343, My Honest Opinion on Halo 4

343… this is unacceptable, what you’ve done with Halo 4. Look at your charts, look at the statistics. Halo 4 will not last long with the changes you’ve made. There are constant complaints on the forum about numerous problems, whether they be glitches or just things you left out all together. Look at the people, listen to the people. Some may say " You guyz r stoopid. This is da best Halo game ever!", but in my honest opinion, this may very well be THE WORST HALO GAME EVER. I know some will agree and some may disagree, but this needs to stop 343. If these problems are not fixed in a TU or even Halo 5, you have just lost me and a big part of the Halo fanbase. Multiplayer is chaotic. It’s in shambles. Glitches, lag. Custom games, where do I even begin. Not including Race, VIP, nor Juggernaut. What were you thinking. We NEED to be heard. We need this game to be HALO not CoD/Crysis/everything-else. That was what drew me to Halo, like a moth to a light, Halo was, at one point, unique. We need our game back 343, we need our HALO back. In the comments, please leave a logical opinion, whether it disagrees with me or agrees with me. Please no " You suck. Halo 4 is awesome and you’re just a -Yoink!-". Thank you for your time.

I disagree.

Please go into depth on why you disagree.

The people who like the game aren’t the ones making the grammatically incorrect posts and making immature threads.

I understand that you have points, but I really haven’t experienced any problems.

Other than some balance issues, and maybe the reinstatement of some playlists and Custom Game/Forge options, the game would be fine.

And if you really don’t like it that much, go sell it. You don’t have to come here and whine about it. I’m certain that if I ran a company, I wouldn’t respond to horribly worded forum posts that don’t give ANY INFO whatsoever about what is actually wrong with the game.

Lets be honest here. No matter what Halo game comes out the views on these forums as well as Bungie’s have always been the same. With each iteration of Halo a new wave of angry players come out of the wood work to voice their disappointment and overall unhappiness with each game. Halo 2 came out and all we heard was how it was the worst thing ever. Halo 3 came out and surprise… people start complaining about that and wishing it was like Halo 2. Then Reach makes its debut and a hate storm takes over the forums again. Halo 4 is here now so its only natural that when you visit the forums all you will see is complaints and dislike towards the game. I will also guarantee you that when Halo 5 comes out the hate train for that will be on here too. To be honest if I was developer on a Halo game the community forums would be the last place I would look for ideas or constructive criticism. No one wants to embrace change or try to adapt to change.

Personally, I like the game, but I have major issues with a few things:

Killcams and Instant Respawn: I hate the killcam, it’s just frustrating, if I wanted that I’d play MW3. Also, the instant spawn is not bad, just poorly executed. I end up directly in enemy sightlines and die very quickly. Even CoD isn’t as bad. Really, it just needs reworked, not removed.

Theater: I don’t get why you took out Campaign and Spartan Ops (if it’s a tech issue, just say so). And the Alert Carry: What is the point of lowering one’s weapon, if it goes back up the instant you move? Or as soon as you crouch? And no head movement while crouched. I can deal with the jumping while lowering, but they’ve otherwise made it useless as a machinima tool.

Forge: No flying UNSC vehicle? Why? Couldn’t they have put in a Falcon or Hornet, or even a Pelican variant? The maps are the worst part though. They are too small, and all of them have non-removable artificial structures. Again, this is making machinima very difficult. And also, the dynamic lighting: it’s a nice feature, but the freeze when transitioning to player mode ruins everything if playing with others. My friends and I liked to screw around in Forge in 3 and Reach, but it doesn’t work in 4. We went back to Reach.

And also I see a lot of things saying this is more friendly to ‘casual’ gamers. I do not think it is. I think this game is taking itself too seriously. Halo is supposed to be fun and (in my experience) more lighthearted than other games. This part is a fundamental shift rather than a slight change.

And one final thing: File Browser. Can we have some info, timetables, anything? I’d like to download my screenshots and use them as wallpapers.

If you read all of this, I commend you.

Im not trying to whine at all. I also undestand that I did not make some key points in the thread, so here are some (if you read, you may have already seen some of this)…

-no custom game modes such as Race, VIP, Juggernaut, etc.

-forge mode having no shadows when you hit a certain amount of objects in your map

-servers unable to connect (mainly MP)

-glitching all over MP. Most of the time, when I jump, I telepot to somewhere else on the map

-lag and dropping game host constantly

-the fact that they showed part of MC’s face disgusts me. I liked it when he was annonymous

The list goes on. I appreciate your opinion though.

> Please go into depth on why you disagree.

No.

Thats exactly what I mean. If you dont have supporting evidence, please dont comment.

I disagree. I think it’s a great game and a vast improvement over reach. Why is it great? Let me just say I’ve played all the other halo games so I know. That’s what other people say in justifying their disaproval for halo 4. I’ll go the contrary :slight_smile:

I dont need to support anything, because it’s my opinion, and regardless of how much or little depth I go into, you and a bunch of others will jump down my throat and accuse me of any number of things in order to denounce any merit my opinion my have just because it is different than yours. That is how the majority of this forum seems to operate.

i agree with you. this game is so frustrating.

Im not trying to jump down your throat. You’re entitled to your opinion. I just want a reply with evidence that this game is good, not a one word answer. I will thank the rest of you though, for giving me a reason to think things through once more. Im trying to be as kind as possible here.

> Im not trying to jump down your throat. You’re entitled to your opinion. I just want a reply with evidence that this game is good, not a one word answer.

I cannot give you that evidence because it is all subjective.

“The campaign is fun and engaging.”
“THE CAMPAIGN SUCKS”
“Muliplayer is fresh and new.”
“MULTIPLAYER IS BORING”
“Spartan Ops is an interesting diversion.”
“EGGHEADS”

Etc, etc.

I would respect your option if I read it.

You’re right, but I’m not going to argue with your opinion.

agree’d

> You’re right, but I’m not going to argue with your opinion.

Ok then. Here it is in a nutshell.

The campaign is fun and engaging.
Muliplayer is fresh and new.
Spartan Ops is an interesting diversion.
Mountain Dew is the best soda ever made.

Thank you. That was all I wanted. I agree with you on the Mountain Dew part.

> > Im not trying to jump down your throat. You’re entitled to your opinion. I just want a reply with evidence that this game is good, not a one word answer.
>
> I cannot give you that evidence because it is all subjective.
>
> “The campaign is fun and engaging.”
> “THE CAMPAIGN SUCKS”
> “Muliplayer is fresh and new.”
> “MULTIPLAYER IS BORING”
> “Spartan Ops is an interesting diversion.”
> “EGGHEADS”
>
> Etc, etc.

It’s like they’re trying to bash EGGHEADS and HIDGE-HEADS into our skulls, kinda getting annoying to me.