imagine it’s an option for custom games).
>
>
> In addition, why why do you assume you’ll just spawn right next to someone all the time? I’m sorry, was that a common occurance in Reach, or any of the previous games? No.
>
> It’ll be just like respawning has always been, except quicker. BOTTOM, -Yoinking!-, LINE.
>
> There, got that outta my system.

1. Why are instant spawns ok if they’re only in slayer?

2. Yes it actually happens all the time in Reach.

3. It will be very different and it worries me you don’t realize that.

> People. Instant respawns are only available in Slayer gametypes (in Matchmaking, i’d imagine it’s an option for custom games).
>
>
> In addition, why why do you assume you’ll just spawn right next to someone all the time? I’m sorry, was that a common occurance in Reach, or any of the previous games? No.
>
> It’ll be just like respawning has always been, except quicker. BOTTOM, -Yoinking!-, LINE.
>
> There, got that outta my system.

scenario:

i fight you on sanctuary in rocks on your side of the map and out BR you, but you popped my shields. you instantly spawn in either hut or courtyard, look right, and there i am in rocks. headshot. we just traded kills. you say it’ll be just like respawning has always been. but if it took 3 seconds for you to respawn, by the time you spawn in hut, i am either at your jump-up, your flag, or still in rocks with shields beginning to recharge. completely different.

> in halo it’s about winning the game, and you should be punished for dying and have to wait to spawn. this is not cod. this is not about playing for stats. halo is halo.

Couldn’t of said it better myself

Ehhh it’s w/e…Im neutral on this subject. I just want to fastforward time and look at some MM videooooo >:/

We can trust them. It WILL work. Just think about it. There will be no wait time anymore. You can just jump back into the game of Halo without any delay. It will make for such an addicting game. They even stated how addicting it is. Being able to jump right back in to the sandbox awesomeness that Halo is. Imagine yourself trying to stay alive without dying out BR/DMR/ARing everyone in sight. Of course there is going to be something going on in the game almost at all times. Halo is a different game because of it shield system and this paired with instant respawn is going to play amazing. This means more 1v1,2v2,3v1 duals happening more often.