343 needs to make a NEW FORGE WORLD ASAP!!! Release it as a part of a Covenant themed Map Pack!

One of the biggest problems I had with Reach’s multiplayer, was that they relied way to much on Forge World. Most of the maps that shipped in Forge World sucked anyway, and Bungie can’t deny that because they had to release updated versions replacing almost all those maps.

Paradiso- sucked, and it got replaced with Utopie or what ever the hell.

HEMORRHAGE- doesn’t feel or look like Blood Gulch at all, the map was flipped around so that red base and blue base are on the opposite sides and the cliff behind red base perfect for snipping is absent. AND the vehicles are totally different from what was on Blood Gulch!

The Cage- I swear to god, ever time I play this -blam!- level, I fall to my death at least once! Bungie replaced it with Uncaged because the original version was really not that great.

Now that I’m doen bi+ching, Forge World was a great idea, but they need a new forge paradise.

I think something that took place in the Covenant Capital City space station ship known as High Charity would be really cool.
Have unique parts of the level were people can forge. For example, have an industrial factory looking area similar to Assembly (Halo 3) were people can forge in a sea of green polluted water in inside flat purple platforms perfect for free-for-all arenas.
Have a couple of hanging gardens (Halo 2) that overlook the city. Then have some sort of sacrosanct temple high above the entire level that overlooks the city center and the dreadnought, has windows that show off space and a view of Delta Halo, and a view of the green ocean. Then have have nice multileveled areas were people can built asymmetrical Covenant maps.

This could increase the Halo Reach’s life cycle but also have a new place for people to built the own maps other than Forge World. Just release it as a part of a Covenant themed Map Pack.

I would love another Forge World, who knows what they have planned. I do agree that Bungie relied too much on Forge World and most of those maps actually sucked something awful. The community maps were far better for the most part.

@HIVpickles23

I do agree with most things you said there. Hemorrhage (Or as me and my friend call it, Hemorhoids lol) was a big disappointment for me. Blood Gulch really worked for Halo: Combat Evolved because the Scorpion wasn’t as overpowered as it is now, but unfortunately, it just doesn’t work for Halo: Reach, which is a terrible shame really. And those stupid Armour Abilities didn’t help!

The Cage is probably more like ‘The Jail’ for me and my friend… I would even go as far as saying it is like somebody took Lockout and jumbled it up into a sticky mess. The thing is, all players want is plain and simply ‘LOCKOUT’, not a look-a-like, not a reincarnation, they just want Lockout back… and they should bring that back, just update the textures, maybe smooth off a few corners to look more modern, keep that amazing, creepy mist and everybody is happy!

Paradiso isn’t too bad for me, although I hardly play on it anymore as I’ve recently been bashing Prestige Slayer, but I must admit, it could have been better. They should have utilized the coastline area and made the map unbalanced.

I also have a bone to pick with about Pinnacle. I just think that map was even worse… mainly because all people do most of the time is grab all the power weapons and camp near the big tower. Like all of the remakes of Lockout, it just doesn’t have the same atmosphere. Not to mention the fact that Ascension was actually bigger than Pinnacle, almost twice the size.

But I know what you think about Forge World… in fact, it almost isn’t really a world, because a world can be explored all the time and new things can be discovered, and the world isn’t just water and some grass and cliffs… Forge World just got really bland and boring really fast, and ideas ran out too quick for me. But I doubt we’ll ever see another built-for-Forge map for Halo: Reach… besides, 343i need to surprise us with Forge 3.0 which I hope they have in the works for Halo 4, so they can listen to us and understand exactly what WE want. Because I think with Forge on Halo: Reach, all Bungie did was say “Oh, I need to make this piece in an editor to place here, in the Player’s Selection it goes” and they used every piece in OUR Forge bank in their maps which was quite annoying, because what we build is simply what Bungie used in their maps.

> Because I think with Forge on Halo: Reach, all Bungie did was say “Oh, I need to make this piece in an editor to place here, in the Player’s Selection it goes” and they used every piece in OUR Forge bank in their maps which was quite annoying, because what we build is simply what Bungie used in their maps.

Nearly every Forge object in Forge World was taken from past Halo games. The texture for Brace Larges, for example, can be seen in Guardian and Construct. Even if Bungie hadn’t created Pinnacle, Asylum, and the other remakes, we’d still probably see pieces like Brace and Bunker Ramp in the palette, simply because those same pieces are used in existing Forerunner architecture, and that architecture is what the palette was based on.

:\