343 need someone else to design their maps.....

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

If Orion wasn’t the perfect example of how terrible 343 are at designing maps that support competitive games, then Overgrowth is the creme de menthe.
Overgrowth is a terrible map for Slayer gametypes.
There are too many power weapons on it and literally all anyone does is camp, and the winner is just the person who runs around with Shotgun and Camo.
Like literally camo and shotgun are right next to each other, and there’s not much you can do on this map to counter the camo shotgun/sword combo, unless the person using it is bad.
In response, people often panic camp around corners waiting to assault you with the AR, and the poor ignorant suckers who think they can use skill to win this game are just scythed down.
343 design some decent Warzone maps and Campaign environments, but they cannot design arena maps for toffee. The only good Halo 5 map that’s well balance is probably Coliseum.
Plaza has a decent structure, but is imbalanced. The team that spawn blue have the easiest route to Overshield and also to sniper.

I mostly miss large maps. Everything is so small now. I don’t mind small maps for slayer so much, but for anything else it is pretty awful. What ever happened to maps like Blood Gulch and Valhalla? Loved those types of maps.

> 2533274816636702;2:
> I mostly miss large maps. Everything is so small now. I don’t mind small maps for slayer so much, but for anything else it is pretty awful. What ever happened to maps like Blood Gulch and Valhalla? Loved those types of maps.

those are btb maps not 4v4

> 2533274871914584;3:
> > 2533274816636702;2:
> > I mostly miss large maps. Everything is so small now. I don’t mind small maps for slayer so much, but for anything else it is pretty awful. What ever happened to maps like Blood Gulch and Valhalla? Loved those types of maps.
>
>
> those are btb maps not 4v4

There simply needs a balance between small, mid and larger based maps. 343 seems to be focused on smaller to somewhat mid ranged maps. Barely any actual LARGE maps.

There were some reasonably big 4v4 maps in Halo 2.

Terminal, Turf etc.

I heard that the maps were mostly made by 3rd party MLG players who were brought into the company (most likely because BIG BROTHER MICROSOFT) and I always figured that is why the maps stink.

I wish the PC maps from halo 1, and all the maps in Halo 2/vista served as a basis for “how to” make a Halo map.

There used to be a simple mix of large and small maps, mostly on the larger size. Back in the Bungie days this was obvious when you played a few rounds.

343 has decided to split maps into two playlists, large for BTB and small for Arena. This is part of the problem, they don’t know how to design mid sized maps and mix and match styles.