343 Moderators Please Read - Skill Level

All Halo matchmaking systems try to put you with a variety of people that are around your same skill level right? This way, a Inheritor will not be playing with recruits. This would not give the inheritor any challenge and the recruits would be getting pummeled.

For multiple games now I have been placed with very low ranks. (I right now, am a Hero.) And normally that doesn’t bother because their skill level isn’t that bad. But recent;y I have been getting people who’s skill level is absolutely atrocious. People, for instance,(this happened in one of my matches), who threw grenades, that did not kill the enemy, or did not even need to be threw, but when they were it resulted in my death. My teammates unintentionally killing me repetitively, quitting in the first minute or so because the game is not going their way, wondering around shooting at things that are not even sentient. These are things that ruined the last probably 10 - 15 matches for me.

I deeply enjoy Halo, it’s one of my favorite past times. I have completed Halo 4 On LASO, Legendary Solo, Spartan OPS, and got to rank 130 in matchmaking. Since I have done all of these things I have came back to Halo Reach and have started playing the matchmaking again to get to inheritor. But if matchmaking continues to be this bad. I will have to drop the game till Halo 5 (or just “Halo”) comes out.

Is there anything that can be done to revamp the system so matchmaking can be enjoyed properly by the players rather than just mix matching players?

Thanks in advance for any help. - Shadow

> All Halo matchmaking systems try to put you with a variety of people that are around your same skill level right? This way, a Inheritor will not be playing with recruits. This would not give the inheritor any challenge and the recruits would be getting pummeled.
>
> For multiple games now I have been placed with very low ranks. (I right now, am a Hero.) And normally that doesn’t bother because their skill level isn’t that bad. But recent;y I have been getting people who’s skill level is absolutely atrocious. People, for instance,(this happened in one of my matches), who threw grenades, that did not kill the enemy, or did not even need to be threw, but when they were it resulted in my death. My teammates unintentionally killing me repetitively, quitting in the first minute or so because the game is not going their way, wondering around shooting at things that are not even sentient. These are things that ruined the last probably 10 - 15 matches for me.
>
> I deeply enjoy Halo, it’s one of my favorite past times. I have completed Halo 4 On LASO, Legendary Solo, Spartan OPS, and got to rank 130 in matchmaking. Since I have done all of these things I have came back to Halo Reach and have started playing the matchmaking again to get to inheritor. But if matchmaking continues to be this bad. I will have to drop the game till Halo 5 (or just “Halo”) comes out.
>
> Is there anything that can be done to revamp the system so matchmaking can be enjoyed properly by the players rather than just mix matching players?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help. - Shadow

Not quite sure why this post was aimed at the moderators. They don’t have anything at all to do with what happens in the game. They simply police the Waypoint forums, ensuring that people adhere to the rules and taking action as and when they feel it is necessary (I have been on the receiving end of that action a couple of times now, so I’m trying to be good).

In regards to the game, I doubt that anything will ever happen now since 343 barely (if at all) support any Halo title other than Halo 4. There are no plans whatsoever to change/update/add anything to Halo Reach, so all I can say is expect the game to stay as it is for the foreseeable future.

But Inheritor ranks etc has nothing at all to do with the skill of a player, if you want to be matched based on skill then that’s what Arena is for and everything ells is pure social.

Well, yes I know that. I was just using the ranks for emphasis. I am just having the problem where my teammates are so bad they are going negative. Which of course affects my game play as the concentration of enemy fire is heightened on me. It makes matchmaking nearly dull for 95% of the games and I end up just quitting.

And I know about Arena too. I don’t care for it because it is such a pain to play. More people tend to leave in there then in Team Slayer.

I suppose the problem is null now. I got my GTA V a working. Much more glad to play the quality online experience that RockStar can provide.

I aimed it at the moderators sense it is a safe assumption that they can explain the process of how I can improve the quality of my matchmaking experience the best.

Thanks for the information, it helped. It is a little disappointing to hear 343 isn’t trying to improve upon the faults in Reach. I hop they look at it again and find ways to make improvements.

> I aimed it at the moderators sense it is a safe assumption that they can explain the process of how I can improve the quality of my matchmaking experience the best.
>
> Thanks for the information, it helped. It is a little disappointing to hear 343 isn’t trying to improve upon the faults in Reach. I hop they look at it again and find ways to make improvements.

You do realize that Moderators here are just fans like you and me who were chosen to monitor forum activity? They have no physical affiliation with 343, but most of them are probably knowledgeable enough to answer your question anyways.