343 must have now map tem

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Halo 4 maps are worst maps in halo history… DLC maps are even whores… And that maps kill big % of population… Get new time for creating maps… Or halo 5 will have fate like halo 4… Last halo 4 DLC that is just maps from old halo is prof that 343 don’t have good time to create maps…

You realize you just called the maps whores and not worse right??

>

Because people wanted some stuff from the past.

Still going to argue halo 4 maps are better than reach maps. There were more game play broken maps in reach than 4.

> >
>
> Because people wanted some stuff from the past.

If that new stuff whose any god, people wood not wanted stuff from past…

I would have to put the low quality map design mostly down to the new flawed gameplay (Infinity), with the biggest problem being sprint.

They don’t need a new team, just better gameplay to work with.

>

Might wanna check your spelling before posting there, chief. XD

> >
>
> Might wanna check your spelling before posting there, chief. XD

worse. comparative form of bad: more bad. Your exam results are worse than before.

Well, because of Sprint and Jetpack, the maps are very limited.
Sprint forces the maps to be more open and extended.
While Jetpack forces the maps to have less verticality.

I disagree with you on on the DLC maps.
Look at Skyline, Monolith, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition, and Vertigo.
Those are great maps!

> > > Halo 4 maps are worst maps in halo history… DLC maps are even <mark>WORSE</mark>… And that maps kill big % of population… Get new time for creating maps… Or halo 5 will have fate like halo 4… Last halo 4 DLC that is just maps from old halo is prof that 343 don’t have good time to create maps…
> >
> > Might wanna check your spelling before posting there, chief. XD
>
> worse. comparative form of bad: more bad. Your exam results are worse than before.

Did you even bother to check how you spelled it in your first comment. He corrected your atrocious and (intentionally or not) vulgar spelling.

> > > Halo 4 maps are worst maps in halo history… DLC maps are even <mark>WORSE</mark>… And that maps kill big % of population… Get new time for creating maps… Or halo 5 will have fate like halo 4… Last halo 4 DLC that is just maps from old halo is prof that 343 don’t have good time to create maps…
> >
> > Might wanna check your spelling before posting there, chief. XD
>
> worse. comparative form of bad: more bad. Your exam results are worse than before.

It was in capitals and highlighted to make it easier to see. I was pointing out that you made a rather serious error in your OP in a lighthearted tone. But getting insulted by it is fine too I suppose.

> > Halo 4 maps are worst maps in halo history… DLC maps are even whores… And that maps kill big % of population… Get new time for creating maps… Or halo 5 will have fate like halo 4… <mark>Last halo 4 DLC that is just maps from old halo is prof that 343 don’t have good time to create maps</mark>…
>
> Because people wanted some stuff from the past.

You guys do know that Vertigo is a new map right?

Not to mention that H4 only has 2 Remakes. And all of the Certain Affinity DLC maps are really good.

For the love of God teach this guy how to spell.

I have to disagree OP. Majestic, Castle, and Bullseye have some really good maps.

> For the love of God teach this guy how to spell.

It sounds like he took a lesson from CBOAT on GAF.

Halo maps are pretty good, some are much better than others. And some are great.

But Halo 5 needs to have great maps.

I think Halo 5 requires about 20 maps at launch will be sufficient.
Map Types Required for Launch:
6 Small
6 Medium
6 Large
2 Very Large (Forge World Size)

And Fire Fight Maps to work with Match Making maps. Not to be new maps.

This may seem to be many maps, and a lot of work for 343i, but if half of these maps were evolved remakes of the best Halo maps. Then the hard work is already done. This would give Halo 5, 10 new maps and 10 remakes. Even 5 new maps and 15 remakes would be great.

INTERACTIVE MAPS:

We also require Maps to be Interactive. Maps are one of the most important things about Multi-Player. And a game with bad maps, will not play well. I believe Halo Maps needs to have more interactive maps like those of Halo 2 and Halo 3.

The Interactive Maps in Halo 2/Halo 3 were one of the reasons that made these 2 games so great.

CTF on Halo 3 Highground was hard, unless you could open the gate, which made it more easy. This gave the map another objective that needed to be defended and attacked.

The train on Terminal was a blast, as you watched the enemy drive off with the flag in the warthog, only to see it get splattered by the train. Even those in the warthog got a massive laugh out of it.

These interactive environments have all been lost since REACH and need to return. Look at what Dice is doing with BF4 (Evolution Maps). They Look bloody amazing and changes how the game is played.

I love to see more maps that have the following items that can be activated or deactivated:
Light Bridges
Elevators (That can fit a Tank)
Teleporters
Gates
Shield Doors
Auto Turrets / Base Defences etc

For example, Imagine a base up high, and at the front of the base is a large Elevator. You have the base pretty much covered, and the enemy is not having much luck breaking through your defences. The controls to the elevator are in your base, and left unguarded. The enemy teams works together and placed a Scorpion on the Elevator and sneak someone into your base to activate the elevator switch.

Then the Elevator comes up, with the enemy team and they have a Scorpion Tank. All Hell breaks loose. The game has changed or because someone activated a switch which activated the elevator. This would be awesome. And be great to see these elements available in FORGE.

I would like to see more gates that could be open and closed. The main interactive environments in Halo 2/3 were one way. Once activated, they remained open, except for Halo 2 map Containment.

Containment was a great map. The map had a Main Gate at both bases and when the switch for the gate was activated, you only had 30 seconds before it would close again. This created many great fights at the gate and the gate controls, as once you saw your gate open, you knew the enemy would be making an attack. You could also activate the gate as a diversion, as people mostly thought you would enter from the gate, but you sneak in around the side. This was a great map, and probably one of the best Halo maps made.

With the new Xbox One, 343 should be able to add many new and interesting Interactive Environments that were in Halo 2 / Halo 3.

Halo 5 needs to be great, and return Halo to the # 1 spot on Xbox Live, because we all know it deserves to be there.

> > > Halo 4 maps are worst maps in halo history… DLC maps are even whores… And that maps kill big % of population… Get new time for creating maps… Or halo 5 will have fate like halo 4… <mark>Last halo 4 DLC that is just maps from old halo is prof that 343 don’t have good time to create maps</mark>…
> >
> > Because people wanted some stuff from the past.
>
> You guys do know that Vertigo is a new map right?
>
> Not to mention that H4 only has 2 Remakes. And all of the Certain Affinity DLC maps are really good.

I know. But the OP thinks that remakes suck. While unfortunate for him, I have no quarrel with the DLC 343 and CA made.

> > > > Halo 4 maps are worst maps in halo history… DLC maps are even whores… And that maps kill big % of population… Get new time for creating maps… Or halo 5 will have fate like halo 4… <mark>Last halo 4 DLC that is just maps from old halo is prof that 343 don’t have good time to create maps</mark>…
> > >
> > > Because people wanted some stuff from the past.
> >
> > You guys do know that Vertigo is a new map right?
> >
> > Not to mention that H4 only has 2 Remakes. And all of the Certain Affinity DLC maps are really good.
>
> I know. But the OP thinks that remakes suck. While unfortunate for him, I have no quarrel with the DLC 343 and CA made.

I like to see every map remade for all the next Halo games, plus 10 new ones for each next game made.

343i doesn’t need a map development team. all they need to do is reuse 10 to 15 fan favorite maps seen in CE, 2, 3, reach, 4 and maybe even odst and 3 to 5 newly revised classic maps. That would make most players happy since 95% of the matches are always on the old maps when given the choice