343 Needs to Do Better

Hello Everyone,
I would like to go ahead and state it. I am sure I will get flamed by people who have no intelligence. I am admittedly a fanboy of Halo, have all the books, all the games, and have extensively studied the lore like no other series.

Halo 5 was a pretty big letdown.

It is not a huge feat to achieve 60 fps. Everyone should at this point realize that the Xbox One and PS4 Jaguar Cores are very weak on performance. The work should have been focused on making more detailed textures in MP vs achieving higher frames. This is something every computer user realizes, why or who was it that thought 60fps out ranked texture quality? The single player got this right! Then multiplayer looks like a blurry mess.

Before another ignorant person comments. Flow for optimization is setting your graphics first then lowering them to meet frame needs.
On a computer you can set VSYNC to 60@fps. The jaguar cores are severely handicapped and this is why you see most games at 30fps. Which is expected for a console AAA. Then once you have reached your identifiable limit for processing you scale things down until you reach a compromise. For a lot of games this sits between 45-60. Some systems can handle higher and it requires a better monitor to support it. If Halo 5 was not an Xbox exclusive I know I could play it somewhere in the range of 75-120 frames in its current state without any issues. We have to point out again that the Xbox is modified years old tech which was outdated before it was released. However, most people are thinking they are pro gamers here and running their mouths. They state 60fps is needed for their pro mlg experience and yet have monitors in the 29ms range and are playing at 64 tic. No, there was no reason to sacrifice quality of image for speed of redraw when you cannot even see the difference. With a tic rate of 64 you cannot tell me that 60 frames makes any difference. Competitive gaming happens In the 120-144. So again, the graphics were never handicapped like this in Halo MP. It is a shame and not a very smart move.

The story. I don’t intend to spoil anything so I will not give specific details. However, the commercial hype of John vs Locke was so pointlessly stupid and honestly really disappointing that such poor advertising tactics would be used.

The real issue is that the story just ends right in the middle. Every other game has made you feel good about finishing it. This time we chased the plotline just to achieve nothing and as soon as the action really starts the game is over. We didn’t stop the bad guy or finish the fight. It just ends.

Honestly I really hope that 343 can do better next time. This was a really saddening change from the work that was done when this was under Bungie.

> 2533274996294247;1:
> Hello Everyone,
> I would like to go ahead and state it. I am sure I will get flamed by people who have no intelligence. I am admittedly a fanboy of Halo, have all the books, all the games, and have extensively studied the lore like no other series.
> Halo 5 was a pretty big letdown.
> It is not a huge feat to achieve 60 fps. Everyone should at this point realize that the Xbox One and PS4 Jaguar Cores are very weak on performance. The work should have been focused on making more detailed textures in MP vs achieving higher frames. This is something every computer user realizes, why or who was it that thought 60fps out ranked texture quality? The single player got this right! Then multiplayer looks like a blurry mess.
> The story. I don’t intend to spoil anything so I will not give specific details. However, the commercial hype of John vs Locke was so pointlessly stupid and honestly really disappointing that such poor add tactics would be used.
> The real issue is that the story just ends right in the middle. Every other game has made you feel good about finishing it. This time we chased the plotline just to achieve nothing and as soon as the action really starts the game is over. We didn’t stop the bad guy or finish the fight. It just ends.
> Honestly I really hope that 343 can do better next time. This was a really saddening change from the work that was done when this was under Bungie.

Then why are 70+% of console games 30fps? And most games that are 60, arent actually 60. Like Advanced warfare and CoD Ghosts. they fluctuated frequently into the 40’s-50’s.

Also, why criticize 343i for doing the same thing Bungie did? Lying about the story that is. Remember finish the fight? Or Believe? Everything was hyped around the idea that Halo 3 would take place solely on earth (so did Halo 2) as a last stand. and not even half way through, bam, another forerunner installation. Another cliffhanger. Another Halo.

> 2533274996294247;1:
> The work should have been focused on making more detailed textures in MP vs achieving higher frames.

No.

Just no.

Move on everyone. Nothing to see here.

Lol I like how you mention that computers choose textures over frames, even though im the most competitive fps in the world(csgo) people lower graphics amd textures to the lowest possible point to achieve max frames.

> 2535419559331963;4:
> Lol I like how you mention that computers choose textures over frames, even though im the most competitive fps in the world(csgo) people lower graphics amd textures to the lowest possible point to achieve max frames.

Every PC gamer knows that framerate comes first, then textures. 343 also knew this. This guy doesn’t. A pity.

Does nobody remember how Halo 2 ended right when the action started?

> 2535419559331963;4:
> Lol I like how you mention that computers choose textures over frames, even though im the most competitive fps in the world(csgo) people lower graphics amd textures to the lowest possible point to achieve max frames.

Honestly, if you are lowering settings on CS:GO you really need a new system. I played the game while ranking use to matter.

> 2533274996294247;1:
> Hello Everyone,
> I would like to go ahead and state it. I am sure I will get flamed by people who have no intelligence. I am admittedly a fanboy of Halo, have all the books, all the games, and have extensively studied the lore like no other series.
>
> Halo 5 was a pretty big letdown.
>
> It is not a huge feat to achieve 60 fps. Everyone should at this point realize that the Xbox One and PS4 Jaguar Cores are very weak on performance. The work should have been focused on making more detailed textures in MP vs achieving higher frames. This is something every computer user realizes, why or who was it that thought 60fps out ranked texture quality? The single player got this right! Then multiplayer looks like a blurry mess.
>
> The story. I don’t intend to spoil anything so I will not give specific details. However, the commercial hype of John vs Locke was so pointlessly stupid and honestly really disappointing that such poor advertising tactics would be used.
>
> The real issue is that the story just ends right in the middle. Every other game has made you feel good about finishing it. This time we chased the plotline just to achieve nothing and as soon as the action really starts the game is over. We didn’t stop the bad guy or finish the fight. It just ends.
>
> Honestly I really hope that 343 can do better next time. This was a really saddening change from the work that was done when this was under Bungie.

Ha ha wow… fantastic opening sentence there, OP. I’m sure the people who have “no intelligence” are only the ones who disagree with your opinion right?

Anyway, me and my “lack of intelligence” disagrees with you. 343 is doing a great job and should keep it up.

> 2533274838804559;8:
> > 2533274996294247;1:
> > Hello Everyone,
> > I would like to go ahead and state it. I am sure I will get flamed by people who have no intelligence. I am admittedly a fanboy of Halo, have all the books, all the games, and have extensively studied the lore like no other series.
> >
> > Halo 5 was a pretty big letdown.
> >
> > It is not a huge feat to achieve 60 fps. Everyone should at this point realize that the Xbox One and PS4 Jaguar Cores are very weak on performance. The work should have been focused on making more detailed textures in MP vs achieving higher frames. This is something every computer user realizes, why or who was it that thought 60fps out ranked texture quality? The single player got this right! Then multiplayer looks like a blurry mess.
> >
> > The story. I don’t intend to spoil anything so I will not give specific details. However, the commercial hype of John vs Locke was so pointlessly stupid and honestly really disappointing that such poor advertising tactics would be used.
> >
> > The real issue is that the story just ends right in the middle. Every other game has made you feel good about finishing it. This time we chased the plotline just to achieve nothing and as soon as the action really starts the game is over. We didn’t stop the bad guy or finish the fight. It just ends.
> >
> > Honestly I really hope that 343 can do better next time. This was a really saddening change from the work that was done when this was under Bungie.
>
>
> Ha ha wow… fantastic opening sentence there, OP. I’m sure the people who have “no intelligence” are only the ones who disagree with your opinion right?
>
> Anyway, me and my “lack of intelligence” disagrees with you. 343 is doing a great job and should keep it up.

If you would take the time to open your eyes and read the statement it is in regard to flaming. Which is the act of making insults rather than making conversation or a debate. I can respect your opinion but not your inability to take the time to understand something before commenting.

Halo 2 ended ubruptly… Your point is invalid.

> 2533274799135257;2:
> > 2533274996294247;1:
> > Hello Everyone,
> > I would like to go ahead and state it. I am sure I will get flamed by people who have no intelligence. I am admittedly a fanboy of Halo, have all the books, all the games, and have extensively studied the lore like no other series.
> > Halo 5 was a pretty big letdown.
> > It is not a huge feat to achieve 60 fps. Everyone should at this point realize that the Xbox One and PS4 Jaguar Cores are very weak on performance. The work should have been focused on making more detailed textures in MP vs achieving higher frames. This is something every computer user realizes, why or who was it that thought 60fps out ranked texture quality? The single player got this right! Then multiplayer looks like a blurry mess.
> > The story. I don’t intend to spoil anything so I will not give specific details. However, the commercial hype of John vs Locke was so pointlessly stupid and honestly really disappointing that such poor add tactics would be used.
> > The real issue is that the story just ends right in the middle. Every other game has made you feel good about finishing it. This time we chased the plotline just to achieve nothing and as soon as the action really starts the game is over. We didn’t stop the bad guy or finish the fight. It just ends.
> > Honestly I really hope that 343 can do better next time. This was a really saddening change from the work that was done when this was under Bungie.
>
>
> Then why are 70+% of console games 30fps? And most games that are 60, arent actually 60. Like Advanced warfare and CoD Ghosts. they fluctuated frequently into the 40’s-50’s.
>
> Also, why criticize 343i for doing the same thing Bungie did? Lying about the story that is. Remember finish the fight? Or Believe? Everything was hyped around the idea that Halo 3 would take place solely on earth (so did Halo 2) as a last stand. and not even half way through, bam, another forerunner installation. Another cliffhanger. Another Halo.

Why is it not a huge feat? Because the other hands you mentioned did not cut image quality to achieve their frame rates. All 343 did in this instance is lower overall graphics to achieve 60fps. This is not a feat or an achievement. Every other company knows that consoles currently are still not able to drive more than 30fps with decent quality graphics.

> 2533274830926790;6:
> Does nobody remember how Halo 2 ended right when the action started?

Most of the posters here weren’t even born when Halo 2 came out.