343 milking halo 5

always adding tiny bits and pieces making the community always waiting for the next content

and keeping the people waiting as its main fanbase

Hmm. Was forge a tiny bits and Pieces? I don’t see how adding things is bad.

> 2535460970721475;2:
> Hmm. Was forge a tiny bits and Pieces? I don’t see how adding things is bad.

i think he’s talking about rumors (or facts) about Oddball’s return in the next DLC… what they need to do is give us all the halo gametypes that we love…

they ruined halo.

Well milking usually results in some sort of profit hence “milking a game” and since all the DLC is free, they are not really milking it. If it was paid than definitely but its not.

> 2533274840624875;4:
> Well milking usually results in some sort of profit hence “milking a game” and since all the DLC is free, they are not really milking it. If it was paid than definitely but its not.

It’s not free unlike the masses believe. These are things that should have already been added that we paid for.,plus, if the req system wasn’t being used we would be paying for it, so someone has paid for us which again did not make it free.

I think they’re just trying to prolong the game’s lifespan. People don’t tend to stick to one game for years like they did back with Halo 2 or 3. They’re used to franchises having annual releases that they can play for a few months and toss aside for the next. Since Halo doesn’t really do that, they’re hoping these monthly updates will keep people engaged longer and keep the game feeling fresh.

But withholding something like the Gravity Hammer for several months for this reason is kind of a … I don’t know how to put it … it’s not the most creative way of going about it.

We got the SPNKr, then we’re going to get the CE magnum at some point. We got the Mark IV and the Mark V is soon to follow. I think they were worried that if they released everything at once and a bunch of folks decided to go play Fallout 4 instead, they’d have nothing to entice them back in with.

Then the question is, what could they add to entice players to either keep playing or to return that wouldn’t be considered “withheld content”? Something new like the CE magnum? Sure. Gravity Hammer? Absolutely not. Armor? Forged maps? Weapon skins? That’s why all these content updates are free. We’ve paid for it already; they’re just delivering it to us in pieces to keep us playing.

What they should be doing is updating playlists regularly and adding new gametypes. That’s what a lot of people here keep asking for. Playlists and gametypes are … well, they’re how you play Halo. They’re the most important thing here. Not weapon skins.

It’s a good idea, keep adding content and you keep your player base. How do you think Destiny is still alive and well?

I don’t understand why people think Halo 5 is incomplete all of the other Halo online multiplayer started with about the same amount of content and maps.

Other companies are milking their games with Season Passes actually not Halo. The REQ cards can be earned i dont think you can earn new maps in other FPS games without money.

> 2533274883669557;6:
> I think they’re just trying to prolong the game’s lifespan. People don’t tend to stick to one game for years like they did back with Halo 2 or 3. They’re used to franchises having annual releases that they can play for a few months and toss aside for the next. Since Halo doesn’t really do that, they’re hoping these monthly updates will keep people engaged longer and keep the game feeling fresh.
>
> But withholding something like the Gravity Hammer for several months for this reason is kind of a … I don’t know how to put it … it’s not the most creative way of going about it.
>
> We got the SPNKr, then we’re going to get the CE magnum at some point. We got the Mark IV and the Mark V is soon to follow. I think they were worried that if they released everything at once and a bunch of folks decided to go play Fallout 4 instead, they’d have nothing to entice them back in with.
>
> Then the question is, what could they add to entice players to either keep playing or to return that wouldn’t be considered “withheld content”? Something new like the CE magnum? Sure. Gravity Hammer? Absolutely not. Armor? Forged maps? Weapon skins? That’s why all these content updates are free. We’ve paid for it already; they’re just delivering it to us in pieces to keep us playing.
>
> What they should be doing is updating playlists regularly and adding new gametypes. That’s what a lot of people here keep asking for. Playlists and gametypes are … well, they’re how you play Halo. They’re the most important thing here. Not weapon skins.

THIS! TIMES 100!. i love monthly updates! because it KEEPS ME COMING BACK! it’s one of the main reasons league of legends is so populated because it’s players know that it is always updating within 2 months of the last update! (same goes with counter strike) you sir have won these forums. and its a shame you won’t get the respect you deserve for this post :frowning:

> 2535435936812220;3:
> > 2535460970721475;2:
> > Hmm. Was forge a tiny bits and Pieces? I don’t see how adding things is bad.
>
>
> i think he’s talking about rumors (or facts) about Oddball’s return in the next DLC… what they need to do is give us all the halo gametypes that we love…
>
> they ruined halo.

By giving you a gametype only a few months late, and for free? Sure, every Halo game must suck now that 343i didn’t immediately give you a gametype that you’ll literally forget about as soon as you have it and complain that it sucks.

> 2533274827519891;10:
> > 2533274883669557;6:
> > I think they’re just trying to prolong the game’s lifespan. People don’t tend to stick to one game for years like they did back with Halo 2 or 3. They’re used to franchises having annual releases that they can play for a few months and toss aside for the next. Since Halo doesn’t really do that, they’re hoping these monthly updates will keep people engaged longer and keep the game feeling fresh.
> >
> > But withholding something like the Gravity Hammer for several months for this reason is kind of a … I don’t know how to put it … it’s not the most creative way of going about it.
> >
> > We got the SPNKr, then we’re going to get the CE magnum at some point. We got the Mark IV and the Mark V is soon to follow. I think they were worried that if they released everything at once and a bunch of folks decided to go play Fallout 4 instead, they’d have nothing to entice them back in with.
> >
> > Then the question is, what could they add to entice players to either keep playing or to return that wouldn’t be considered “withheld content”? Something new like the CE magnum? Sure. Gravity Hammer? Absolutely not. Armor? Forged maps? Weapon skins? That’s why all these content updates are free. We’ve paid for it already; they’re just delivering it to us in pieces to keep us playing.
> >
> > What they should be doing is updating playlists regularly and adding new gametypes. That’s what a lot of people here keep asking for. Playlists and gametypes are … well, they’re how you play Halo. They’re the most important thing here. Not weapon skins.
>
>
> THIS! TIMES 100!. i love monthly updates! because it KEEPS ME COMING BACK! it’s one of the main reasons league of legends is so populated because it’s players know that it is always updating within 2 months of the last update! (same goes with counter strike) you sir have won these forums. and its a shame you won’t get the respect you deserve for this post :frowning:

I only wish the MCC got monthly updates, like Halo 5. It could have been a masterpiece.

> 2533274883669557;6:
> …Then the question is, what could they add to entice players to either keep playing or to return that wouldn’t be considered “withheld content”? Something new like the CE magnum? Sure. Gravity Hammer? Absolutely not. Armor? Forged maps? Weapon skins? That’s why all these content updates are free. We’ve paid for it already; they’re just delivering it to us in pieces to keep us playing.
>
> What they should be doing is updating playlists regularly and adding new gametypes. That’s what a lot of people here keep asking for. Playlists and gametypes are … well, they’re how you play Halo. They’re the most important thing here. Not weapon skins.

I agree with everything you said.

I think they need to focus more on the playlists and Maps.

But of corse they will focus more on weapons , armor and skins for the REQ system, because well… That’s where people spend their money, and more items = more $$$.

> 2533274806195358;8:
> I don’t understand why people think Halo 5 is incomplete all of the other Halo online multiplayer started with about the same amount of content and maps.

Um no they did not. 2 and 3 had a lot more.

> 2533274806195358;8:
> I don’t understand why people think Halo 5 is incomplete all of the other Halo online multiplayer started with about the same amount of content and maps.

The only halo with bland forgery maps at launch, reach. All the other halos have memorable maps, halo 5 though? i dont think anyone is going to fondly remember Empire/Eden or Truth/Regret or Pegasus or The Rig or Plaza/Overgrowth. You see where im going with this? my point is these maps suck. When and where did this “remix” idea come from anyways?

> 2533274810869716;15:
> > 2533274806195358;8:
> > I don’t understand why people think Halo 5 is incomplete all of the other Halo online multiplayer started with about the same amount of content and maps.
>
>
> The only halo with bland forgery maps at launch, reach. All the other halos have memorable maps, halo 5 though? i dont think anyone is going to fondly remember Empire/Eden or Truth/Regret or Pegasus or The Rig or Plaza/Overgrowth. You see where im going with this? my point is these maps suck. When and where did this “remix” idea come from anyways?

Probably the original halo games… H5 just does it to much

As cool as forge is, those maps should have their own separate playlist like how halo 3 did it with double exp weekend.

> 2533274840624875;4:
> Well milking usually results in some sort of profit hence “milking a game” and since all the DLC is free, they are not really milking it. If it was paid than definitely but its not.

I would say the only milking is the req system. They are really taking it to the extreme. Yea I get it is optional and is what pays for the content, but seriously they need to stop showing the bundle deals on my dashboard. I like sales, not RNG micro-transactions.

> 2533274831961512;18:
> > 2533274840624875;4:
> > Well milking usually results in some sort of profit hence “milking a game” and since all the DLC is free, they are not really milking it. If it was paid than definitely but its not.
>
>
> I would say the only milking is the req system. They are really taking it to the extreme. Yea I get it is optional and is what pays for the content, but seriously they need to stop showing the bundle deals on my dashboard. I like sales, not RNG micro-transactions.

Idk about taking it to the “extreme”. Its just one game mode rather than the entire game itself. I have to agree, I dislike RNG.

> 2533274923562209;19:
> > 2533274831961512;18:
> > > 2533274840624875;4:
> > > Well milking usually results in some sort of profit hence “milking a game” and since all the DLC is free, they are not really milking it. If it was paid than definitely but its not.
> >
> >
> > I would say the only milking is the req system. They are really taking it to the extreme. Yea I get it is optional and is what pays for the content, but seriously they need to stop showing the bundle deals on my dashboard. I like sales, not RNG micro-transactions.
>
>
> Idk about taking it to the “extreme”. Its just one game mode rather than the entire game itself. I have to agree, I dislike RNG.

I say to the extreme because I stopped playing for a bit and when I came back they had all the microtransactions for values of up to $100. I always find that absurd and the fact that we’ve only had two content updates adding content and it being game modes and content that previous games had at launch and a few maps I get the feeling that they aren’t living up to the grand promises they made.