343 Misleading Content Inside $250 LCE

In The Halo Bulletin: Episode 19, Jay Frechette begins talking about what’s inside of the LCE for us “super fans” at the 1:00 mark. Video here:

http://youtu.be/m7zz6p3rIfQ

He states, “Includes a digital copy of the game, all the goodies from the Limited Edition, plus an incredibly intricate statue of Locke and the Master Chief.”

So this can mean only two things. The LCE does in fact include a disc along with a digital download, or the $100 dollar Limited edition does not come with a disc.

Also, before the 1:00 mark when Jay is talking about the Standard Edition and Limited Edition, he mentioned that the Standard Edition comes with a disc AND a digital download. When he says what’s in the Limited Edition, he NEVER mentions that there’s a disc in it.

So who knows. 343 really needs to elaborate more on what’s really going on.

I’m pretty sure a physical disc would not qualify as a “goody”.

> 2533274953123640;2:
> I’m pretty sure a physical disc would not qualify as a “goody”.

WTF how would you know?

It does come with all the same stuff. Just in a slightly different form. And the disk and digital part is because there is a disk version and a digital version of the two cheaper options.

I feel like you purposely are nitpicking these things.

> 2533274882881665;5:
> I feel like you purposely are nitpicking these things.

This. OP is being difficult for seemingly no reason.

> 2533274858277987;3:
> > 2533274953123640;2:
> > I’m pretty sure a physical disc would not qualify as a “goody”.
>
>
> WTF how would you know?

Getting a little bit too excited there man.

> 2533274816299345;6:
> > 2533274882881665;5:
> > I feel like you purposely are nitpicking these things.
>
>
> This. OP is being difficult for seemingly no reason.

Yeah.

> 2533274953123640;2:
> I’m pretty sure a physical disc would not qualify as a “goody”.

It’s digital.

It’s digital so you can pre-install the game to be able to play it the minute it goes live, instead of waiting hours and hours for the disc to install.

They figured since you were shelling over that much money, you’d should be able to play the game ASAP. Turns out, a collector’s edition ought to contain a physical copy of the game since collectors collect things for their collections. But that’s what the empty case is for: put it with your other games on the shelf so you can show people that you own a video game. I guess.

I really don’t see what the big deal is. All of my Xbox One games are digital. I actually uninstalled AC Black Flag and installed the free copy with gold just to sell the disc and get rid of it. Actually, that’s a good reason to get discs; to sell them when you’re bored of them. But the thing is, most places only give you like $5 for them and it’s not like you’re going to sell your super expensive legendary edition of Halo 5.

Just display the statue, put the empty case with your other games, and enjoy the fact that you’ll be able to switch from the MCC to Halo 5 without having to get up and change a disc. That makes it worth it right there. Laziness FTW. lol

> 2533274858277987;3:
> > 2533274953123640;2:
>
>

Because a “goody” would be anything other than the game itself.

> 2533274858277987;3:
> > 2533274953123640;2:
>
>

I can’t wait to open the Limited Edition and pop the Halo 5 “goody” into my console.

> 2533274883669557;9:
> It’s digital.
>
> It’s digital so you can pre-install the game to be able to play it the minute it goes live, instead of waiting hours and hours for the disc to install.
>
> They figured since you were shelling over that much money, you’d should be able to play the game ASAP. Turns out, a collector’s edition ought to contain a physical copy of the game since collectors collect things for their collections. But that’s what the empty case is for: put it with your other games on the shelf so you can show people that you own a video game. I guess.
>
> I really don’t see what the big deal is. All of my Xbox One games are digital. I actually uninstalled AC Black Flag and installed the free copy with gold just to sell the disc and get rid of it. Actually, that’s a good reason to get discs; to sell them when you’re bored of them. But the thing is, most places only give you like $5 for them and it’s not like you’re going to sell your super expensive legendary edition of Halo 5.
>
> Just display the statue, put the empty case with your other games, and enjoy the fact that you’ll be able to switch from the MCC to Halo 5 without having to get up and change a disc. That makes it worth it right there. Laziness FTW. lol

AWESOME

> 2576836393959214;10:
> > 2533274858277987;3:
> > > 2533274953123640;2:
> > > I’m pretty sure a physical disc would not qualify as a “goody”.
> >
> >
> > WTF how would you know?
>
>
> Because a “goody” would be anything other than the game itself.

It’s a limited edition disc, the standard edition will have a different discart presumably something like the landscape preorder poster minus Chief and Locke. Personally I really like the limited edition discart and steelbook sleeve, that alone convinced to fork out the extra $40, I only wish the sleeve design was the actual steelbook design.

I would love a physical copy with my LCE :’(

> 2533274823679336;14:
> I would love a physical copy with my LCE :’(

But then you don’t get to pre install it

> 2533274883669557;9:
> It’s digital.
>
> It’s digital so you can pre-install the game to be able to play it the minute it goes live, instead of waiting hours and hours for the disc to install.
>
> They figured since you were shelling over that much money, you’d should be able to play the game ASAP. Turns out, a collector’s edition ought to contain a physical copy of the game since collectors collect things for their collections. But that’s what the empty case is for: put it with your other games on the shelf so you can show people that you own a video game. I guess.
>
> I really don’t see what the big deal is. All of my Xbox One games are digital. I actually uninstalled AC Black Flag and installed the free copy with gold just to sell the disc and get rid of it. Actually, that’s a good reason to get discs; to sell them when you’re bored of them. But the thing is, most places only give you like $5 for them and it’s not like you’re going to sell your super expensive legendary edition of Halo 5.
>
> Just display the statue, put the empty case with your other games, and enjoy the fact that you’ll be able to switch from the MCC to Halo 5 without having to get up and change a disc. That makes it worth it right there. Laziness FTW. lol

This is the reason why the drm feature would been good. So people with low bandwidth caps would get the disk and be able to switch on the fly. Oh well I’m dreaming in the past lol

> 2533274809687497;16:
> > 2533274883669557;9:
> > It’s digital.
> >
> > It’s digital so you can pre-install the game to be able to play it the minute it goes live, instead of waiting hours and hours for the disc to install.
> >
> > They figured since you were shelling over that much money, you’d should be able to play the game ASAP. Turns out, a collector’s edition ought to contain a physical copy of the game since collectors collect things for their collections. But that’s what the empty case is for: put it with your other games on the shelf so you can show people that you own a video game. I guess.
> >
> > I really don’t see what the big deal is. All of my Xbox One games are digital. I actually uninstalled AC Black Flag and installed the free copy with gold just to sell the disc and get rid of it. Actually, that’s a good reason to get discs; to sell them when you’re bored of them. But the thing is, most places only give you like $5 for them and it’s not like you’re going to sell your super expensive legendary edition of Halo 5.
> >
> > Just display the statue, put the empty case with your other games, and enjoy the fact that you’ll be able to switch from the MCC to Halo 5 without having to get up and change a disc. That makes it worth it right there. Laziness FTW. lol
>
>
> This is the reason why the drm feature would been good. So people with low bandwidth caps would get the disk and be able to switch on the fly. Oh well I’m dreaming in the past lol

But people hate DRM so much. EA caught so much hate

> 2533274800197828;11:
> > 2533274858277987;3:
> > > 2533274953123640;2:
> > > I’m pretty sure a physical disc would not qualify as a “goody”.
> >
> >
> > WTF how would you know?
>
>
> I can’t wait to open the Limited Edition and pop the Halo 5 “goody” into my console.

343’s poor word choice doesn’t fit anything for that matter. I can’t wait to open my LCE and display the Halo 5 “goody” on my shelf.

All I want know is do we get cool armor in the LCE?

> 2533274836392810;19:
> All I want know is do we get cool armor in the LCE?

Won’t matter since all we get to customize is helmet, and Body. This game is soo next gen…