343 needs to see this.

Now, before I start, this is all my opinion. I know some of you will have different opinons, and may or may not agree with everything listed below.

I’ve been playing Halo 4 on and off since the game came out on November 6. I really like the game. The game is overall well made. There’s just a few mistakes that 343 made in making this game. If it weren’t for these few things, Halo 4 would be excellent. Now here’s my list of things that made Halo 4 what it is that I think should be changed. TL;DR at bottom.

- The DMR
What can I say? The DMR is a beast. Just, too beast. The rate of fire being faster than it was in Reach, almost zero bloom, extreme effective range, and still retaining the 5 shot kill make it the most powerful weapon in the loadout primaries. These atributes make the weapon, in my opinion, overpowered. Plus, with no descope when shot, you can stay scoped all day and destroy anyone in your path. It’s devastating for the other players on the team that choose not to use it. Now, there’s 3 things that could be done to fix it:

1. Nerf it. Easy, cut down the effective range, reduce the RoF, make it a 6 shot kill, and/or increase the bloom. All these, and some combined, would make the weapon a more balanced loadout weapon.

2. Make it a map weapon. If they could take it out of the loadouts, maybe (or not, whatever floats their boat) choose one nerf from #1, and make it a map/ordinance weapon, it’d be just fine.

3. Remove it. That’d be probably the simplest way to resolve the situation. Some say it’d be a little to radical to just remove it. I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but that’s just me. I never really liked the DMR in the first place when it first made an appearance in Reach.

- Loadout Secondaries
I found it pretty cool to customize what sidearm to start off with at first, but now it’s become not so great. You can choose between the Magnum, which I think should be the only sidearm you can choose for a secondary at the time, Plasma Pistol, which is an EMP master and allows you to start off with the dreaded “n00b combo”, and the Boltshot, which put simply is a little shotgun with big power. Easily, what they could do is just make the other sidearms map weapons and only allow a Magnum secondary sidearm to use. That way, you have to fight to get your EMP or mini shotty.

- The Boltshot’s power
It’s a semi automatic pistol with the ability to deliver an overcharged shot with the power larger than the Shotgun and Scattershot. From many tests and from experience online, the Boltshot’s 1 shot kill range is larger than the 2 map shotguns. And easily, what they could do is decrease the Boltshot’s 1 shot kill range to not as big as the 2 shotguns. Plus, making it a map weapon would be great so that when you’re in CQC, one can not spawn with a shotgun and they have to fight to get their shotguns.

- Armor Abilities
They were a nuisance, of course for me, in Reach. And now they made the unwanted return in Halo 4. Really, I don’t see a place for Armor Abilities in Halo anymore. They were tested in Reach, brought back in Halo 4, and are now beginning to be, like I said before, a nuisance. Just trash them. I’ve already started. None of my loadouts have them, but I think we should guarantee that no one has any.

- Kill Cams
From everyone’s experience, they’re pretty much useless. Most of the time, they aren’t reliable. They show the first person view of your killer, but half the time it shows them shooting like 10 feet to either side of you and not directly at you. They’re really glitchy, and I see no point in them in Halo 4.

- Instant Respawn
It was kind of cool at first, but now it’s not so great. You kill a guy, he respawns instantly, you now have to deal with him again. Or, you die, instantly respawn, and now you don’t have time to think of something else to do without watching the pointless kill cam in some gametypes and more enemies are just around the corner. It’s a lose-lose situation.

- Join in Progress
Once again, another failed project not meant for Halo 4. It obviously doesn’t work very well according to many other user accounts. And, like many have said already, most of the time you’ll end up on the losing side at the end of the game or at the point where it’s no use trying to catch up.

- Flinch and No Descope
Yeah, flinch does impair your ability to aim for a short time, but it’s easy to counteract. And with Stability, you reduce the flinch and now you can stay scoped and mow down enemies all day. This was a bad idea due to all scoped weapons, like the Sniper, DMR, ect. being able to stay scoped and stay on target, thus reducing strain in a firefight. Now, DMRs can cross map with ease, snipers can stay on target, and everyone who’s not staying at a range with a long range weapon is doomed unless they get up close and personal. Descope always tested your ability at a long range engagement in past Halos and was widely accepted. I don’t understand why they had to get rid of it for this.

- No “X” when dead
This was a great indicator that your team needed help where you weren’t at and allowed you to know where oncoming enemies were approaching. Now it’s gone, along with the famous “-on my X” call out that was very useful in past games. Once again, confusion as to why it’s gone.

- Perks
Like most ideas that we learned that would be in Halo 4, these sounded cool for a time. But right now, they aren’t really fitting in to the Halo gamestyle we are used to. Yeah, some are good, like extra ammunition and firepower to have AR and BR starts like Slayer BRs in Halo 3, but a lot are kinda in the way and are game breaking, like extra grenades, more explosive damage, and resupplying grenades. Just adds more hectic grenade spamming to the game. All in all, I could sacrifice extra mags and a BR secondary to have no perks period.

Well that’s all I got for now. I give thanks to those that read through the entire post. But for those who didn’t read through the entirety of the post, here you go:

TL;DR
DMR needs a nerf or needs to go, only Magnum sidearm secondaries (you can still use your firepower perk :slight_smile: ), nerf the Boltshot, get rid of Armor Abilities, Kill Cams, Instant Respawn, and Join in Progress, bring back Descope and “X” when dead, and remove perks.

Thanks for your time. I really hope 343 sees this post and take some of these changes into account. I love Halo 4, but somethings really need to change. Have a nice evening, or day.

I agree with a lot of your points. Kill cams seem pretty pointless, I don’t know why the put that in. Instant re-spawn was put in to keep the game at a fast pace, and it’s only in certain game-types, but it gets pretty annoying when the dude I just killed is running up to me while charging up his Boltshot to kill me in 1 shot. I agree with both nerfing the DMR and the Boltshot. I do like my plasma pistol noob combo, but seeing how fast I can take out a tank and/or warthog, especially if I have plasma grenades, is pretty shocking. Join in progress again like instant re-spawn was meant for good, but didn’t work it as they wanted it too. I’ve had enemy teams completely rage quit and the game will end, or I won’t get any teammates if my original teammates leave. Sometimes if they join, they’ll leave or just go afk too. I liked de-scoping over flinching as well, flinching is just a pain. Last but not least, Armor abilities… with the feedback they got from Halo:Reach I don’t know why they put those in Halo:4. Hopefully they will fix some of these issues, and hopefully other issues they can’t be fixed with a TU won’t show up in the next Halo games. Even with these issues and a few others, I still find this game enjoyable though.

Also, there is a competitive playlist coming out mid-February, I think. I know they are getting rid of instant re-spawn for that. They also have selected load-outs to pick from for that playlist so everyone has the same selection. However I don’t know if they are gonna have all the secondaries, or if they’ll have armor abilities either. Most likely both, but we’ll see, for more information, it’s floating around in the matchmaking forums I believe.

Cool info on the competitive playlist. I oughta check it out. Can’t wait til February now! :slight_smile:

I like AA’s except for active camo and jetpack.

Just let the game die, seriously.

I don’t know if these numbers are reliable, but if they are, then good job 343, thanks for listening to your fans.

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

I can completely understand where 343i was coming from when making Halo 4’s multiplayer.
They wanted to create a fast-paced, action-packed experience. Accordingly, they took ideas from competitors, such as Call of Duty.

The problem is that Halo has always had fast-paced gameplay; it’s well known for it. However, previous Halos’ gameplay is best described as, “hectic”, just look for any video of someone going for a killionaire to see this in full force. Conversely, CoD’s gameplay can be best described as, “chaotic”. It’s unpredictable and inconsistent; it’s full of surprises. It’s also incredibly casual-friendly.

Elements such as instant respawn don’t necessarily make the game faster-paced, they make the game more chaotic. There’s less breathing room, and you are always in the action. Something is always happening, whether it be a grenade to the face or a wall of bullets. That said, Halo didn’t need any of this; it was fine as is.
Halo 4’s multiplayer experience can be summed up in just one word: “-Yoink-”.

> Just let the game die, seriously.
>
> I don’t know if these numbers are reliable, but if they are, then good job 343, thanks for listening to your fans.
>
> http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

Ugh, how could I have forgotten the guys that bring this chart back up. Seriously, the game is still I full swing and going great. That chart only tracks war games population over certain times. That chart is not very accurate. There’s still a lot of people playing customs, Spartan Ops, Forge, and Campaign.

>
> I don’t know if these numbers are reliable, but if they are, then good job 343, thanks for listening to your fans.
>

I like the Halo universe way too much to let it go out this way, I’d rather give feedback and try to help 343i mold the game into something better than to just give up on it entirely. Also as long as I can find a game in a decent amount of time, I’ll still continue to play it. I don’t care about population. That’s why I still play Halo:3 and Halo:Reach from time to time.

How about no

I agree with your points on the Boltshot, DMR (which needs a slower RoF) and AA’s. They’re just useless and get in the way. And no one should spawn in sooner than 3 seconds.

Agree on all of your posts except: that I’m neutral on AAs and JIP is fine for social playlists.

AAs: these things need more balancing and I would prefer if they spawned on map like the equipment from Halo 3.

JIP: great for social and playing with friends, however not so good in competitive games.

Shout out to 343i for starting a competitive playlist! Can’t wait for Feb now…

Edit: Oh, and perks need to go. They unbalance the gameplay too much.

Oh, heck yeah man! You know what, I’m gonna edit the OP to include perks right now.

Thanks for making the edit, you’ve got a amazing list here.

Favorited this thread!

So, uh, how about we keep this thread alive? We’ve got a great list of changes that could make Halo 4 absolutely flawless. If 343 could take these things into consideration, we’d have the greatest Halo game to date!

Congrats you said the same thing the over TU topics talk about that say the same thing have some originality.

> Congrats you said the same thing the over TU topics talk about that say the same thing have some originality.

I’m pretty sure I have at least some originality. I mean, I came up with valid statements instead of b**ching and moaning about it.

And it’d help if you included periods to your grammar. It’s kind of confusing to tell apart 2 different thoughts without them.

You forgot to add ordinance drops to the list.

For the most part, I agree. Any one of these items can ruin the game for me.

> > Congrats you said the same thing the over TU topics talk about that say the same thing have some originality.
>
> I’m pretty sure I have at least some originality. I mean, I came up with valid statements instead of b**ching and moaning about it.
>
> And it’d help if you included periods to your grammar. It’s kind of confusing to tell apart 2 different thoughts without them.

It was one thought just misspelled some words ,and I don’t see anything I haven’t already seen in the other wishlist TU topics.

>
>

Yep 343 doesn’t listen to there fans… Yep your so right… I guess its just in my imagination that we’re getting a 1-50 ranking system and that we’re getting a competitive playlist in a month. You people complain way to much before even reading…

http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-4-competitive-playlist-coming-mid-february-first-details-revealed

> > > Congrats you said the same thing the over TU topics talk about that say the same thing have some originality.
> >
> > I’m pretty sure I have at least some originality. I mean, I came up with valid statements instead of b**ching and moaning about it.
> >
> > And it’d help if you included periods to your grammar. It’s kind of confusing to tell apart 2 different thoughts without them.
>
> It was one thought just misspelled some words ,and I don’t see anything I haven’t already seen in the other wishlist TU topics.

Hm, doesn’t look like one thought. :stuck_out_tongue:

OT: Still, most of the wishlists don’t have a lot of thought put into them. It’s just “change this or Halo is dead” stuff.

And I will add ordinance drops to the list, zoltan.