343 needs to fix Challenges!

Over the last few weeks/month the Reach challenges have become more of a cheat code than an actual challenge. Perse, earning 2000cr for 100 kills in any game mode. This is bad for all the Real dedicated players since our time is being cheated, and all the Newbies are ranking up faster then before. I’ve seen many players rank up within 2 weeks in a certain rank that would take about a month. I’m pretty sure the reason of challenges was to help you a little bit; not used as boosting. For what ever reason these cradits have been brought up to such high credits, i say stop. Let the newbies suffer as we “high rankers” did.

• A very angry dedicated player

> Over the last few weeks/month the Reach challenges have become more of a cheat code than an actual challenge. Perse, earning 2000cr for 100 kills in any game mode. This is bad for all the Real dedicated players since our time is being cheated, and all the Newbies are ranking up faster then before. I’ve seen many players rank up within 2 weeks in a certain rank that would take about a month. I’m pretty sure the reason of challenges was to help you a little bit; not used as boosting. For what ever reason these cradits have been brought up to such high credits, i say stop. Let the newbies suffer as we “high rankers” did.
>
> - A very angry dedicated player

Rank means nothing.
/thread

A rank is a picture next to your GT, what does that have to say about you?

Rank means nothing.

> > Over the last few weeks/month the Reach challenges have become more of a cheat code than an actual challenge. Perse, earning 2000cr for 100 kills in any game mode. This is bad for all the Real dedicated players since our time is being cheated, and all the Newbies are ranking up faster then before. I’ve seen many players rank up within 2 weeks in a certain rank that would take about a month. I’m pretty sure the reason of challenges was to help you a little bit; not used as boosting. For what ever reason these cradits have been brought up to such high credits, i say stop. Let the newbies suffer as we “high rankers” did.
> >
> > - A very angry dedicated player
>
> Rank means nothing.
> /thread

trufax

Dood, does it really matter?

Rank means nothing.

The only thing rank means is how much you have played the game i.e. how much total “lifetime” credits you have earned on reach.

Are you also mad that Johnny cut in front of you in the lunch line?

> Are you also mad that Johnny cut in front of you in the lunch line?

ok that is just imature.
furthurmore rank is an overall picture of how long you’ve played ergo it will generally relate to how much you know about the game if you were to graph a rank vs knowledge of the game it would most likely follow the path of the higher your rank the better you know the game and again ergo the better you will be when you play. so yes rank may not mean as much as it did in H3 but it still will have a general coralation to skill.

To be honest im stoked they have increased the credit payouts for Weekly & Daily’s. Im an Eclipse and want the HauntedHelmet so I need as much credits as I can. I think its great to be getting decent payouts.

As for lower ranked players getting it easier than we did etc, SO WHAT! If they are lower ranked they obviously dont play it that often anyway so it makes no difference. I want Credits.

Well done to 343i for inceasing the credit payouts

Lower ranks become high ranks, then end up in my team. This leads to my winning streaks going down and my K/d aswell.

If you did some research on my gamertag…you’d know i’m not an angry Bk who’s doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Let me school you a bit; Lv 43 Lone Wolves in H3 and Mythic in Reach. In conclusion i would know what a BK high rank is, most of higher ranks eclipse and higher are either boosted or high gamplay, only a few are good and legit. This is what makes me mad.

> Lower ranks become high ranks, then end up in my team. This leads to my winning streaks going down and my K/d aswell.

Rank doesn’t equal skill in this game

Reach doesn’t have a trueskill outside of Arena anyway, you’re just getting randomly paired about against whoever you’re getting paired with.

Rank means absolutely nothing in this game other than acquiring space bucks to dress up your spartan.

Your reason for playing shouldn’t be for grinding credits, it should be to play the game.

You aren’t matched on rank. The system used is TrueSkill, although you can’t see it.

> You aren’t matched on rank. The system used is TrueSkill, although you can’t see it.

Doesn’t exist outside Arena, if it does (which I highly doubt) its very very loose and needs to be made tighter and guests shouldn’t be allowed in a few playlists.

TrueSkill is everywhere if i’m not mistaken. Arena uses TrueSkill as well, but not exclusively.

Arena is still flawed, I know people who are high ranks in Arena yet i’m still higher skill then them. I’m not saying All Arena players suck or aren’t skilled…it’s just based on certain traits.