343 maybe on to something with that grappling hook

I’ve been playing Bungie games long before halo CE. My first jam was Marathon back in the mid nineties. I know a lot of older players are but hurt about the halo times changing around them. I too am a little sore today because I was one of the few dinosaurs who dug what halo 5s multiplayer had to offer. Now it seems I’m gonna loose that boost for a grappling hook. I’ve seen a lot of comparisons to recent games that employed grapples
But wait…
The mechanics I saw employed in this game were more reminiscent of Half-life 2 than they were anything to do with games like call of duty, etc
If you havent experienced half-life yet then I emplore you to play that while you wait.
I’m actually really excited to see all the neat things you can do with it besides pick up fusion coils and get your indiana chief on. Theres probably a lot more that meets the eye here

Yeah Chief could go full octopus and use the grappling hook to make a debris garden.

> 2535467727742598;2:
> Yeah Chief could go full octopus and use the grappling hook to make a debris garden.

Lol. I was thinking a long the lines of ripping off a turret down the way. Or snatching up a big crate for cover. Between things like that bubble shield hybrid and the potential options you could employ with the grapple. It seems like theyve figured out a way to have quite a few of the different equipment and armor mods from previous games all rolled into one without having to choose just one ability. I’m sure we’ll be doing a bit of tedious-grab this and stack that to get to skulls and what not. But I’m game

> 2793974233130299;1:
> I’ve been playing Bungie games long before halo CE. My first jam was Marathon back in the mid nineties. I know a lot of older players are but hurt about the halo times changing around them. I too am a little sore today because I was one of the few dinosaurs who dug what halo 5s multiplayer had to offer. Now it seems I’m gonna loose that boost for a grappling hook. I’ve seen a lot of comparisons to recent games that employed grapples
> But wait…
> The mechanics I saw employed in this game were more reminiscent of Half-life 2 than they were anything to do with games like call of duty, etc
> If you havent experienced half-life yet then I emplore you to play that while you wait.
> I’m actually really excited to see all the neat things you can do with it besides pick up fusion coils and get your indiana chief on. Theres probably a lot more that meets the eye here

An Indiana Jones AND a Transformers reference??

I think I love you

I really hope it doesn’t replace evade… grappling hooks are cool but played out and cliche. The evade in halo 5 is the true mobility a spartan should have. Im all for adding a grappling hook on top of that.

They obviously got the grappling hook from Apex Legends or Titanfall.

A gravity-based tool would actually make more sense than a grappling hook…The Banished already have gravity-based weapons, and the Banished and Forerunners obviously have anti-grav technology.

> 2535406023142023;5:
> I really hope it doesn’t replace evade… grappling hooks are cool but played out and cliche. The evade in halo 5 is the true mobility a spartan should have. Im all for adding a grappling hook on top of that.

I hope it doesnt either. If you watch the demo you’ll see when he goes into a map screen theres a heading for upgrades. I bet this is where things like the boosters and grappling hooks are attached to his armour. Being an open world game I wouldnt be surprised if this is a throw back to reach with a few different mods. I got my fingers crossed we’ll be able to have more than 1.

> 2535406023142023;5:
> I really hope it doesn’t replace evade… grappling hooks are cool but played out and cliche. The evade in halo 5 is the true mobility a spartan should have. Im all for adding a grappling hook on top of that.

If you’re talking about thrusters, yup it there… Watch the video around 6:40 he’s fighting the brute that throws a grenade and then chief deploys the shield. He evades while under fire just before grappling the brute. I’m a fan of the evade myself, I was glad to see it made the cut.

> 2535419441797248;7:
> A gravity-based tool would actually make more sense than a grappling hook…The Banished already have gravity-based weapons, and the Banished and Forerunners obviously have anti-grav technology.

The chief is so strong he already is a gravity weapon. He just needs something to get it to him (like halflifes gravity gun)

The grappling hook is interesting. It could work really well in some games. But it changes far too much in a Halo game. It’s becoming clear that the people who work at 343 Industries aren’t Halo fans. They obviously work at the company because that’s where they got hired and they need a job, but their passion isn’t for Halo. They want to create there own video games, and while I can respect that to a degree, they’re ruining a beloved franchise because of it.