343 Needs To Fix Spartan Ops.

Before you flame me for “complaining”, just know that I’m not complaining about the usual “why are there unlimited lives in Spartan Ops?” or “Spartan Ops is too laggy!” kinda thing.
So I’ll just lay it out plain: I feel cheated out of my money. For some reason, I CAN"T PLAY CERTAIN SPARTAN OPS MISSIONS. Specifically The Cauldron. I can’t play it in Episode One or Episode 2. There is absolutely NO way to fix it. Ever. I’ve only seen a total of one other person having this problem, and nobody replied to their post. This is completely unfair in every way. Because of this, I can’t get three achievements. And I can’t follow the story. Speaking of following the story, I CAN"T VIEW ANY SPARTAN OPS VIDEOS. Any support or solutions would be appreciated guys.

Bump.

Hello? Anyone?

Maybe you should try giving some useful information about your problem. Like the error or what you’ve attempted to do to fix it.

Or just wait to get possibly locked or banned. You are likely to get back what you put into a post, and quite frankly you put turd into this post.

“Useful info:”

> I’ve restarted my Xbox.
> I’ve cleaned my disk.
> I’ve tried playing it with friends.
> I’ve I’ve cleared my system cache
> I’ve cleaned my disk tray.
> I’ve unplugged my Xbox and let it sit.
> I’ve changed my internet router.
> My disk is in PRISTINE condition.
> There is no “error code”.
>> That’s it.

> Maybe you should try giving some useful information about your problem. Like the error or what you’ve attempted to do to fix it.
>
> Or just wait to get possibly locked or banned. You are likely to get back what you put into a post, and quite frankly you put turd into this post.

Also, -Yoink- off, you -Yoink-!. Lol. Just because you’re lucky doesn’t mean you have to be a complete jerk to those who aren’t.

Ugh, that doesn’t sound good. No point raging about it, but you probably should contact Microsoft or whoever you bought it from, see if they can replace your disk.

> > Maybe you should try giving some useful information about your problem. Like the error or what you’ve attempted to do to fix it.
> >
> > Or just wait to get possibly locked or banned. You are likely to get back what you put into a post, and quite frankly you put turd into this post.
>
> Also, -Yoink- off, you -Yoink-!. I hate you. I’m not even lying. Just because you’re lucky doesn’t mean you have to be a complete jerk to those who aren’t.

You’re raging. In a typed message. While even normally-calm-don’t-care-if-we-get-killed people like me sometimes froth at the mouth, it’s not hard to refrain from typing such rage. Take a stiff drink or something. Non-alcoholic.

I did. The disk is over a week old so I can’t. I’m not about to spend another $60, either.

Did you check the disc? The problem might be your 'box. I know a friend of mine has a problem with his 'box.

But if it is your disc, and you can’t get a return on it for whatever reason - check your retail rights. If they’re not being violated, ask a friend to let you install their Halo 4 disc to your drive, and redownload War Games and Spartan Ops via LIVE. If you can’t even do that, you’re pretty SoL, I’m afraid.

Perhaps you should seek out a support number to call. Put on your big boy pants and get on the phone.

> > > Maybe you should try giving some useful information about your problem. Like the error or what you’ve attempted to do to fix it.
> > >
> > > Or just wait to get possibly locked or banned. You are likely to get back what you put into a post, and quite frankly you put turd into this post.
> >
> > Also, -Yoink- off, you -Yoink-!. I hate you. I’m not even lying. Just because you’re lucky doesn’t mean you have to be a complete jerk to those who aren’t.
>
> You’re raging. In a typed message. While even normally-calm-don’t-care-if-we-get-killed people like me sometimes froth at the mouth, it’s not hard to refrain from typing such rage. Take a stiff drink or something. Non-alcoholic.

Buddy, there’s a fine line between raging and simply being angry for being cheated out of my money. If you don’t have any help for me, leave.

> I did. The disk is over a week old so I can’t. I’m not about to spend another $60, either.

Hm. I honestly don’t know what to tell you. If I was in the same place I’d be mad too (but you might want to tone down a little, or everyone else will start getting mad too). The only thing I can suggest is borrowing a friend’s copy or waiting a few months and getting another disc used at a lower price.

> Perhaps you should seek out a support number to call. Put on your big boy pants and get on the phone.

Wow, this is a real nice place here on the forums. Thanks for all your kind support random people.

/Sarcasm

> “Useful info:”
>
> > I’ve restarted my Xbox.
> > I’ve cleaned my disk.
> > I’ve tried playing it with friends.
> > I’ve I’ve cleared my system cache
> > I’ve cleaned my disk tray.
> > I’ve unplugged my Xbox and let it sit.
> > I’ve changed my internet router.
> > My disk is in PRISTINE condition.
> > There is no “error code”.
> >> That’s it.

Install disc 1 to hard drive.

> > I did. The disk is over a week old so I can’t. I’m not about to spend another $60, either.
>
> Hm. I honestly don’t know what to tell you. If I was in the same place I’d be mad too (but you might want to tone down a little, or everyone else will start getting mad too). The only thing I can suggest is borrowing a friend’s copy or waiting a few months and getting another disc used at a lower price.

Look, I wasn’t even that mad until people started coming in and being jerks for absolutely no reason.

Okay just a quick question that I didnt see it if you gave the info, but did you install the game to your drive on your Xbox, and if so, since your having the trouble did you uninstall the game and then install a second time?

I had a similar problem with a completely different game from a different title seeing the cutscenes that would come up, and that was the way I ‘fixed’ it.

sent you a pm fella

> > “Useful info:”
> >
> > > I’ve restarted my Xbox.
> > > I’ve cleaned my disk.
> > > I’ve tried playing it with friends.
> > > I’ve I’ve cleared my system cache
> > > I’ve cleaned my disk tray.
> > > I’ve unplugged my Xbox and let it sit.
> > > I’ve changed my internet router.
> > > My disk is in PRISTINE condition.
> > > There is no “error code”.
> > >> That’s it.
>
> Install disc 1 to hard drive.

I’ll try this later. Thanks.

> > > I did. The disk is over a week old so I can’t. I’m not about to spend another $60, either.
> >
> > Hm. I honestly don’t know what to tell you. If I was in the same place I’d be mad too (but you might want to tone down a little, or everyone else will start getting mad too). The only thing I can suggest is borrowing a friend’s copy or waiting a few months and getting another disc used at a lower price.
>
> Look, I wasn’t even that mad until people started coming in and being jerks for absolutely no reason.

That’s true. You should try MetallicRhaven’s solution if you haven’t yet, it seems like it might work. Another thing, if you know someone who has the game, maybe borrow their copy for a day after they’ve played that week’s mission if any chapters don’t work on yours. Or wait till after the season and switch discs if they’re done with Spartan Ops until the next season?