343 NEEDS To Fix the Betrayal System

It is a joke. I am in BTB Skirmish and a teammate betrays me. I am like da hell?
So I go on until he betrays me again. This time I go O hell no. I promise myself that I will not be killed by this troll again. He starts to attack me and at no shields I punch him and then proceed to shoot him in the head. What do I know I am booted.

I never provoked him. I never got the option to kick him. What the ****? This has also happened with complete accidents as well. I shoot a banshee bomb at an afk completely across the map and as soon as it is about to hit, a teammate tries to assassinate him and they are both killed. I am kicked.

I miss 1 rocket and it kills a teammate. I am kicked. I am betrayed multiple times. No option to kick. A teammate sticks my warthog and it files right into him giving me a betrayal. I am kicked.

I am sick of this nonsense because It happens so often that I lose count. They need to implement some kind of warning system so that you can’t be kicked 99% of the time from a total accident and they also need to get their detector for betraying working right so that I can’t be killed 3 plus time from the same person and then kill him once and be kicked.

i literally have never had the option to boot offered. ever.i dont even know what it looks like.

Deleted

> Check this video out. It details just how broken the system is.

wow thats royally -Yoinked!- up.

All halo games have this problem.

I just quit if I get betrayed twice. I’m not gonna deal with trolls.

The betrayal system has always been abusable, but not to the extent shown in GruntyGunner’s video.

Been this way since at least Halo 3. The exact same way. There’s always some supposed improvements to it for each game, but if there is… Man, I’d like to know what they are.

Have to be honest I have never really had a problem with this

I don’t fight back…I troll them by luring them into the open to die. Once I was hunted down for taking the Sniper, I just took it to the edge, picked up my Ordnance then threw it off and walked away.

As for the system, it’s a pain. I’ve been Booted for having a chain of nades go off and send my sticky into a teammates face. :confused:

> I don’t fight back…I troll them by luring them into the open to die. Once I was hunted down for taking the Sniper, I just took it to the edge, picked up my Ordnance then threw it off and walked away.
>
> As for the system, it’s a pain. I’ve been Booted for having a chain of nades go off and send my sticky into a teammates face. :confused:

Haha that sounds hilarious!

At this point it probably needs to be like battlefield"s betrayal system,as to where you are kicked if you betrayed X amount of teammates.
In battlefield 3,that X was 5 teammates killed,but because in halo it"s way easier to teamkill,I think it should be 2 or 3 people killed before you are booted

There’s no way to fix the betrayal system. Whatever you do to fix one problem will break something else.

The problem is the players. Halo: CE lacked online capabilities, so when you played multiplayer, you were usually in the same room (at least in the same building) as the people you were playing against. Because of this, players were a lot more amiable. When Halo 2 and Halo 3 came out, those players and their attitudes carried over.

Nowadays, it’s hard to play many games without hearing children (and adults as well) cursing at you, telling you how much you suck, that you’re cheating, or otherwise complaining about the game. They play the way they talk: selfishly and narcissistic. It completely ruins the social experience as well as the competitive.

Bottom line is that this didn’t used to be such a problem because the focus was on winning, whatever that took, not my personal satisfaction.

Game developers lack the means and ability to police every matchmaking game, so they need to find some way to let their communities police their own games.

I agree with HaloyCS16. It needs to be fixed to an auto-boot, rather than an option. I can see accidents happening, and sometimes getting really unlucky and getting multiple accidents (happened to me in BLOPS 2 Hardcore Team Deathmatch - accidently killed 3 of my teammates while taking and giving fire on Nuketown), however Halo 4 giving people the “option” just doesn’t cut it. The problem started in Reach, and continued onto Halo 4. People think they’re all big and badass because they can kill teammates, and they flock to Halo 4 because it’s an option rather than a feature.

My favorite thing to do if a teammate is trying to kill me because I got to a vehicle first is to get out and blow it up.

Or if I pickup a weapon and start getting shot at by a teammate, I’ll start wasting all its ammo into the sky and try to jump off a cliff.

I’ll be danged if I let a teammate enjoy a pickup through such malicious tactics.

Deleted

How about this, then: if you betray a teammate, then not only do you do 0% damage for five minutes of the game, but your teammates can shoot you without losing any ammo or points.

…or just disable Friendly Fire. Either or.

Violence is never the answer to trolling betrayers. If you ignore them and just play the game, they will leave you alone.

Then just submit a player review so you won’t ever play with this player again.

The betrayal stuff is a major PITA.

I still think it needs to be a votable option too. If someone betrays you with anything, then H4 system should allow me to boot them at my discretion - like Reach did.

And there are more ways to betray someone than running them over with a vehicle. I have had guys that stepped in front of me when firing a power (i.e. Rocket Launcher, Laser, Fuel Rod, Incineration Cannon etc.) weapon and boom - you are dead and they can pick up the weapon. In many cases it was an accident, but sometimes not.

Same applies to the Tank. They can get in front of the barrel, and as soon as you fire - your tank can blow up and you die - they survive.

And don’t forget to vote the person as a bad player in their Reputation too. That prevents you from playing them again too - at least in H4.

the saddest part is when your overshield is broken by an enemy and a teammate finishes you off, it will count as the enemy killing you even if it was intentional.