343 needs to reconsider

With legacy halo servers shutting down in december, most of us went back to the legacy games to clear out the last achievements and ranks or just to have some fun and collect some memories while we still can.
But the stats tracking in-game as well as on waypoint is bugged and it seems it was completely turned off a month ago.
The servers for reach are down every few weeks for at least the last 2 months and the servers for H4 are also completely down for a few days now.

Either fix stats tracking and keep the servers running until december or dont shut them down at all. These recurring issues make it impossible to play and enjoy the time thats left.

Please reconsider what you’re actually doing right now with halos legacy, 343

The lack of stats tracking is the most disappointing thing for me. I am hoping that with the upcoming revamp we may have Waypoint able to track again before the sunset? Either way I would love for the old servers to stay up but it sounds like it an economic decision that gonna be a big ask if the community want to actually appeal it, so I am not holding my breath too long tbh.

At least we got our decade+ of fun out of them while they lasted.

> 2533274841519598;2:
> The lack of stats tracking is the most disappointing thing for me. I am hoping that with the upcoming revamp we may have Waypoint able to track again before the sunset? Either way I would love for the old servers to stay up but it sounds like it an economic decision that gonna be a big ask if the community want to actually appeal it, so I am not holding my breath too long tbh.
>
> At least we got our decade+ of fun out of them while they lasted.

yeah i think its inevitable that the servers shut down at some point, but until then they shall keep them running so we can actually play and have fun.
Idk if stats tracking gets a revamp (but i hope so. they could even improve it to the very detailed form bungie had and maybe integrate the userdata from there, some guys archived it when it shut down i believe), but getting it working again is the minimum they can do

Part of the reason they are shutting down is because keeping proper maintenance of multiple legacy systems gets harder as time goes on, it’s hard to justify diverting resources towards patching and restarting app pools - especially when the majority of the team are heads down getting Infinite over the line.

“Online services and full functionality for these Halo Xbox 360 titles will still be in effect for at least another full year.” From the sunsetting article.
So yeah, very disappointing that stat tracking is not working.

> 2533274813317074;4:
> Part of the reason they are shutting down is because keeping proper maintenance of multiple legacy systems gets harder as time goes on, it’s hard to justify diverting resources towards patching and restarting app pools - especially when the majority of the team are heads down getting Infinite over the line.

Yeah, still they should keep stats tracking running until the shutdown. And having the servers not being down every now and then also would be helpful

> 2535469059471672;6:
> > 2533274813317074;4:
> > Part of the reason they are shutting down is because keeping proper maintenance of multiple legacy systems gets harder as time goes on, it’s hard to justify diverting resources towards patching and restarting app pools - especially when the majority of the team are heads down getting Infinite over the line.
>
> Yeah, still they should keep stats tracking running until the shutdown. And having the servers not being down every now and then also would be helpful

I would also love the stats to be working again especially for H3 were i have been putting in the work to get my rank up before sunset. Although to be fair, as mentioned, the infrastructure is hecka old and I am just happy we got a years notice. Very excited and curious to see how planned updates to the waypoint website affect the system.

That’s my point though, these intermittent issues cropping up happen because the time and resources just aren’t there and aren’t justifiable to keep things operational. It sucks for sure that things stop working for periods of time, but that’s a by-product of services that have been online for 14 years

Imagine you want to be the last player on Halo 4 X360.
One minute later, you get “You appear to have lost your connection”-ed :joy::sob::sob:
It’s really a joke.

Yeah, I bought ODST and H3 a month ago and I connected my 360 to live for syncing my stats as I do with halo 4 but when I visit them on waypoint website, it appears I have not played this game. 343 should look after this as H3, ODST and Reach stats are not syncing on 360 since May 20 about 6 months before sunset.

Please 343, it’s disgusting :angry:

> 2535448423579977;10:
> Yeah, I bought ODST and H3 a month ago and I connected my 360 to live for syncing my stats as I do with halo 4 but when I visit them on waypoint website, it appears I have not played this game. 343 should look after this as H3, ODST and Reach stats are not syncing on 360 since May 20 about 6 months before sunset.
>
> Please 343, it’s disgusting :angry:

Same problem here. I really hope that 343 fixes this before sunsetting.